Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

I think the problem there is the meetup will be a no show after the 500 is dropped on paypal or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

puzl wrote: »
    I think the problem there is the meetup will be a no show after the 500 is dropped on paypal or whatever.

Meetup would suggest paying in person of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

So I got it guys, really excited to fire it up but more excited about going to bed at a decent time instead of staying up refreshing multiple pages ha.

I'll still keep an eye out for everyone and post if it's worth it. Happy hunting and I'm sure in a couple of weeks everyone will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

vinny33 wrote: »
    So I got it guys, really excited to fire it up but more excited about going to bed at a decent time instead of staying up refreshing multiple pages ha.

I'll still keep an eye out for everyone and post if it's worth it. Happy hunting and I'm sure in a couple of weeks everyone will be happy.

Nice one vinny33 you deserve it, sleepless nits are over now. Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

Great news. But can you not stay up refreshing for the rest of us?ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‚😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Fair play Vinny. Where did you get sorted for a finish?

Edit: ah, Carlow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Enjoy it :) Make sure you add all the PS Plus collection games to your library :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Congratulations man! Seeing that after all the grind. Totally worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Ps5 back on the Amazon website after its little holiday but still unavailable

AMAZON took the disk version down :-(

disk version is back on amazon! let's hope they stock it today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Just a heads up for anyone who preordered with GameStop....the placeholder date on my preorder queue just changed from 29/01/2021 to 31/03/2021. I made the preorder on 17th September, and others in the same position as me has had theirs changed too.

There has been several drops from different big retailers in Spain (MM, Fnac), have the feeling Amazon will have some stock available ...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Just a heads up for anyone who preordered with GameStop....the placeholder date on my preorder queue just changed from 29/01/2021 to 31/03/2021. I made the preorder on 17th September, and others in the same position as me has had there’s changed too.

Wow.. terrible.

Funnily enough one of my mates got a digital early December even though he only pre-ordered it the week before. Maybe it was a mix up or because it was a digital one, who knows.

He'd a load of angry messages from his own friends fecking Gamestop out of it :pac:

Any news from Currys, Argos, HN or Smyths?

lemonkey wrote: »
    Wow.. terrible.

Funnily enough one of my mates got a digital early December even though he only pre-ordered it the week before. Maybe it was a mix up or because it was a digital one, who knows.

He'd a load of angry messages from his own friends fecking Gamestop out of it :pac:

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency there in terms of fulfilling orders by date...also I find it baffling that people say they put preorders down in the Summer before the price was announced, and yet my local GameStop wouldn’t let me?

Just a heads up for anyone who preordered with GameStop....the placeholder date on my preorder queue just changed from 29/01/2021 to 31/03/2021. I made the preorder on 17th September, and others in the same position as me has had theirs changed too.

just guna cancel my preorder with them, absolute disgrace of a company.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency there in terms of fulfilling orders by date...also I find it baffling that people say they put preorders down in the Summer before the price was announced, and yet my local GameStop wouldn’t let me?

My local took their first preorder roughly 2 years before the release of the ps5. They said up to the preorder day they had approx 12 orders.

Gamestop when lockdowns hit turned it into a nightmare by lumping all stores into 1 master list and people were pushed further down the queue.

just guna cancel my preorder with them, absolute disgrace of a company.

I had both the PS5 and Xbox preordered with them. I got an xbox on release in argos and I had an update at the start of december to say I was getting one before christmas. A week before christmas they then emailed to say it will be some stage 2021 so I went straight in and cancelled both preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Kimbot wrote: »
    I had both the PS5 and Xbox preordered with them. I got an xbox on release in argos and I had an update at the start of december to say I was getting one before christmas. A week before christmas they then emailed to say it will be some stage 2021 so I went straight in and cancelled both preorders.

would you guys be better off keeping your pre-order in the event some miracle happens and they get them in early. on the other hand, if you did secure a PS5 from somewhere else, surely you could use your pre-order for a friend/family member.

not sure how the pre-order with Game worked so could be talking out of my A$%e

would you guys be better off keeping your pre-order in the event some miracle happens and they get them in early. on the other hand, if you did secure a PS5 from somewhere else, surely you could use your pre-order for a friend/family member.

No you’re actually right to be fair. As much as I’d like to cancel out of anger there’s still no guarantee of getting one from somewhere else before then. Like I would be raging now if I couldn’t get one between now and the summer and the preorders ended up being good for say March or April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

If you're on a preorder list stay in the queue.. it's impossible to get back onto it again and who knows when supply will start to meet demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elvis1988

Do yes think if I went down to currys in navan I might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Elvis1988 wrote: »
    Do yes think if I went down to currys in navan I might be lucky

Yeah, I mean loads of other people have posted here that they tried that exact store and had no luck but you might!

In all seriousness nobody here can answer that, if it's within your 5KM just buzz down, try your luck and keep us posted.

I got sorted with the xboxes I needed for friends etc so it was no use to me at all and cancelling it freed up a space (I also had it fully paid off so getting my money back at christmas was better than waiting).
    I also got a ps5 in the last smyths drop and hn for family so again moving a person up on the list by cancelling so someone that did need one got one :)

i had emailed them to cancel and moan at them, they replied saying its only a guide date now and could easily change in the coming weeks, so decided to stay on the queue just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I was resigned to wait until June and avoid all the chaos as I missed getting one for Christmas - however... the Resident Evil 8 demo for PS5 that dropped on the PS store has changed all that - I’m now like a junkie looking for a fix - hoping Harvey Norman or Smyths drop soon and I’m lucky enough to get an order in

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Danick wrote: »
    I was resigned to wait until June and avoid all the chaos as I missed getting one for Christmas - however... the Resident Evil 8 demo for PS5 that dropped on the PS store has changed all that - I’m now like a junkie looking for a fix - hoping Harvey Norman or Smyths drop soon and I’m lucky enough to get an order in

Agreed, that trailer / demo was just crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I would also absolutely love, just love to cancel my preorder and not even urinate to put out a fire on whatever disgraceful charlatans are running gamestop...but I see no hope in getting the ps5 from any other place faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Called in at lunchtime today, like you say they had some during the week but sold out instantly, so I was told.
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    Currys in Sligo had them Monday, the brothers housemate got one.

All bar two went to staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Kimbot wrote: »
    Enjoy it :) Make sure you add all the PS Plus collection games to your library :)

How long do we have to do that please?

Thanks,
    M

Advertisement