Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

None in Currys in cork anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

vinny33 wrote: »
    So I got a phone call from the manager in Carlow telling me he has a ps5 for me, he took my number yesterday and said if someone doesn't pick up he'd ring. Didn't think much of it cause let's be honest, who wouldn't pick up the ps5.

So I'm outside waiting for the store to open, I'm not getting my hopes up until its in my hands.

That's a good news story, delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

None in Waterford (Curry's - again).

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Keep checking daily lads. According to the Currys manager on Cosie's Twitch last night he said they're due stock this weekend or next week. In store only. Most units will go to Dublin and no Currys shop will know in advance of their delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

AMAZON took the disk version down :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

AMAZON took the disk version down :-(

Could be a good thing.

guys, seen a guy selling ps5 for facevalue over fb marketplace and sent me this receipt. looks abit suspicious to me what do yas think?

also, seems to be a new profile with not much info on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Currys in Sligo had them Monday, the brothers housemate got one.

All bar two went to staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

guys, seen a guy selling ps5 for facevalue over fb marketplace and sent me this receipt. looks abit suspicious to me what do yas think?

Why would you even take the risk?

Why would you even take the risk?

oh im not, just whole thing seems strange, wanted bank transfer and he would post it up. no chance,

• Advertisement

oh im not, just whole thing seems strange, wanted bank transfer and he would post it up. no chance,

Is this lad based in Kinsale by any chance?

Is this lad based in Kinsale by any chance?

yep lol, have you looked him up or dealt with him already??

yep lol

Yeah, talking to him there now myself. I dunno man...

Yeah, talking to him there now myself. I dunno man...

are you down that way? i offered to drive down or meet halfway but he was reluctant.

What does the 2 @ €215 for the console mean? I don't understand where the figures on the receipt are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

christy c wrote: »
    Could you let us know how you get on please?

Nothing at all, said try next month to me

Basil3 wrote: »
    What does the 2 @ €215 for the console mean? I don't understand where the figures on the receipt are coming from.

he told me its two pieces, console and controller, but its the disc version so dunno how he got it for 430, unless bought in UK.

are you down that way? i offered to drive down or meet halfway but he was reluctant.

Yeah, I'll try corner him that way.

"That would be ideal mate I just can’t meet new people for a few weeks I’ve small health issues witch I won’t get into now" Seems suss to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

he told me its two pieces, console and controller, but its the disc version so dunno how he got it for 430, unless bought in UK.

Price of the headset and controller are much lower though.

Maybe bought in another country where the PS5 is that price (different currency maybe?).

• Advertisement

"That would be ideal mate I just can’t meet new people for a few weeks I’ve small health issues witch I won’t get into now" Seems suss to me.

yea if he took paypal id chance it but not with straight transfer. ah well the search goes on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This sounds like absolute nonsense from the seller. Wouldn’t go near this deal with a barge pole.

I was talking to the same guy and he says its gone now, so hope it works out for whichever one of you took the risk

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Price of the headset and controller are much lower though.

Maybe bought in another country where the PS5 is that price (different currency maybe?).

I tried to snooker him with PayPal (so there's insurance), and he said he could use his son's PayPal after initially saying he didn't have one. Then when asked to ensure it's a business account (for insurance purposes), he just did a FB thumbs-up.

I reckon it's a fake receipt so I a Google reverse image lookup on it, as a lot of these scammers use the same photos etc., and came up with this.
    https://i.ibb.co/w0vL1Vy/IMG-20200921-WA0048.jpg

Edit: And now he's saying it's still available...lol

oh. so he said he will accept PayPal?

edit, wants it sent as friends and family lol my god, some people are fools. me included.

oh. so he said he will accept PayPal?

edit, wants it sent as friends and family lol my god, some people are fools. me included.

Don't beat yourself up, I work in IT and just took the necessary steps to ensure it was a legitimate sale. Hopefully no one here attempts to "buy" it from him.
    I even had one lad try to get me to send the money by Revolut (no insurance), and then got so desperate, offered to accept half up-front and the other-half on delivery (via mail). Lol!

I tried to snooker him with PayPal (so there's insurance), and he said he could use his son's PayPal after initially saying he didn't have one. Then when asked to ensure it's a business account (for insurance purposes), he just did a FB thumbs-up.

I reckon it's a fake receipt so I a Google reverse image lookup on it, as a lot of these scammers use the same photos etc., and came up with this.
    https://i.ibb.co/w0vL1Vy/IMG-20200921-WA0048.jpg

Edit: And now he's saying it's still available...lol

ah good work! knew it was dodge. just couldn't figure it out,

If something seems too good to be true it usually is! Be careful out there guys.

Don't beat yourself up, I work in IT and just took the necessary steps to ensure it was a legitimate sale. Hopefully no one here attempts to "buy" it from him.
    I even had one lad try to get me to send the money by Revolut (no insurance), and then got so desperate, offered to accept half up-front and the other-half on delivery (via mail). Lol!

well,least i learned about that reverse image you used so will know in future ha!

this daily routine of checking everywhere has my head melted, I'm also pretty sure a guy that was commenting in this thread last few days was selling one for double price on done deal!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Meet up with him and batter the bejaysus outta him.

Advertisement