Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

ok so it's not written in stone but all you gotta do is look through ANY website on piercers in Ireland and the cons waaaay outweigh the pros to it, not to mention actually seeing the dodge ass work that comes out of it, everyone i've ever known to get pierced there has had problems with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Le Rack wrote: »
    they've a bad name cuz they have one of the highest infection rates in ireland...i've seen it first hand...
    thats rubbish wheres the proof of this assumption?

would you ever continue reading summit before you reply, preferably dont reply. I answered to this and have seen enough enough botch jobs to know its not all rubbish. im sure good work may well have come out too but ive only ever seen bad

MRSA is the highest rate in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Whats MRSA got to do with it Davey?

Also: I know of people that got pierced there badly, hence I wouldnt go there or recommend it.

Highest infection rate in Ireland is going too far though Rach, its a ridiculous claim that you have no way of backing up.

• Advertisement

Whats MRSA got to do with it Davey?

Also: I know of people that got pierced there badly, hence I wouldnt go there or recommend it.

Highest infection rate in Ireland is going too far though Rach, its a ridiculous claim that you have no way of backing up.
    whats Rach?as the claim as i looked up google i thought id point it out.

http://www.irishhealth.com/?level=4&id=7635

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

he mistyped rash, he was talking about the rash you get around hte piercing when it gets badly infected because of metalmorphosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

yeah i just think it's a lot of people who know of one or two people that can't look after a piercing when they get it done and ultimately the piercer gets blamed. there's no way to prove any argument for or against. I've had 8 piercings done in there and not a bother with any of them. That's my input so when this argument crops up you can now say, well one lad has had 0% failure rate in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Had my first piercing (nape) botched in Metalmorphosis by Elaine and there's not a hope I'd go back. Bad first impressions don't inspire confidence whether it's a one off or not. That said, I did get a full refund after some badgering emails (including pictures) to their head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

yeah i think it depends on the person getting pierced and how well they look after it.
    i've had the majority of mine done there and i've not had any trouble with them!
    i'm sure everywhere has a name for botch jobs within a group of certain people y'know?

• Advertisement

I'd have to agree with that! Most of the opinions put forward are probably second hand anyway, like someones friend got something done and it got infected etc. There's just no way of telling to be honest. A piercing will go one of two ways, kept clean and well, it will heal, not kept clean and well, it won't. Simple as.

maybe but that isn't always the case aswel, a girl in there completely feiced up my mates tragus, the acutal piercing, was nothing to do with the aftercare, she pierced her tragus wrong, Aid was in bit crying with pain, then she tried to charge her double cuz she had to open up an new needle cuz the one she was using came apart, the tube-y bit came from the needle-y bit, while she was piercing she gave the choice of leaving it, half pierced, opening a new needle and charging double or not opening a new needle and just trying to shove the jewelry through. not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

davey180 wrote: »
    whats Rach?
    he mistyped rash
    I typed Rach. Rach = Le Rack
    DILLIGAF wrote: »
    yeah i just think it's a lot of people who know of one or two people that can't look after a piercing when they get it done and ultimately the piercer gets blamed.
    No, it's people that can and do look after their piercings, but the piercer does a shoddy job on it. I'm not saying that every piercing they do is bad, or anywhere near it, but that they seem to have more botched piercings than any of the other places I know of.*
    Had my first piercing (nape) botched in Metalmorphosis by Elaine and there's not a hope I'd go back. Bad first impressions don't inspire confidence whether it's a one off or not. That said, I did get a full refund after some badgering emails (including pictures) to their head office.
    Yours was one of the first cases I knew of that put me off ever going in there. Also, good to see you're still around!

*georges arcade doesn't count.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Everyone has their own place that their comfy with. Personally speaking, I'll never set foot in Metal Morphosis again as I was made feel so uncomfortable in there when I was getting pierced, or other times when I went to ask for advice/jewellery. Anyway, its all been said before on here, either ye like it or ye don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yeah, been there a few times and don't feel comfortable. There are far better and nicer piercers in Dublin.

I know what your saying like and totally respect it, but as damo said above, his opinion is based on a mates, I just wonder how many others are like that! I

when i got me eyebrow done 2 years ago as i remember that the piercer had no latex gloves but used new needle out of the packet and did the job.i suppose i was lucky that it healed ok.Maybe not wearing latex gloves in ireland is the main problem?or the face mask if its compulsary?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I typed Rach. Rach = Le Rack

i know, was just messin round!

think that was aimed at davey Ni

davey180 wrote: »
    when i got me eyebrow done 2 years ago as i remember that the piercer had no latex gloves but used new needle out of the packet and did the job.i suppose i was lucky that it healed ok.Maybe not wearing latex gloves in ireland is the main problem?or the face mask if its compulsary?

One piercer not wearing gloves does not mean a country-wide problem. I've had 30+ piercings and I've yet to encounter a piercer that didn't wear gloves.

• Advertisement

yeah the gloves thing is news to me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Buttes, Le Mao

I'm looking to get a tattoo on my back in the next week or two, I know **** all about them or who to go to in cork.
    What I want is a simple black ink shape in between my shoulder blades.

I'm looking to get a tattoo on my back in the next week or two, I know **** all about them or who to go to in cork.
    What I want is a simple black ink shape in between my shoulder blades.
    try tattoo zoo in one of side street at the coal quay.
    Tattoo Zoo, 96 Sth Main st Cork

Ay cheers. a couple of people mentioned there.

Personally I'd recommend Raul in Smiley Dogg on Marlboro St, black and grey is his specialty.

thanks... uh, gauge.

You're welcome Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

inkworks in bray is worth a look. I got a realy nice tat of a susuwatari on my back there recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 marcocapri81

i went to nine lives in bray and got some nice work done there ,they seem to know their stuff,and cheap compared to most places.

• Advertisement

was it Anna O’Donnell does the tats there?

Advertisement