Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

19 years on a provisional licence.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

She said she is particularly worried as she illegally drives her car unaccompanied without a full licence and is worried other motorists will use this against her if she’s in another crash.

“It’s a big issue. Too many people are doing that. Now for me if I want to drive I have to be careful. I don’t know.

It's amazing how the concept of preparing properly for the driving test and getting a driving licence doesn't register with her as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

alias no.9 wrote: »
    It's amazing how the concept of preparing properly for the driving test and getting a driving licence doesn't register with her as an option.

She might not have crashed if she knew how to drive. No mention of lessons? Probably can't afford that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

She's 35 oh my dear she looks 60....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

irishgeo wrote: »
    This is what's wrong with Ireland driving laws.

This woman is 19years on a provisional license.

It's also what's wrong with insurance and claims. No win no fee lawyers.

'If you're injured, then I'm injured' - Woman filmed jogging despite €60,000 claim for crash injuries

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/if-youre-injured-then-im-injured-woman-filmed-jogging-despite-60000-claim-for-crash-injuries-38656762.html

I read half of this earlier and had to stop, i got so angry. You should get 2 provisional max, 19 bleeding yearsis a discrace. Why are the insurance companies even covering her?

I read half of this earlier and had to stop, i got so angry. You should get 2 provisional max, 19 bleeding yearsis a discrace. Why are the insurance companies even covering her?

Money her premium must be huge. Am I correct in assuming that the insurance company wins either way. She is insured great hefty premium.if she is uninsured, the big insurance pool we pay for covers her.

I'm going to email our minister for road safety on this. She is flouting the law and talking about it in the national papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I hope Gardai target her for driving unaccompanied and prosecute her. It might teach her a valuable lesson and also to keep her mouth shut in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

She has been outed as a fraudster then goes on to say she regularly breaks the law. Not really mensa material now is she?

I hope Gardai target her for driving unaccompanied and prosecute her. It might teach her a valuable lesson and also to keep her mouth shut in future.

Can't they take the car these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Can't they take the car these days.

if your caught the car will be towed, but of course if your caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Occupational hazard for these people.

In modern day Ireland owning a car and driving are seen as a right/entitlement rather than a privilege. Doesn't matter if you comply with the law or not.

• Advertisement

Money her premium must be huge. Am I correct in assuming that the insurance company wins either way. She is insured great hefty premium.if she is uninsured, the big insurance pool we pay for covers her.

I'm going to email our minister for road safety on this. She is flouting the law and talking about it in the national papers.

Funny thing is her insurance is probably one of the cheapest.... Not now or won't be if she received points.

The wife was driving for over 6 years on a provisional at the time and she rarely paid more then €350.

It's because of people like her us why everyone should prioritize getting a dash cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Notmything

The mere fact that both she and the article refer to her having a provisional licence rather than a learner permit says a lot.

Notmything wrote: »
    The mere fact that both she and the article refer to her having a provisional licence rather than a learner permit says a lot.

She would have originally been on one as she is that long on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Notmything wrote: »
    ....and several posters to this thread! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The sheer audacity of her - read half the article, the split lines and her attitude did my head in
    Should be charged with insurance fraud...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I suspect the lift may not be going to the top floor there.

She's not alone though. When I sat my test there was a woman on her 11th provisional who told me she takes the test every two years (with no preparation whatsoever) just to keep it valid. No mention of accompanying drivers or anything. No L plates too I noticed. She is probably still out there, still tootling along, still failing.

spurious wrote: »
    I suspect the lift may not be going to the top floor there.

She's not alone though. When I sat my test there was a woman on her 11th provisional who told me she takes the test every two years (with no preparation whatsoever) just to keep it valid. No mention of accompanying drivers or anything. No L plates too I noticed. She is probably still out there, still tootling along, still failing.

No other country in the world would allow this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I was on the internet and found this....

Took about 4 minutes but there it was..... Guess what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

No other country in the world would allow this.

We don't.

Approx. 1600 cars (200 per month) were seized in the eight months between December and August last for being driven by an unaccompanied driver.

While insurance companies may have pay a third party in the event if an accident, they are increasingly pursuing drivers to recover any costs as they are in breach of their policy conditions and therefore driving uninsured.

The driver can also be prosecuted for driving without insurance.

The car owner can be fined up to €1000 for allowing an unaccompanied learner drive their car or if it was driven without their permission the learner driver can also be prosecuted for taking the vehicle without permission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

inforfun wrote: »

I was on the internet and found this....

Took about 4 minutes but there it was..... Guess what.

She had a yield sign and drove out into junction with driver approaching from the right being on the major road with no restriction signs. She's clearly in the right and the other driver was in the wrong....... Somehow that's what she thinks! Jesus, she needs to be taken off the road ASAP.

We don't.

Approx. 1600 cars (200 per month) were seized in the eight months between December and August last for being driven by an unaccompanied driver.

While insurance companies may have pay a third party in the event if an accident, they are increasingly pursuing drivers to recover any costs as they are in breach of their policy conditions and therefore driving uninsured.

The driver can also be prosecuted for driving without insurance.

The car owner can be fined up to €1000 for allowing an unaccompanied learner drive their car or if it was driven without their permission the learner driver can also be prosecuted for taking the vehicle without permission.

We only started that recently. Nothing to stop them buying another car and starting driving again the next day.

You shouldn't be able to keep getting it renewed. It should stop after about a 5 failed tests and your issued with a driving instructor only learner permit. Anyone caught driving while not in a driving instructor car should be banned and fined heavily etc.

Because if you fail 5 times you need extra help and learning from father etc isn't going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

why hasnt she been prosecuted for a fraudulent claim?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Story is behind a paywall, anyone have a link to it that isnt behind a pay wall?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not a paywal. Just register and the article will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is this the same lady ? "Esther Hope and Faith Ireland Charity"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

inforfun wrote: »
    Not a paywal. Just register and the article will be there.

Cheers :)
    Is this the same lady ? "Esther Hope and Faith Ireland Charity"

From googling, it appears so

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭seanino

She has a neck like a jockeys b**lox and playing the race card in the video also. Hilarious except its not a joke. Hard to know where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

seanino wrote: »
    She has a neck like a jockeys b**lox and playing the race card in the video also. Hilarious except its not a joke. Hard to know where to start!

Ironically, she's being the racist one in all this. Race has not been mentioned anywhere about this case so she's basically saying the white's are out to get her! Now that's racist!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

the most shocking part of that article is that she was filmed jogging... doesn't look like somebody that jogs much

Advertisement