Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

In Advanced editing, you can click Manage Attachments, and upload your image. After uploading your image, you should see a URL on the Advanced page with the name of you file. You can go back to your post, click on the Insert Image button and paste that URL into the prompt that appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

now just to clean the thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

17997_thumb.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

billaustin wrote: »
    17997_thumb.jpg

Beautiful bike but you need to sort the bars out .......

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

Forgive the newb question, but how do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

billaustin wrote: »
    Forgive the newb question, but how do you mean?

They are just tilted upwards. The flat bit of the bars below the drops should be close to parallel with the ground.
    More of a looks issue but on such a great bike it just seems wrong not to have it perfect ..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,029 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    They are just tilted upwards. The flat bit of the bars below the drops should be close to parallel with the ground.

That's a bit personal. I read in a bike fit book that that those bits (the lower drops) should form a line which bisects the seat stays.

edit: here, from the quite decent "4th Edition Bike Fit" by Arnie Baker MD. It must be right because he's a doctor. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Lumen wrote: »
    That's a bit personal. I read in a bike fit book that that those bits (the lower drops) should form a line which bisects the seat stays.

edit: here, from the quite decent "4th Edition Bike Fit" by Arnie Baker MD. It must be right because he's a doctor. ;)

This is an interesting point, and possibly worth its own thread? I've often wondered about the "correct" position. While I agree that the hoods raised as high as in the pic in question looks worng, its interesting to see some "science" behind it. Now, is it correct science, or pseudo mumbo-jumbo science.......?

The comments about incorrect positioning resulting in strain and such conditions as pointed to in the article should not - IMO - be lightly dismissed.

Anyone ..... ?

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    This is an interesting point, and possibly worth its own thread? I've often wondered about the "correct" position. While I agree that the hoods raised as high as in the pic in question looks worng, its interesting to see some "science" behind it. Now, is it correct science, or pseudo mumbo-jumbo science.......?

Hood position is a mostly separate issue to handlebar angle. There's a separate chapter on that. :D

Personally I prefer vertical shifters and horizontal hoods; I think anything else is a workaround for an underlying fit issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Lumen wrote: »
    Hood position is a mostly separate issue to handlebar angle. There's a separate chapter on that. :D

Personally I prefer vertical shifters and horizontal hoods; I think anything else is a workaround for an underlying fit issue.

Surely this is a "Euro" issue? The Hoods have to "Look right" and this is far more important than any comfort/medical advise. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

And anyway whatever about the position, the black looks pants. Get some nice white tape on there asap!

-Lovely bike btw :)

edit - and red hoods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

for me the hoods have to be postioned so I can comfortably use the brake lever with at least 2 fingers while in an upward seated positon riding on the drops and in aero mode

I used to have them so that they were in the middle of the bend but I'd have to reach down to use them, it was nice for fast decents tho

*the bar angle should be adjusted for comfort, close to parallel works for me with a slight tip downwards at the ends

* also depends if its anatomic or some odd shape

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭muad_dib77

Done 1km
    Assembled and collected today.

Chuffed to bits with the way it looks.

Still changing a few bits tho.

What do you think? (Yes, I can take critique)

Click on thumb for larger version:
    thumbnail.pngthumbnail.png
    thumbnail.pngthumbnail.png

Things I know I'm changing.

1. Putting on Look Racing Pedals (Grey)
    2. Carbon Drop Bars - Will go for black tape.
    3. Carbon Tri Bar add-ons
    4. 2x Carbon Bottle Cages

Considering removing the Reflectors in the wheels as I wont be doing any cycling in the dark anyways, and I dont like the look of them.
    Also there's a clear plastic dish behind the gear, what's that for? Looks untidy or something.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Leave the tape white.
    Give the pie plate to petethedrummer.
    Put some proper pedals.
    Lift your saddle (regardless if you can touch the pedals or not, has to look good, that's the important bit).
    Remove reflectors.
    Throw bottlecage and bottle to the bin.
    Lower slightly the bars.

Ok.. enjoy it, looks good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

muad_dib77 wrote: »
    2. Carbon Drop Bars - Will go for black tape.
    3. Carbon Tri Bar add-ons

Please no, nothing wrong with those bars, leave the white tape. Please don't get tribars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Verynice bike. White tape looks great, get rid of reflectors & pie plate. But either that saddle is waaaay too low, or the bike is too big for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Very nice bike, pity about union jack

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭muad_dib77

spyderski wrote: »
    Verynice bike. White tape looks great, get rid of reflectors & pie plate. But either that saddle is waaaay too low, or the bike is too big for you.

ta ta..

With regards to the size though bike is measured for me - ought to be the right size..certainly feels comfy, and I'm not sure the aul back would be up to riding around at an acute angle. The saddle can go up a smidge, but defo not a huge amount - will wait with the fine adjustment till my shoes and pedals arrive.

may reconsider on the tape color once I have the new bars here - still waiting for them in the post.

-> Goldencleric
    tribars are a comfort thing, not pleasing to the eye I know.

-> Astramonti
    I might lift the saddle when I'm not riding it ;-)
    Does Petethedrummer need kichenware?
    Bottlecage was provided foc by the shop, seemed impolite not to accept the friendly gesture..but yes, as soon as the carbon cages arrive the bbb one will be donated to the wifeys mountain bike.
    I might be up for lowering the bars a fraction, will need to ride the bike some more to decide - I'll keep it in mind.

-> Gipo
    I hadn't even spotted it..I'll cover the offending article with a Dannebrog & tricolor combo when I get a chance. ;-)

Thanks all..fb appreciated - might even get up early tomorrow and have a schpin.

It's that or bunk off early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

re. bottle cages - Tacx Tao plastic cages are just as good as carbon cages, a good bit cheaper, just as not as bling-bling:

http://www.probikekit.com/eu/hydration-nutrition/bicycle-bottle-cages/tacx-tao-cycling-bottle-cage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

My New bike for the summer sportives in Europe .

67726.jpg&w=640
    b3c14.jpg&w=640
    03cbc.jpg&w=640
    a5bca.jpg&w=640
    49054.jpg&w=640
    141ba.jpg&w=640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Love the bike but for the love of God will you reduce the size of those pics!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Love the bike but for the love of God will you reduce the size of those pics!

I can't even see the bike, I just see parts of a bike but it takes too long to scroll across

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

CramCycle wrote: »
    I can't even see the bike, I just see parts of a bike but it takes too long to scroll across

Here you go

http://img.ie/images/67726.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Hi , first time posting pictures . Sorry about the size , still a bit unsure about getting them to fit correctly . I have tons more to post of different bikes. A little help in getting them right would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Google 'pixresizer'. It's a small and very easy to use program.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lemag wrote: »
    Google 'pixresizer'. It's a small and very easy to use program.

Or paint (windows), iPhoto (mac) or Gimp (multiplatform).

Jiffybag, what are the wheels?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Or upload them to photobucket. I'm just waiting for someone to quote the post, there's always one.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

jiffybag wrote: »
    My New bike for the summer sportives in Europe.

Lovely!

Front pad alignment looks a bit off, assuming you need to keep it on the brake track (?).

Which wheels are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I modified the image links to use a dynamic online image resize tool.
    http://www.snaphow.com/dynamically-resize-image-from-url-embed-thumbnails-using-url-hacks/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

jiffybag, where's your di2 battery....?

Advertisement