Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options
  • 28-11-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭

“Everybody!”
    “We’re all going on a Skiing holiday

Snowboarding, Skiing and the Apres-ski

We’re all going on a Skiing holiday

Vodka Jelly shots and Ice-cream too!”

Ah, Boardsitania! There really was nowhere quite like it. In fact, there were very few people who even knew it existed. But all it took was one person to enter a CafeBook competition for an all expenses paid skiing trip to the remote island for a lucky bunch of Irish people and all of a sudden it was being shared by thousands. A handful of people selected at random by the Forum Games Travel Agency and away they went. But to where…..

Most went on to Kiwipedia as their first port of call, but none could find a page even so much as mentioning Boardsitania. A few checked out the airlines to see if any airline flew into it and none could find any answer, a couple of hardcore internet detectives even went on to Moogle Dearth and could find nothing and yet, curiously, they remained undeterred to enjoy their prizes to their fullest extent.

A few days later, everyone got letters in the post (Like who still uses post these days!).

Voardsitania.jpg

A brochure showing an artist's impression of Boardsitania, an itinerary detailing everything they would need right up the clothing they should pack and full details of the travel plans they would all undertake. Amazingly, everyone who entered the competition was free on the dates given for their time of travel. It was going to be an incredible 2 weeks!

Rikand, Necro and Kolido were 3 friends who knew each other well. Somehow they had all won tickets on the competition and arrived at Dublin Airport on a cold Saturday November evening. Their flight wasn’t until 7 am the next morning, but the lads being the lads were hitting the airport bar, determined to blow at least half their budget on pints before they even stepped foot on the plane.

“€7.45 a pint?”, exclaimed Necro. “Half my budget is going to be gone before 9 o’clock….. and I’ll be bladdered!”

9 o’clock came and went and the lads were surprisingly fresh. They drank and they drank and they sang and they sang.

“Oh you can fly far and wide

You can drink side by side

But you’ll never find a gaff so sweet

As the one that’s down on Harcourt street

Don’t you drink their fancy ales,

Don’t you eat their salted snacks,

It’s the place where the shift is always waiting for you.

The palace named Copper Face Jacks!”

They gathered up a posse and before you know it, their group of 3 was a group of 20 and growing. Midnight came and went and the booze never stopped flowing. Strangers became friends for life that night. It was one of those nights that everyone would remember forever and when sleep finally arrived, everyone slept well.

That was until 2 hours later when Airport staff started to give people their 5 am wake-up calls. Kolido woke up rubbing his eyes and holding his head. He almost started to groan before he realized….. he wasn’t hungover. How was he not hungover? In fact, not one hangover was reported by anyone who lay in departures. The posse they formed the night before now numbered more than 30 and every single one of them fell in the same departures area. A TV flashed to life in the corner above a checking desk.

‘Boardsitania’

Everyone smiled, laughed, cried.

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST!!!!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Curiousity had not abandoned the passengers of flight FG101 to Boardsville, Boardsitania. Their chartered plane was small. There was enough room for roughly 50 people, though only a little over 30 altogether took off that day. Everyone got a window seat and as the plane took off and made its directional turns, everyone tried to guess what towns were passing beneath them.

“That’s definitely Mullingar”, I exclaimed.

“Are you kidding me?”, said someone behind me? “That’s the M7 below us and we’re flying 15 minutes now so we must be close to Limerick at least.”

Everyone had an opinion, but the one thing that was certain it wasn’t long before we were over open water and speeding our way to our destination.

“How long is our flight to Boardsitania?” I heard someone behind me ask the stewardess.

“Just over 2 hours”, she replied.

I couldn’t contain it any longer. “How come I can’t find any information about Boardsitania anywhere on the internet?”

She laughed. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing sinister. Everything will be explained when we arrive. Just sit back and enjoy the flight.”

About 90 minutes later a thick haze appeared around the plane and the pilot announced that they would shortly be beginning their descent. When the plane came out of the haze, a beautiful land appeared below us; Lush forests, rolling hills and steep snowcapped mountains in the distance. A beautiful city appeared on the left side of the plane and everyone buckled in for their final descent.

