Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

19 years on a provisional licence.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

She is a racist and she openly has a huge chip on her shoulder with us Irish in our home country.

Like a fairly huge chunk of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

humberklog wrote: »
    Is that you doing the interview Inforfun? Twang of Roffa in the accent...:).

Noooo... I wouldnt have the "explanation" how it was all not her fault go unchallenged

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

so she's 35 and been on a provisional for 19 years...since she was 16? she has some accent for someone who came here as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

no, youre correct. All of our civil service are too terrified of the race card.

Like lets call a spade a spade here, anyone driving round dublin regularly sees absolutely insane illegal manoeuvres with a middle aged black woman alone at the wheel and L plates up and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Ive called in atleast 6-7 incidents to gardai and have seen the cars roaming round dangerously again, same deal.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

yeah mom can hang out at the back of the lecture hall and might learn something, good joke.

Yeah I can drive into town and park and go into a club and drink 6 Jaegar bombs and then drive home too.
    Because it’s ridiculous to expect mom to hang around the door of the club waiting for me, good joke....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

:eek:

???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,966 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cjmc wrote: »
    If she's driving unaccompanied illegally, on a provisional licence, does that not invalidate her insurance ?
    Not for third party cover anyway (not sure about comprehensive). While cycling, I was hospitalised after being struck by an unaccompanied 17 year old on a learner permit who fled the scene* leaving me on the road. Her insurance company covered the case.

* she subsequently came forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I have emailed Shane Ross , Liz o Donnell and Conor faughan. Let's see what I get back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

blueshade wrote: »
    Well, she's accused everyone else of being racist so if her insurers refuse to renew her policy she can add them to the list. It's frightening that a person who can't pass a driving test has been driving here for almost 20 years and intends to keep on doing so. It's supposed to be illegal for unaccompanied learner to drive alone let the Gardai and Courts don't seem interested that she's breaking the law.

Didn't read the article, has she ever sat a driving test? You don't need to actually sit one to renew, you just have to produce proof you've got one booked.

No, breaking the speed limit or driving on tyres without the proper thread depth are also illegal but they don't invalidate the insurance. It's not enough to invalidate everything, which would mean huge trouble and jail time.

Remember that people can be on a provisional for years and it's a lot to expect them to have someone tagging along the whole time. Plenty of students for example drive unaccompanied. However they should be wary of any comprehensive insurance they get or anything like that.

No it's not.

“I can’t pay. Where would I get money?”

Can anyone help a girl out? surely someone knows a Nigerian Prince with a load of money who can give her a dig out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Didn't read the article, has she ever sat a driving test?

Yep, says she’s sat and failed multiple tests

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yep, says she’s sat and failed multiple tests

Do you believe that though....

If true in a way it's worse as it proves she isn't a competent driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

blueshade wrote: »
    Well, she's accused everyone else of being racist so if her insurers refuse to renew her policy she can add them to the list. It's frightening that a person who can't pass a driving test has been driving here for almost 20 years and intends to keep on doing so. It's supposed to be illegal for unaccompanied learner to drive alone let the Gardai and Courts don't seem interested that she's breaking the law.

One could say its black privilege,thye don't understand the culture .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

biko wrote: »

I see the IT looked after their friends in the legal industry in that article...they neither names yer wan's Solicitors or Barrister in that piece. But did name both on the Insurers side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

She'll be back on the road this morning no doubts with blatant disregard for the rules of the road. I see the costs were ruled against her, what kind of figure would we be talking?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

irishgeo wrote: »
    I have emailed Shane Ross , Liz o Donnell and Conor faughan. Let's see what I get back.

Maybe Gary Gannon (D. C. Councillor, Soc. Dem) too?
    Although he might end up recruiting her and running her in a ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

No, breaking the speed limit or driving on tyres without the proper thread depth are also illegal but they don't invalidate the insurance. It's not enough to invalidate everything, which would mean huge trouble and jail time.

Remember that people can be on a provisional for years and it's a lot to expect them to have someone tagging along the whole time. Plenty of students for example drive unaccompanied. However they should be wary of any comprehensive insurance they get or anything like that.

