Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-08-2018, 10:53   #1
One More Toy

Illness benefit problems since new form

Hello

I'm wondering has anyone had any issue receiving the above after the introduction of the new form?

I'm missing 3 weeks illness benefit but know the forms have been received due to sending by registered post

On hold now for half an hour to the illness benefit line
Advertisement
15-08-2018, 12:09   #2
NickD

I applied for illness benefit three weeks ago and have heard nothing. I'm not sure if this is normal.
15-08-2018, 16:04   #3
ruger2012

I received 3 payments in the same week haven't been able to get through to illness benefit but it's something to do with them changing the payment dates to match your sick line dates and apparently there's quite a load of people didn't get paid
15-08-2018, 17:14   #4
One More Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger2012 View Post
I received 3 payments in the same week haven't been able to get through to illness benefit but it's something to do with them changing the payment dates to match your sick line dates and apparently there's quite a load of people didn't get paid
Saw that on twitter, took an hour on hold to get through to the phone line today
16-08-2018, 10:04   #5
Turnipman

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Illne...er-Update.aspx

"Wednesday 15 August 4.15pm - Update for Customers regarding some Illness Benefit Payment delay:

We are experiencing further delays in making payments to Illness Benefit customers this week. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and we thank our customers for their patience and understanding.
Those affected by this delay, who may be in need of urgent financial assistance, are welcome to contact their local Community Welfare Service at their local Intreo Centre.
We will continue to assist and inform customers during this period via Social media - Twitter (@Welfare_ie), our website www.welfare.ie and our staff-operated customer phone-lines."
Advertisement
16-08-2018, 15:02   #6
missymunchkin

I haven’t received this weeks payment bb2 hours on hold to them.
16-08-2018, 15:05   #7
missymunchkin

16-08-2018, 16:12   #8
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymunchkin View Post
There are massive problems with Illness Benefit this week. You need to hang up and try to make an appointment tomorrow with the CWO to get an SWA because your probably not going to get sorted out by tomorrow close of business if you don’t.
Thanks from:
17-08-2018, 10:26   #9
banie01

Illness benefit really is screwed up over the last couple of weeks.
I received a full rate payment on the 7/8, then received a payment for 5 days on the 9/8 and a payment for 1 day on the 14/8.
Currently on monthly certs and up to date on those.
To date I have spent 8hrs on the Illness Benefit phone system without speaking to an agent :/
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-08-2018, 10:47   #10
NickD

I spoke to a lady today after forty minutes on hold, she said they've only received the initial cert that I sent in not the following two. Now I don't know where I am
17-08-2018, 12:36   #11
splinter65

You all need to see the CWO today if you can.
Thanks from:
17-08-2018, 17:08   #12
ruger2012

I messaged them via Twitter the other day and was assured a call back but nothing yet
17-08-2018, 19:29   #13
cobhguy28

My Girlfriend has the same issue, Should of been paid Wednesday Still nothing, Went into the local Social Welfare office today. They said wait till TUESDAY and if not paid come back then. They said they had a stream of people into them all week about it. 
We are lucky as we don't need to rely on it for bills, but for most people it is totally unacceptable to be casually waved off and told return next week.
17-08-2018, 19:55   #14
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhguy28 View Post
My Girlfriend has the same issue, Should of been paid Wednesday Still nothing, Went into the local Social Welfare office today. They said wait till TUESDAY and if not paid come back then. They said they had a stream of people into them all week about it. 
We are lucky as we don't need to rely on it for bills, but for most people it is totally unacceptable to be casually waved off and told return next week.
The customers with no income at all would have been offered SWA at the SW office you see. You didn’t get it because you have an income.
17-08-2018, 21:15   #15
cobhguy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhguy28 View Post
The customers with no income at all would have been offered SWA at the SW office you see. You didn’t get it because you have an income.
The person behind the counter would not of know that I support my girlfriend while she is out of work injured. He told her as it was Friday afternoon that the person who can write a check in an emergency would not be back till Tuesday.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion