Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-06-2019, 09:06   #1
direstraits

Family forced to squat in house....

So, another day another article in the independent about a "desperate homeless family" reduced to illegally occupying a house, this time in county Meath.

"Pregnant Melissa Wilde (21), her partner Patrick Bernard Hand (26), and their children 20-month-old Cyra and three-month-old Levi are squatting in the vacant council property in the Windtown estate in Navan, Co Meath.

The couple have been there for several days, saying they were unable to find anywhere to live. But they have been ordered to attend the circuit court within 21 days if they don't surrender the property. Meath County Council is seeking to repossess the house."

21 years old, two children and another on the way, wants to live close to mammy. Sure god love her.

I'm sure daddy must be out working very very hard in order for them to save for their own mortgage....

Another sob story to get bumped up the housing list, why do these "journalists" not ask them about employment, education, savings, both look young, fit and able to work?!

I'm sure they will be housed on the QT in a nice big 4 bed house beside their mammies.

Link to story;

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-38246224.html

Mod Note:

Threadbanned Users:
  • dermo888

Last edited by mike_ie; 25-06-2019 at 01:00.
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 09:17   #3
ArtyC

Meanwhile we're living in extremely run down house we bought 30km from where we wanted. Doing a job a week from our wages... difficult but will be worth it .

Spent five years saving and persuading bank to give us a mortgage.

No kids, no pets, no holidays etc etc

Sometimes I'm sorry we bought in Ireland when I read this ****
(116) thanks from:
2smiggy, A-Train, Aceandstuff, Aglomerado, ahnowbrowncow, Atlantic Dawn, Atoms for Peace, banie01, BattleCorp, blindside88, cal naughton, Call me Al, champchamp, Chinasea, Ciderswigger, coathanger, Cookie_Dough, Cookie_Monster, Cork Lass, Count Mondego, Cyclonius, Damien360, deadlineday, dermo888, direstraits, DoctorEdgeWild, dominatinMC, dotsman, drive3331, DublinHun72, Dufflecoat Fanny, ELM327, Eric Cartman, FAILSAFE 00, Four Phucs Ache, Fr_Dougal, Funkfield, FutureGuy, GarIT, Gatlin Orange Lodge, Goodigal, gordongekko, gwalk, Henry Ford III, holliehobbie, housetypeb, howamidifferent, Immortal Starlight, irishproduce, IrishZeus, JCX BXC, jmreire, JPCN1, Juanito13, Jupiter Mulligan, Juwwi, Keisha07, lainey_d_123, leonffrench, liamo77, liquoriceall, locustfurnace, Lollipops23, longgonesilver, marknjb, mark_jmc, mcgucc22, Mehaffey1, Metroid diorteM, michellie, MICKEYG, musiknonstop, Mustafa Ugly Sidebar, n97 mini, new Author, notharrypotter, Odelay, omega man, opentarget, Pataman, PhilOssophy, pm1977x, PMC999, positron, Reati, reeta, RichTea123, Roger Hassenforder, Samsgirl, seligehgit, Signore Fancy Pants, Simi, sioda, SirChenjin, Skid X, Sorry about that, soups05, Suckler, Suitusir, super_furry, Tabnabs, tayto lover, thebiglad, the_pen_turner, Tipsy McSwagger, touts, Tow, Truckermal, VicMackey1, Vlthap, whiskeyman, witchity2, xalot, yermandan, Yourmama, Zadkiel
24-06-2019, 09:19   #4

Fair play to them.
Thanks from:
24-06-2019, 09:20   #5
Maryanne84

Where were they living until now?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 09:21   #6
retalivity

Cyra and levi.

They should be struck of the list for that travesty alone.
(110) thanks from:
2smiggy, A-Train, ahnowbrowncow, anewme, angel eyes 2012, Atlantic Dawn, Atoms for Peace, a_squirrelman, BattleCorp, beertons, BelovedAunt, Bertie Bassett, bertsmom, Blazer, blindside88, Boards.ie, bodice ripper, BrenMar, BrownFinger, BuboBubo, cal naughton, Call me Al, Ciderswigger, Citroen2cv, clancywigam, Conall Cernach, CosmicSmash, CrabRevolution, Damien360, Danzy, Darkglasses, dartboardio, deadlineday, dermo888, dhaughton99, Diceicle, dominatinMC, endacl, Eric Cartman, FAILSAFE 00, For Forks Sake, frash, Fr_Dougal, Fuaranach, fullstop, GarIT, gerrybbadd, Goodigal, Grayson, gwalk, helimachoptor, holliehobbie, housetypeb, howamidifferent, ifElseThen, Immortal Starlight, InstaSte, IrishZeus, Jarren1, JayZeus, jim o doom, jmreire, JPCN1, jrmb, Juanito13, Jupiter Mulligan, liamo77, liquoriceall, Lollipops23, MarkY91, mark_jmc, mcgucc22, mfceiling, michellie, Midnight_EG, morebarn2, Nekarsulm, NIMAN, Odelay, Omackeral, omega man, padd b1975, pawrick, PMC999, PopePalpatine, Pyr0, R00ster, reeta, Roger Hassenforder, Rubberchikken, Rulmeq, RWCNT, salmocab, Samsgirl, Simi, Squall Leonhart, stratowide, Suckler, Sugar Free, tayto lover, The Tetrarch, TheBody, Thelonious Monk, the_pen_turner, tipptom, topper75, Tornaxx, Truckermal, whisky_galore, Zadkiel
24-06-2019, 09:23   #7
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by direstraits
The couple have been there for several days, saying they were unable to find anywhere to live. But they have been ordered to attend the circuit court within 21 days if they don't surrender the property. Meath County Council is seeking to repossess the house."

Is this the same councils who are advising tenants to overstay in privately rented houses and forcing owners to jump through hoops to regain possession of their own properties?
24-06-2019, 09:24   #8
magic_murph

[QUOTE=direstraits;110513205]So, another day another article in the independent about a "desperate homeless family" reduced to illegally occupying a house, this time in county Meath.

"Pregnant Melissa Wilde (21), her partner Patrick Bernard Hand (26), and their children 20-month-old Cyra and three-month-old Levi are squatting in the vacant council property in the Windtown estate in Navan, Co Meath.

Hmmm
Thanks from:
24-06-2019, 09:25   #9
Wildsurfer

I'm going to follow this story closely so find out what they name the next child...
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 09:26   #10
marieholmfan

Imagine prioritising a house a long way from where you want to live over having children.

Sure it's grand old mammy Erin will pay for the IVF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyC View Post
Meanwhile we're living in extremely run down house we bought 30km from where we wanted. Doing a job a week from our wages... difficult but will be worth it .

24-06-2019, 09:26   #11
direstraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryanne84 View Post
Where were they living until now?
doesn't say, article in the Meath Chronicle also forgot to ask that question...

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/r...council-house/
24-06-2019, 09:28   #13

I admire people like this. They see our political and establishment classes gaming the system and they do likewise. Monkey see, monkey do.
24-06-2019, 09:30   #14
marieholmfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheShadows View Post
I admire people like this. They see our political and establishment classes gaming the system and they do likewise. Monkey see, monkey do.
yeah they are 100% right
24-06-2019, 09:31   #15
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyC View Post

On the flip side would you have it any other way?

I wouldn't live like these pair. That's no defence of them whatsoever I might add. But I wouldn't which is why I worked for my own property in an area we chose in a house we have put our own stamp on and continue to do so.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion