Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Elvis1988 wrote:
    Will they have some in navan tomorrow do ye think

Read the thread. It's been one stock drop per store so far. Doesn't look like stores who got stock the previous day's will get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Elvis1988 wrote: »
    Will they have some in navan tomorrow do ye think

All Currys sold out in Ireland for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

lemonkey wrote: »
    All Currys sold out in Ireland for now.

Most didn't get any since release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Seen this on a telegram page. It's for argos uk. Supposedly it's from an argos worker adding or testing stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elvis1988

Jsman11 wrote: »
    Seen this on a telegram page. It's for argos uk. Supposedly it's from an argos worker adding or testing stock

It be good if it was ire not the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭jb_connolly

are the stripe payment methods on donedeal safe seen one for sale on it with stripe payment anyone used it before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Is it the same story with the xbox series x no stock anywhere?

I thought back in November id be able to get one by end of January after Xmas is over.

They should be ashamed of themselves,
    imagine all the parents who had to explain why santa didn't bring them the ps5 they wanted for chrstimas after a year of covid and not being able to be a kid all year going to friends houses playing outside etc with restrictions.

They only had 7 years to get it right they've done sweet f.a since only a ps4 Pro hardly a magical peice of technology.

Sorry for the rant I was gonna bring rockstar into it not releasing a gta since ps3 but that would send me over the edge altogether.

These gaming companies are taking liberties, the industry changed so much with the Internet and online gaming it became a huge cash cow and they have gotten lazy since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

imagine all the parents who had to explain why santa didn't bring them the ps5 they wanted for chrstimas after a year of covid and not being able to be a kid all year going to friends houses playing outside etc with restrictions.

Unfortunately, complex global electronics manufacturing and shipping (during an unprecedented global pandemic or otherwise) do not operate by the same rules as an entirely fictional magical man who flies around delivering gifts in a flying sleigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

They only had 7 years to get it right they've done.

Had they released something they designed 7 years ago Im sure no-one would have been impressed. This is all very recent tech...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Elvis1988 wrote: »
    It be good if it was ire not the UK

If you've followed this thread you'd know that stock in the UK branches could be indicators of forthcoming Irish stock...

• Advertisement

I thought back in November id be able to get one by end of January after Xmas is over.

They only had 7 years to get it right they've done sweet f.a since only a ps4 Pro hardly a magical peice of technology.

Sorry for the rant I was gonna bring rockstar into it not releasing a gta since ps3 but that would send me over the edge altogether.

These gaming companies are taking liberties, the industry changed so much with the Internet and online gaming it became a huge cash cow and they have gotten lazy since.

At least the parents could blame Santa, instead of telling their kids the truth - that their parents are useless and didn't put in the required effort to get them the present they wanted :pac:

AFAIK Sony have shipped an unprecedented number of consoles, which is to be commended bearing in mind everything that's happened in the last year.

Developing AAA games is getting more complex and time consuming as time goes on. That's the reality of it. Look at how much must have gone into Cyberpunk, only for it to turn out how it has. You can't blame them for milking games for all they're worth if people are willing to keep paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

Not a mod but going very off topic, can we stick to stock/drop related stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Life is so tough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

hashtonic wrote: »
    Not a mod but going very off topic, can we stick to stock/drop related stuff

Apologies I will leave ye to it and will pop in again in 2057 when gta 6 comes out but untill then stay away from yourself.... and those shark cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

Can't remember reading if curry's liffy valley had any over the last few days. Can anyone remember if there was? Too much to read through on the thread now with some off topic chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vaccinehope21

scoby78 wrote: »
    Can't remember reading if curry's liffy valley had any over the last few days. Can anyone remember if there was? Too much to read through on the thread now with some off topic chat!

There was they were one of the first curry’s to drop . Haven’t heard of any outside Leinster getting them though

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Anyone gonna chance Curry's this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

There was they were one of the first curry’s to drop . Haven’t heard of any outside Leinster getting them though

Limerick and Galway have had stock

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Gonna head to liffey valley now, maybe I'll be able to talk to someone before the store opens and see if they have any.

I’m gonna try Galway, pretty doubtful tbh

• Advertisement

None in liffey valley

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

vinny33 wrote: »
    None in liffey valley

Were you out there? Was thinking of heading out. It's just outside my 5k

scoby78 wrote: »
    Were you out there? Was thinking of heading out. It's just outside my 5k

Yeah saw a guy walking around the shop floor and he opened the door and I asked. No chance and doesn't know when they're getting any.

Yeah saw a guy walking around the shop floor and he opened the door and I asked. No chance and doesn't know when they're getting any.

From my experience with the Series X, you just queue up and ask at the counter. Don't ask any of the staff on the floor, just get to the checkout.

Basil3 wrote: »
    From my experience with the Series X, you just queue up and ask at the counter. Don't ask any of the staff on the floor, just get to the checkout.

Kinda hard with curry’s unfortunately, well in Galway anyway the way their doing it there’s someone greeting you at the door asking what you’re looking for and they have to stay with you

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

@albo231 just said the following. Not sure how he knows or if he is credible.

Smyths & HN - Stock arriving next week. Between Mon-Wed it will arrive and go up online.

Make of it what you will.

So I got a phone call from the manager in Carlow telling me he has a ps5 for me, he took my number yesterday and said if someone doesn't pick up he'd ring. Didn't think much of it cause let's be honest, who wouldn't pick up the ps5.

So I'm outside waiting for the store to open, I'm not getting my hopes up until its in my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

lemonkey wrote: »
    @albo231 just said the following. Not sure how he knows or if he is credible.

Smyths & HN - Stock arriving next week. Between Mon-Wed it will arrive and go up online.

Make of it what you will.

Emailed Harvey Norman about this, this is what they said
    Thank you so much for getting in contact with Harvey Norman.

I can advise that at present we are unaware as to when we will receive in a new batch of stock. We hope to receive additional units in the coming weeks, but this is to be confirmed directly by Sony.

Unfortunately, there will be no pre-order or reservation list, it will be operated on a first come first serve basis. I would advise you to keep an eye on our social media channels, where updates will be posted.

If you have any additional queries, please feel free to get in contact again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

hashtonic wrote: »
    I’m gonna try Galway, pretty doubtful tbh

Could you let us know how you get on please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

So I got a phone call from the manager in Carlow telling me he has a ps5 for me, he took my number yesterday and said if someone doesn't pick up he'd ring. Didn't think much of it cause let's be honest, who wouldn't pick up the ps5.

So I'm outside waiting for the store to open, I'm not getting my hopes up until its in my hands.

Hope you can finally get it vinny33, all those trips have to me worth, fingers cross

Advertisement