Boardsville was an incredible city. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie. A futuristic metropolis with the most incredibly designed buildings. A fountain gushing beautiful clear water was built on every corner and there was green, green everywhere!

A bus pulled up beside us and a big broad smiling man greeted us on the curb. He introduced himself as Billy and said he would be bringing us to the ski resort.

“I hope everyone followed the itinerary to the letter”, he said with a big smile.

He was right. Although this was advertised as a ski holiday, I had my shorts and t-shirt on as asked. It was warm down by the sea and even warmer on the bus.

“Don’t worry, the air-con will kick in once we get on the road, but we’re going to take in some sights while we’re on our way.”

Once we got out of Boardsville, there only seemed to be one road and one road only. Billy started to talk.

“It takes 8 hours to get to the ski resort with no stops, but its only 60 miles to there from here as the crow flies. Our terrain on the island is quite rugged as you probably saw on the flight in here and we built just one road which twists its way right around the whole island. We’ll do a complete circumference of the island by bus, where you’ll get to see our beautiful coastlines, our quaint fishing villages and acres and acres of lush green forests and farmland. We’ll stop by one of those forests for our lunch and then have dinner in a local village, just 2 hours drive from the small train which will bring you to the ski resort. After dinner we head through some quite treacherous terrain which is susceptible to some quite thick fog, but don’t worry, the fog doesn’t last for long and once through we’ll reach the train station which will take you the rest of the way to the resort.”

“The Ski resort is incredible though. One day we’d like to think it’ll be thought of as a Las Vegas of the snow. There’s no telling what kind of debauchery you’ll get up to up there!”

"Anyone know a few songs, nothing passes a journey like a melody."

“We’re all going on a Skiing holiday……"

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST!!!!

We took our lunch in a beautiful rest area where a local café served the most delicious sandwiches and coffees. A couple of people expressed an interest in exploring the local woodlands and asked Billy as to the possibility.

“ I have to keep to my schedule”, he said. “But there is nothing to stop anyone who wants to stay here for a day and catch the next bus that comes up to the resort. A different bus travels up and down this road every day. If you want to stay here for a while, you can catch the next bus tomorrow.”
    And with that he pointed to a timetable on a post near where our own bus was parked.

A few people opted to stay and the rest of us continued on our way.

The next local village was built at the mouth of an estuary of a river that emptied out into the ocean and we dined on the most delicious seafood. Necro, Kolido and I saw a nearby bar and an incredible thirst overcame us. The beers were wonderful and we each looked at each other as if to say, we can ski tomorrow.

I went over to Billy to inform him of our decision and he was quiet. He seemed almost a little worried and was staring into the distance to the road ahead. In the dusky evening light I could see a deep fog starting to settle on the road and when I asked him about it, he smiled and cheered right up.
    “Nothing to worry about!'', he said and placing a firm hand on my shoulder wished us a pleasant evening.

The rest of our party boarded the bus and we wished them a fond farewell and to see them tomorrow. The bus pulled out of the village and headed into the thickening fog. It wasn’t long before it had disappeared from view and we went right back to the tavern.

As the bus rode into the fog, Billy started to slow his pace. “Electricity is not good on this stretch of the road, so we don’t have any street lights for a short while. The terrain is too rocky, so I’m going to slow right down as we drive for the next few miles“. There was an eerie kind of feel to the fog and some of the passengers almost thought they could see shadows and shapes in the fog staring out at them. A small bead of sweat glistened on Billy’s furrowed brow and the knuckles of his hands were white from how tightly he was gripping the steering wheel.

“Just a couple more miles and we’ll be through” he mumbled under his breath.

A dim light appeared in the distance on the left hand side and a sign saying the name of a town, could barely be seen in the fog as they passed by. Just then, there was a loud bang and Billy started to lose control of the bus a little. He slowly applied the brakes and pulled the bus into the side of the road. He got out of the bus to investigate and saw that the front left tyre had blown. There was no way to change it there and then and so Billy was going to have to go get help.