There's a thread about someone having their insurance refuse to pay out a claim because of tyres below the legal thread depth limit. She had to pay the claim herself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

humberklog wrote: »
    Maybe Gary Gannon (D. C. Councillor, Soc. Dem) too?
    Although he might end up recruiting her and running her in a ward.

It is genuinely worrying that this woman sincerely doesn't seem to realise that she has done anything wrong in making a fraudulent claim and that she doesn't seem to accept that she shouldn't be driving. What exactly does this woman have to do before the Gardai arrest and prosecute her, Kill someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

seagull wrote: »
    There's a thread about someone having their insurance refuse to pay out a claim because of tyres below the legal thread depth limit. She had to pay the claim herself.

I don't believe you. Show me anything like that.

Again we're talking about third party insurance, not on your own car.

If that were the case a large fraction of people would be going around with just as good as no insurance, plenty of people even have bald tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

spurious wrote: »
    I suspect the lift may not be going to the top floor there.

She's not alone though. When I sat my test there was a woman on her 11th provisional who told me she takes the test every two years (with no preparation whatsoever) just to keep it valid. No mention of accompanying drivers or anything. No L plates too I noticed. She is probably still out there, still tootling along, still failing.

I can almost guarantee you that the lift does go to the top floor there,and it stops at every floor on the way making collections.

• Advertisement

Unless it was a comprehensive claim that's bull.
    Even if your completely pissed your ins co will pay out a 3rd party claim,then they could take you to court to recoup their payout.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    She'll be back on the road this morning no doubts with blatant disregard for the rules of the road. I see the costs were ruled against her, what kind of figure would we be talking?

Doesn't matter. She wont pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

ElChe32 wrote: »

Her "New Irish" status means she will most likely get away with it, the same rules don't apply, that would be racist. We have allowed some load of villains and wasters into this country, as if we didn't have enough of our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I don't believe you. Show me anything like that.

Again we're talking about third party insurance, not on your own car.

If that were the case a large fraction of people would be going around with just as good as no insurance, plenty of people even have bald tyres.

I could have phrased that better. I was meaning that the insurance paid out, and then came after the car owner to recover the costs. They refused to indemnify her.
    It's a thread over on askaboutmoney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I could have phrased that better. I was meaning that the insurance paid out, and then came after the car owner to recover the costs. They refused to indemnify her.
    It's a thread over on askaboutmoney

That would be correct. There is an awful lot of misinformation out there where people think that because a 3rd party gets paid by their insurers, they are in the clear financially, even if policy conditions are broken

Do you believe that though....

If true in a way it's worse as it proves she isn't a competent driver.

I would believe it... In the video posted earlier she’s at the scene of where the accident happened and she’s going on about how the bus came from the right and cut her off, when there’s clearly a yield road marking which she should obey. This video was posted in the last few days, i.e after all the dealings with solicitors, insurance companies, the court case... and she STILL doesn’t get that she was in the wrong (never mind the part about making a fraudulent insurance claim!). No wonder she can’t pass a driving test. It’s a wonder she ever passed the theory test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

I would believe it... In the video posted earlier she’s at the scene of where the accident happened and she’s going on about how the bus came from the right and cut her off, when there’s clearly a yield road marking which she should obey. This video was posted in the last few days, i.e after all the dealings with solicitors, insurance claims, the court case... and she STILL doesn’t get that she was in the wrong (never mind the part about making a fraudulent insurance claim!). No wonder she can’t pass a driving test. It’s a wonder she ever passed the theory test

Do you need to resit your theory test each time you reapply for a provisional?

Do you need to resit your theory test each time you reapply for a provisional?

Nope, once you have it, and keep renewing your learner permit, there’s no need to sit it again. The only time you’ll need to do it again is if you let your learner permit lapse by more than 5 years without renewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Nope, once you have it, and keep renewing your learner permit, there’s no need to sit it again. The only time you’ll need to do it again is if you let your learner permit lapse by more than 5 years without renewing

Great little country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

There are thousands upon thousands of people driving on our roads every day who have never passed a driving test. It’s scary.
    Why are the insurance companies covering them?
    They have a responsibility to ensure that motorists produce full licenses when applying for insurance.

I know that for a long time now, I have had to produce my licence at each renewal, and they make a copy which goes in my file. Not enough to say " Sure you already have it on file from last year...." It's checked yearly.

Advertisement