Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Fender76 wrote: »
    jiffybag, where's your di2 battery....?

must... resist... urge... to... quote... photo...

LHS chainstay??

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Thanks Gavin for resizing the photos.

The wheels from our friends in the far east , 50mm carbon clinchers , got them from a LBS . Going to leave them as they are , unbranded . I like that 'stealth' effect.

Yes indeed , the Di2 battery is mounted on the underside of the left hand chain stay. This is a Di2 specific framset , ie proper fittings for the battery and no cable guides on down tube.

I hope to have more photos sorted some and hopefully they are a the correct size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

20110406002b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

finally cleaned the thing :D just after ordering new silver hubs for it as the current ones are shot, i must have replaced everything that was on the original bike by now, this isnt a downhill rig btw you press that magic orange button to shorten the forks and extend the shock for uphills only weighs about 14 kg as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

finally cleaned the thing :D just after ordering new silver hubs for it as the current ones are shot, i must have replaced everything that was on the original bike by now, this isnt a downhill rig btw you press that magic orange button to shorten the forks and extend the shock for uphills only weighs about 13 kg as well.

Looking good! Did you get the brakes sorted?

PS, what's the spec? I see SLX cranks...
    28lbs is light!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

TT Bike 002.jpg
    My New TT bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LeoD

jiffybag wrote: »
    My New bike for the summer sportives in Europe .

:eek: Holy s**t - what a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

finally cleaned the thing :D just after ordering new silver hubs for it as the current ones are shot, i must have replaced everything that was on the original bike by now, this isnt a downhill rig btw you press that magic orange button to shorten the forks and extend the shock for uphills only weighs about 13 kg as well.[/QUOTE]

Savage! Good to see a MB up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

My 1989 PDM Concorde updated over the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

20110406002b.jpg

finally cleaned the thing :D just after ordering new silver hubs for it as the current ones are shot, i must have replaced everything that was on the original bike by now, this isnt a downhill rig btw you press that magic orange button to shorten the forks and extend the shock for uphills only weighs about 13 kg as well.
    Not familiar with the bike, what is it? I haven't been keeping up with tech, finally a bike that can fly downhill that doesn't have to be carried back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Still life with wilting tulips. Old bike, new wheels.

P1010385.jpg

• Advertisement

gman2k wrote: »
    Looking good! Did you get the brakes sorted?

PS, what's the spec? I see SLX cranks...
    28lbs is light!

the problem with the brakes is a direct result of the rear hub which is shot, that was the reason it kept rubbing on the mount, just ordered new hubs so that problem should be dead and buried thank god

the spec is as follows:
    Frame: 7000 T6 AL
    X- Fusion O2 RPV
    Forks: Bionicon Double agent for E
    80 - 160 mm
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Slx long cage
    Front Derailleur: SRAM x7
    Shifters: Sram X-5, Shimano Slx
    Chainset: Shimano Slx
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano Slx
    Chain: Sram PC971
    Freewheel: Sram PC950 11 - 34
    Headset: Bionicon FIT
    Stem: Bionicon adjustble Twin lock
    Handlebars: Bionicon Barfly
    Front Brake: Avid Elixer 5 203mm
    Rear Brake: Avid Elixer 5 185mm
    Rims: Alexrims
    Front Hub: Shimano Deore
    Rear Hub: Shimano Deore
    Spokes: DT swiss comp
    Tyres: Schwalbe Albert Sport 2.25
    Saddle: not too sure tbh :D
    Seatpost: Bionicon

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Not familiar with the bike, what is it? I haven't been keeping up with tech, finally a bike that can fly downhill that doesn't have to be carried back up?

its from a small German company called bionicon, they create all mountain bikes that have adjustable geometry see link

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

barry75 wrote: »
    TT Bike 002.jpg
    My New TT bike

Lovely.

I'm also impressed that you photographed it at an angle to prevent us from measuring the saddle-bb distance. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks Lumen,
    Here are a few more pics at different angles;)
    http://img215.imageshack.us/g/ttbike004.jpg/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

s5001517.jpg
    my trekker....mmmmm lecker :D
    http://img64.imageshack.us/i/s5001517.jpg/

I say, feck 'Euro'

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

SNAP!

Nice bench!

20110406002b.jpg

40179.jpg.html%20target=_blank%3E40179_thumb.jpg40179_thumb.jpg32929_thumb.jpg

Been meaning to post this for while. Its finished-ish. Please no stem comments. Its a spare. Tyres are blue because thats what was in the shed.
    a3859_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Been meaning to post this for while. Its finished-ish. Please no stem comments. Its a spare. Tyres are blue because thats what was in the shed.
    a3859_thumb.jpg
    What bars have you got on it? I'm looking for some roughly that shape.

Own brand bars from VanNicholas VNT elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Are they not very erm big?

Like a fella with a big head.. :-)

Or is it the white tape?

• Advertisement

studiorat wrote: »
    Are they not very erm big?

Like a fella with a big head.. :-)

Or is it the white tape?
    Theres a white bell in there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Its ok, I have a big head. They will match me.

SNAP!

Nice bench!

40179.jpg.html%20target=_blank%3E40179_thumb.jpg40179_thumb.jpg32929_thumb.jpg

OMG not only do you have a bionicon (golden willow i presume? whats the spec on it? i saw xtr brakes :eek: ) but you have basically the same bench :D the world is funny sometimes haha

Golden willow scandium. 20 speed X9. Fairly light for FS. Best bike I have ever riden. Climbs as fast as racy bikes and comes down like a proper dh rig. Its only when I ride a hardtail do I realize how bad I am and how good this bike is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭JonDoe

Pothole Killer
    P1050290.jpg

Golden willow scandium. 20 speed X9. Fairly light for FS. Best bike I have ever riden. Climbs as fast as racy bikes and comes down like a proper dh rig. Its only when I ride a hardtail do I realize how bad I am and how good this bike is!

theses bike are actually amazing, its a pity they arnt well known (over here anyway), my own weighs nothing for what it is (between 13-14 kg), im actually afraid to go near a hardtail as this thing gives me so much confidence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

JonDoe wrote: »
    Pothole Killer

Can you use that bike for cyclecross?? :)

What tyres you running on it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

a3859_thumb.jpg

Please state (without delay) where you got the fantastic (or maybe even a little sexy) bottle cages or if possible please post a link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Please state (without delay) where you got the fantastic (or maybe even a little sexy) bottle cages or if possible please post a link

They might be the lifeline Titanium cages. Have some myself, hold a bottle well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They might be the lifeline Titanium cages. Have some myself, hold a bottle well

I liked mine until one snapped going over some cobbles. They don't look like Ti on the inside.

Advertisement