“Cell Phone reception on this stretch of road is pretty much impossible.” he said. “But don’t worry, I’m pretty sure I saw us pass by a town just a moment ago. I’ll head back there and see if I can get onto a landline phone for some assistance. “

Billy opened up the glove compartment and took out a pocket torch. “Nobody leave the bus. That town is no more than 500 metres behind and I will be there very soon. I’ll be back here in no less than 30 minutes with help.”

He trudged off into the fog and was gone in the blink of an eye.

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST!

An hour passed and people on the bus became very uneasy. It was already night time and people were getting cold and afraid. Billy had left the luggage door open for them to get to any of their belongings they needed and everyone went for their warmer clothes. They huddled together on the bus and waited for Billy; or day to come. Neither came anytime soon.

The sky illuminated dimly, to signify that morning had arrived. But the fog was still as thick as the night before. Everyone on the bus was very worried. Worried for themselves and worried for their driver.

“What if he got knocked down by another vehicle as he went to get help,” one woman said.

“I don’t remember any other vehicles passing us by.'' said another.

Everyone was very hungry now and desperation had set in. They decided that the best course of action was to do as Billy had done, leave the bus and try to find the town that he had set out for. Some on the bus also recalled seeing the sign on their left hand side and the dim light above it. Everyone's cellphones batteries had died during the night, but thankfully in this modern age, a few still had wrist watches and could see the current time. It was approaching Midday.

They all got out of the bus and walked back down the road in pairs. It wasn’t long before they saw the back of that sign and a turn to their right. When they reached the turn, they looked up.

sh_the_movie_art_01-1-1000x750.jpg
    “WELCOME TO SILENT HILL”

A little further up the road was another sign written in cursive writing, ‘Come see our incredible Marina!’

Signs of life at last!

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NO POST

General Game Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Rikand, Necro or Kolido and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted.

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins as soon as the mods say IT IS DAY, with lynch thread opened immediately thereafter. Note that voting is live and will be conducted in the separate Silent Hill WW lynching thread. Lynches take place at 9pm, Munches will take place somewhere between 9 and 10AM (depending on work for the game mods). All Night Actions are due by 8am every morning. The first lynch is Monday at 9pm

To vote, please state clearly on the designated thread with the format '##Vote XXXX' - where XXXX is your chosen party to vote for in that lynch. The format is very important as I am trialing a vote counter application and the format needs to be written like that to count. Vote counts will also be posted periodically on the game thread, from the lynching thread. You may vote as many times as you like but only your last vote will count.

There will always be the option for players to vote for 'No Lynch'.
    Game mods also wish to inform players that there is a 5 post minimum requirement per cycle, which will begin from Monday morning at 10am.

There will be no missed votes in this game. Failure to enter a valid vote by the deadline will result in a penalty vote against yourself in that lynch. Failure to meet the posting requirements in a cycle will also result in the same punishment, a penalty vote against yourself in the next lynch. This will increase incrementally as follows:
    1 missed vote OR missed posting requirements = 1 self vote
    2 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 2 self votes
    3 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 4 self votes
    4 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 8 self votes
    etc.

4. Lynch rules: The votes WILL be published in this game, the data is also available in the lynch thread for players to analyse and interpret freely.

In the event of a tied vote: the lynch will be resolved by the game mod

5. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until kills are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the dead room where you can discuss the game.

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

7. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in Silent Hill, a fictional town, on a fictional island, surrounded by a fictional body of water. Immerse yourself in the world of Silent Hill and try to forget about everything going on in the outside world. To this end, most people have received a Vanillaized PM without a character name or character image. I dont want people to be able to clear themselves by mentioning their character name. I want people to be able to clear themselves by playing werewolf :) Do not mention your character name even if you have been given one.

Win Conditions:

Keep playing until you are told otherwise - The game is secretive by intention. You will have to solve everything as you go along :D

Anon Account List:

Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Doris WW
    Emily WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Isla WW
    Liam WW
    Lucy WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Riona WW
    Tegan WW

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST!

