Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

levitronix wrote: »
    Whats that green yoke on the ground look like a drill ?

Yes, it's a drill.

For drilling speed holes.

They make the bike go faster.

EDIT: Seriously, no idea, maybe hand held compressors?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought it was an air compressor myself

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Must have some battery and no pressure gauge i dont see a pressure switch or a pv valve some bit of kit id say pricey !!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Postman got me for €86.30 and I have no idea how they worked that one out
    Presumably Customs Duty (3.5%), VAT (21%) plus any administration fee they charge for collecting these taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

New Bus for the rest of the 2011 season one of the stiffest bikes i have ever been on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Welcome to the Argon 18 club - you're gonna love that machine, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

@crashoveroid, amazing-looking bike! What bars have you got on there?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

levitronix wrote: »
    Must have some battery and no pressure gauge i dont see a pressure switch or a pv valve some bit of kit id say pricey !!

Some class of grease gun? looks like possibly a tube of grease beside it or finish line lube maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Beasty wrote: »
    Presumably Customs Duty (3.5%), VAT (21%) plus any administration fee they charge for collecting these taxes

$520 for the wheels $100 for the ceramic bearing kit ( not yet fitted ) all including postage dollar was 1.3915 = €445.56 so I can't understand customs calculation at all:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

I thought it was an air compressor myself

You can by one in Halfords for €69.99 it comes only with a car charger so fairly useless, but this one has a pressure guage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

$520 for the wheels $100 for the ceramic bearing kit ( not yet fitted ) all including postage dollar was 1.3915 = €445.56 so I can't understand customs calculation at all:confused:

Maybe it was just on the wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Was there an invoice in the package? I once had an ex send a broken laptop back to me via a friend to get repaired, the friend had no idea of the cost so put a high valuation on the docket for insurance.

Customs here just apply a 15% charge on what's on the outside so I ended up paying a ridiculous bill to collect the damn thing (I got it back once I proved it was bought in the UK) So maybe someone over calculated? Have a look about for how they work it out or call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

@crashoveroid, amazing-looking bike! What bars have you got on there?

Hi

The bars are FSA Wing Pro Compact Road Bar very comfortable bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

My new project....

img5023med.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

My new project....

Lovely frame but is it not a bit risky clamping the top tube like that? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Smokin Super Freak.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

My new project....

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the frame and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Lovely frame but is it not a bit risky clamping the top tube like that? :confused:

No a risk at all. You don't clamp it with much pressure. Only thing you need to worry about is not scraping the frame.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the frame and how much?
    Ebay, Here's one very similar at a very similar price ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIALIZED-TARMAC-S-WORKS-SL3-2010-FRAMESET-/110676681072?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item19c4d82170

I made telephone contact to my seller to ensure that everything was legit. Reason for selling etc. He could talk the talk and i took a chance. Paid through Paypal/CC so I had some comeback if things did not work out. Seller had lots of photos and could answer any questions I had.

Lovely frame but is it not a bit risky clamping the top tube like that? confused.gif
    Clamp is Very loose and not damaging the carbon, It's practically balanced on the clamp. Notice the handle is not fully down and locked. As soon as i have a seat tube I'll clamp that instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

No a risk at all. You don't clamp it with much pressure. Only thing you need to worry about is not scraping the frame.

I wrap a small rag around the top tube to stop this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

was fed up looking at this in the hallway so built it up and took it for a spin tonight, its like youre floating on air, very smooth and speedy as its relatively light. rims are 28inch size
    Ive to pick up another saddle and some other bits and pieces, got black leather grips and black leather saddle bag, stem neeeds polishing

chain is 3/16" and runs very quiet, probably the quietest bike Ive ever rode.

I removed the reflective strip but my black marker ran dry, gonna cover the rest of the rear tyre later.

217585_10150585092250604_681875603_18775761_4487504_n.jpg

217585_10150585092255604_681875603_18775762_1811106_n.jpg

Not quite finished yet........

Stupid shop gave me an incorrect chainset,One side 170mm the other side 175mm:mad: I've had to borrow a chainset to get me going, Thanks Tom !!

It was getting dark when the photos were taken, I'll try to get some nice shots during the week.

First short spns indicate she's fast ;) even with a fat auldfella on board. Scales indicate 7Kg :eek:

1200f.jpg

1201w.jpg

Forgot to smile :D
    1202i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

road-bike-delta-7-ascend-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

el tel wrote: »
    road-bike-delta-7-ascend-4.jpg

whoa what is that :eek: taking weight a bit serious haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

^ don't like it, looks like it's been made with chicken wire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Not quite finished yet........

Stupid shop gave me an incorrect chainset,One side 170mm the other side 175mm:mad: I've had to borrow a chainset to get me going, Thanks Tom !!

It was getting dark when the photos were taken, I'll try to get some nice shots during the week.

First short spns indicate she's fast ;) even with a fat auldfella on board. Scales indicate 7Kg :eek:

Sweet looking bike - lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

whoa what is that :eek: taking weight a bit serious haha
    As far as I remember (when this frame was shown before) this is not a lightweight weenie frame - 1050g from the Delta7bikes website. (250g heavier than a Scott Addict SL for example.)
    And then there is all the extra surface area for dirt and water to stick to.
    And then there is the increased wind resistance...
    And the frames are handbuilt to order (read mega expensive) but there is no custom sizing facility - only 4 frame sizes offered!
    It's what's known as a gimmick. One for the collectors maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

aria_build3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Was that ^^^ in Tron? :p

Advertisement