Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Can anyone recommend a good piercer in North London? I know it's a bit outside the range of a thread about piercers and tattooists in Ireland but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I'm quite near to Camden and I know there are a load there but I'm not sure I'd trust any of them without a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i reckon truthinwords or amazingemmett are possibly the best posters to answer that, at least i think i've seen them reference london/english artists before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The London Piercing Clinic is the only place I'm 100% sure I've heard good reviews from. I know Camden seems quite cool etc but most of the piercing places are in the back of clothes shops and there's about 50 of them on the one street which all look a bit dodgy. If you want a more informed opinion I'd say post on the skindeep.co.uk forums those guys will sort you out.

xtruthx

Thanks, the reason I mention Camden is that it's the biggest concentration of piercing parlours that I'm aware of nearby. But the majority of the places do look a bit suspect and I'd prefer to go to someone who knows what they're doing and where I can go back for advice/further work if needs be. I'll suss out skindeep alright. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

denise is leaving snakebite! I nearly cried! wanted her to do my next one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

Hi all! I'm looking for info on piercers in Galway, I'm sure it's been discussed before so if anyone could point me in the right direction??

If not what does everyone think of Irish Ink, Metalworks and that new place seems just to be called 'Tattoo'
    I'm anxious about going to the new place though as someone told me it's one of the piercers from metalworks and I've had a horrible experience, and I'm not the only one. Hope you can help out as I'm sick of waiting to go to Dublin to be pierced :) Thanks.

I wouldn't go to any of them. Wait and go to Dublin (Vpiercing, Snakebite, Celestial Ring, Bodyshock are all good)

xtruthx

Is galway notorious or the experiences I've had and heard of isolated do you know??

Yeah I know I should wait but it's a beehotch having to!

I lived in Galway for 4 years and didn't get pierced there once during that period. I went to get a jewelery change in Metalworks and it was the strangest place the piercer wasn't pierced and wore a lab coat type deal. He was rough, unfriendly and I just didn't like the atmosphere and with Irish Ink it looks dirty, they give unsuitable jewelery and from my friends that have been pierced there theres a high rejection/infection rate.

xtruthx

i can only speak as a poster on boards.ie on this one, but we do get a lot of posts referencing the two main places in galway and a lot of bad piercings.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Thanks, the reason I mention Camden is that it's the biggest concentration of piercing parlours that I'm aware of nearby. But the majority of the places do look a bit suspect and I'd prefer to go to someone who knows what they're doing and where I can go back for advice/further work if needs be. I'll suss out skindeep alright. Thanks :)

I've heard a lot of good things about Cold Steel in Camden - went in for a nosey in January, and staff seem friendly enough!

Thanks for the info folks, I know I won't be going to metalworks again, I wouldn't for the world. But when I find out who this new piercer is I may chance it...
    Anywhere nearer to galway than dublin that's reliable??

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of good things about Cold Steel in Camden - went in for a nosey in January, and staff seem friendly enough!

Yeah, I posted on skindeep.co.uk and both recommendations I got were for Cold Steel so I's say I'll end up popping in at some point to suss it out :) Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SweetSmyles

I got my ink done by Darren at Color Works Studio this past summer, it was definitely an amazing experience...the guys were awesome, helpful and hilarious...does anyone know if they have a website, I casn't seem to find one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

i've heard equally as wicked things about colorworks and would probably drop by there someday. For now I'll be frequenting Tribal Tattoos in galway, Vinny is an amazing artist, and I say artist because he really is, he just happens to tattoo as way to express himself,pure professional! Anyway here's a shot of something he just finished on me,I'd recommend him to anyone thinking of getting some work done no matter what the style! He's really friendly if you want to go in and even just have a chat about what it is you want or just to browse the extensive reference material! I loved it there!

medone.jpg

I got my ink done by Darren at Color Works Studio this past summer, it was definitely an amazing experience...the guys were awesome, helpful and hilarious...does anyone know if they have a website, I casn't seem to find one

http://www.colourworkstattoostudio.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Anyone get work done at D M Tattoo Studio in Finglas, or know of his reputation? It's the studio on the hill in main street Finglas village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Hawkeye4real

Hi, Can anyone help me, i am trying to get a contact phone number for Dragon Tattoos in Talbot street, as I want to go down on a Saturday, but its an hour on the train and I don't have a big window of time between other commitments, so I was hoping to ring in advance to book a time slot?

01)8749941

i've not heard great things about them though...could be a different dragon...if no luck try snakebite, middle abbey street, sat is walk in day no appointment needed, they're usually busy though...worth a try, major quality place

what is yer mans name in Zulu, with the short messy hair, glasses, deadly tattoo, right down to his hands, up his neck...cute..it's been driving me nuts bout two weeks now...went in with a mate of mine to get inked only to realise I know him from work and can't think of his name at all!

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/Dublin/tattoo.html

link to all tattoo places in dublins numbers...links on the page to piercing places too...

why does no one else ever seem to think of golden pages on here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Hawkeye4real

Thanks a million for that! (Damn, I can't believe I didn't think of the Golden pages!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

theres one in Mallow called Tattoo Art and tattooist name is Joe anyone got tattooed there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Classic1

i'm looking to get a new tattoo but i'm looking for inspiration...any good websites or anything that could help????

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

anyone care to tell me why metalmorphisis has such a bad name on this site?

I have no idea! I quite like the place and staff, and have had lots of work done there with no problems at all!

yeah i'm the same, although.
    i'm not sure about barry as a piercer.
    elaine was great! gonna miss her )':

yeah she was class, loved her bling bling tattoo with the microdermals on top of it! hot too! :P

she was yeah ;)
    she moved to another place in town i can't remmebr the name though!
    have you heard anything about that?

they've a bad name cuz they have one of the highest infection rates in ireland...i've seen it first hand...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

"one of the highest infection rates in ireland"
    please back up your statement with proof. Pretty outrageous claim...

Advertisement