Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

Jahcork wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from GameStop? I preordered back in sept with them! Hopefully we get them end of this month

heard nothing and i ordered in September too, holding on to my deposit though!! fingers crossed its end of the month or sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

Jahcork wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from GameStop? I preordered back in sept with them! Hopefully we get them end of this month

I'm in the same boat. Preordered the start of September. I've emailed a few times and they finally sent me an update on Monday this week

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

Unfortunately we don't as of yet have an expected date on future waves of this console, however once we have a confirmed date we will be back in contact with you directly.

I understand that you have been waiting some time now and we really appreciate your patience in this regard.

We will be back in touch as soon as we have an update on your pre-order.

Kind Regards,

GameStop | Elizabeth | Customer Relations Officer - Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Dan577 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Preordered the start of September. I've emailed a few times and they finally sent me an update on Monday this week

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

Unfortunately we don't as of yet have an expected date on future waves of this console, however once we have a confirmed date we will be back in contact with you directly.

I understand that you have been waiting some time now and we really appreciate your patience in this regard.

We will be back in touch as soon as we have an update on your pre-order.

Kind Regards,

GameStop | Elizabeth | Customer Relations Officer - Ireland

I understand they are in huge demand but jaysus there should be a little something given back money off on games or something.
    It is very much their fault you dont have one yet!
    They sold what they didnt have.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

coolisin wrote: »
    I understand they are in huge demand but jaysus there should be a little something given back money off on games or something.
    It is very much their fault you dont have one yet!
    They sold what they didnt have.

If they've been selling them in-store prior to fulfilling pre-orders, then I'd slap them silly tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If they've been selling them in-store prior to fulfilling pre-orders, then I'd slap them silly tbh.

They should be slapped silly for the whole mess in anyway. Way overbooked preorders and cant fulfill them at all. I know people still waiting for their updates/consoles that preordered as soon as stores opened and took preorders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

People were warned not to pre-order with GameStop and they still went ahead and did it. It was madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I have the feeling Amazon UK should drop some units anytime soon as many other retailers in the UK ...

To be honest I am starting to consider this option plus import fees if I can get one ...

How much they will be?

PS: Something around €120-140 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I too am waiting for the Amazon.co.uk drop.

I don't understand how they don't have any .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

m8051 wrote: »
    I have the feeling Amazon UK should drop some units anytime soon as many other retailers in the UK ...

To be honest I am starting to consider this option plus import fees if I can get one ...

How much they will be?

PS: Something around €120-140 ...

No they won't be 120-140 more, maybe a few pounds only. Amazon will remove the UK vat and then add the Irish Vat to it, similar to the older way but now the VAT is called Import Fees Deposit

I have an item coming from Amazon which was £186, I paid £152.75 + £36.14 Import Fees Deposit coming back to a total of 188.89

If you bought from another UK Retailer who charged you UK Vat and just shipped hoping for the best, then you could be slapped with Import Duty, Vat, collection fees as well but not from Amazon

People were warned not to pre-order with GameStop and they still went ahead and did it. It was madness.

What warnings? I didn't hear anything about it. I did have one in the basket with Smyths but didn't go for it as I already had the preorder with gamestop🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 TaxPro

Berty wrote: »
    No they won't be 120-140 more, maybe a few pounds only. Amazon will remove the UK vat and then add the Irish Vat to it, similar to the older way but now the VAT is called Import Fees Deposit

I have an item coming from Amazon which was £186, I paid £152.75 + £36.14 Import Fees Deposit coming back to a total of 188.89

If you bought from another UK Retailer who charged you UK Vat and just shipped hoping for the best, then you could be slapped with Import Duty, Vat, collection fees as well but not from Amazon

Also no customs on video game console imports to the EU from Japan (assuming that's the country of origin).

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

I thought there was an excise on it in addition to vat if it was over a certain value (€150 ex vat or something)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Gamestop have been circling the drain for years tbh, their model has switched to mostly merch to stave off the inevitable. I would never give them money for anything as expensive as a console unless I was handing it over the counter and receiving the goods back on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    I thought there was an excise on it in addition to vat if it was over a certain value (€150 ex vat or something)?

I am only speaking of Amazon of course
    You won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910710

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Good to know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gamestop have been circling the drain for years tbh, their model has switched to mostly merch to stave off the inevitable. I would never give them money for anything as expensive as a console unless I was handing it over the counter and receiving the goods back on the spot

That's exactly what I said in the previous thread. Smyths was always the way to go, I just wish I had managed to secure a pre-order myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Update on Currys copy and pasted from discord, make of it what you will

So today <@!408699251468795914>'s friend from Currys was on the Twitch stream today to answer some questions we had about updates on their stock. Here are the main points that we got from him: 1) Currys are currently waiting on stock to come in but it is delayed due to Brexit. This stock could be here this weekend or next week (no date is confirmed). 2) Dublin will be getting the majority of this stock as there is more demand there. Stores in other counties will be getting stock, but they will be receiving less. 3) No stock will be going online because it will crash their site, so all stock will be in stores 4) Curry's stores get deliveries every day. But, which ones have PS5s in them, they don't know. 5) All stores in Ireland have no stock as of today. 6) Staff in Currys are allowed to hold onto stock, 2 per employee

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

100% this. Anyone else feel that if it weren't for Funko, GameStop would've been dead long ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

100% this. Anyone else feel that if it weren't for Funko, GameStop would've been dead long ago?

had to google Funko, showing my age now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Jesus, who did you pre-order with?

GameStop bud 8th September

• Advertisement

heard nothing and i ordered in September too, holding on to my deposit though!! fingers crossed its end of the month or sooner

Ordered mine in September and I emailed them they said they had no updates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If there's only one good thing that comes out of all of this, it's that people finally learn not to use Gamestop for anything ever again and let them die the death they should have long ago.

Currys in navan have four left. I just got one

pick one up for me will ya lol :D:D

dar83 wrote: »
    If there's only one good thing that comes out of all of this, it's that people finally learn not to use Gamestop for anything ever again and let them die the death they should have long ago.

It’s the only place I could get a pre order to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Arg too far for me but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16 harmarsuperlar

All gone in navan, was just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

Anyone heard if Cork got stock since this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Media remote is a tenner off on Amazon. £25. In stock too. Smyth's have it listed for €29.99 but it has been out of stock for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Elvis1988

Will they have some in navan tomorrow do ye think

Advertisement