And one more thing, if you have any general questions about the theme or the gameworld or the characters therein that you may or may not have been prescribed, consult the wikipedia here :: https://silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_Wiki

It should have everything you need to know :)

IT IS DAY!

You may now post

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Hello, first

We can vote no lynch. This may be good for the first lynch to help us figure out who to target first, rather than just guessing.

To be fair we could vote no lynch every time and just live in boardsitania forever

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Hello everyone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Lo folks

Patrick WW wrote: »
    We can vote no lynch. This may be good for the first lynch to help us figure out who to target first, rather than just guessing.

To be fair we could vote no lynch every time and just live in boardsitania forever

careful Pat, some people will try to lynch you for No Lynching. Not saying you may not be correct but your jumping straight into a potential danger zone... Danger Zone

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Lo folks

careful Pat, some people will try to lynch you for No Lynching. Not saying you may not be correct but your jumping straight into a potential danger zone... Danger Zone

Was just an idea, not a command. Everything should be open for discussion

• Advertisement

I read in the rules there will be puzzles/tasks to solve that will help us, or I think I did. I can’t find it now, did it exist or am I going crazy?

I read in the rules there will be puzzles/tasks to solve that will help us, or I think I did. I can’t find it now, did it exist or am I going crazy?

I don't see it mentioned but tbh my focus is on football right now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Hello all

I think Rikand mentioned it somewhere

Just checked it was on the first post of the sign up thread

F79Taqq.gif

will post more tomorrow

So I guess until we get a puzzle and can identify people’s skills we have no method of seeing who is useful or a wolf yet. U less I’m missing something?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

ConMan checking in. Voting for Patrick. ‘No lynchers’ do my head in.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298588f1545d041c64fc91e3b36ae0354fb9212dab&rid=giphy.gif

Conor WW wrote: »
    ConMan checking in. Voting for Patrick. ‘No lynchers’ do my head in.

ha, knew it!

tenor.gif?itemid=5965692

ok now I'm out :P

• Advertisement

Day 1: Automated Votes from #0 to #2

Patrick WW (1): Conor WW
    Not voting (20): Angus WW, Brendan WW, Clodagh WW, Derry WW, Doris WW, Emily WW, Gabriel WW, Gertrude WW, Henry WW, Isla WW, Liam WW, Lucy WW, Nigel WW, Oisin WW, Orla WW, Patrick WW, Phil WW, Riona WW, Tegan WW, Winifred WW

Phase ends in 25h47m.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Wow I like that feature.

Rikand wrote: »
    Day 1: Automated Votes from #0 to #2

Patrick WW (1): Conor WW
    Not voting (20): Angus WW, Brendan WW, Clodagh WW, Derry WW, Doris WW, Emily WW, Gabriel WW, Gertrude WW, Henry WW, Isla WW, Liam WW, Lucy WW, Nigel WW, Oisin WW, Orla WW, Patrick WW, Phil WW, Riona WW, Tegan WW, Winifred WW

Phase ends in 25h47m.

Looking like lights out for paddy. Good game bud. Hard luck.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    ha, knew it!

tenor.gif?itemid=5965692

ok now I'm out :P

Yup, oh well.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Looking like lights out for paddy. Good game bud. Hard luck.

No worries. See you next game.

No worries. See you next game.

#lessonslearned

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Evening all. Had a bit of a fender bender this afternoon and feeling sorry for myself. Cars fine, my backs not great though. If only I had had seer powers so I could see it coming :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Silent Hill,
    Holy Hill,
    All is calm,
    Eerily so...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Evening everyone! That's some OP/OPs with a severe lack of actual detail. I see Conor has taken a dislike to Patrick anyway :D I hate a no lynch myself!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Evening all. Had a bit of a fender bender this afternoon and feeling sorry for myself. Cars fine, my backs not great though. If only I had had seer powers so I could see it coming :D

Hope your ok Gabs, hopefully not your fault either, thank **** for insurance anyway!

Advertisement