Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-08-2014, 04:28   #1
Kermit.de.frog

September Indian summer possiblity

The weather atm is depressing with low pressure dominating until Friday but this will gradually fill.

In to the weekend pressure gradually builds from the south and next week looks very good by typical September standards with a lot of sunny weather and warm or even very warm at times with temperatures in to the low 20's widely. High pressure anchored to the east is set to dominate our weather steering up warm continental southeasterly winds. Monday probably the fly in the ointment. A fair bit of cloud and drizzle but that is just an interruption really from Sunday which promises a really good day with long spells of sunshine and mid summer like weather. And Tuesday on is the max we can get at this time of year really.

Summer is not over just yet although recently it's felt like it.

Also the orientation of the high pressure later on leaves open the possibility of thunderstorms from around the Bay of Biscay with dramatically increased lifted air instability and humidity. This could occur toward the end of next week as Atlantic systems try and fail to break through. It's more a typical early August event but it's something to watch.

Big change on the way. Enjoy

Last edited by Kermit.de.frog; 28-08-2014 at 04:53.
Advertisement
28-08-2014, 08:41   #2
Jpmarn

It looks like we having September before August.
28-08-2014, 09:48   #3
DOCARCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmarn View Post
Well lets hope so, otherwise it will be a very long autumn and winter!
Thanks from:
28-08-2014, 10:36   #4
scream
Banned

I always dread the start of September due to the fact that it always seems to be very warm. At this time of year I'm already looking forward to a nice bit of chilly weather. Hate that we always have to put up with this strange blip where it suddenly turns into midsummer again.
(4) thanks from:
28-08-2014, 10:40   #5
DOCARCH

I'd say roll on the heat! We have October, November, December, January and February to look forward to for some cold (hopefully!).
Advertisement
28-08-2014, 10:49   #6
Birdnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmarn View Post
Its become the most predictable element of our climate nowadays. Looking very summery now for the start of September on this mornings runs
Thanks from:
28-08-2014, 15:55   #7
RobertKK

It will be cold long enough, August has been very disappointing, the rain was needed, but the mean air temperatures have been 1.8c lower here compared to the last two years.

A bit of heat and settled weather will do us all a bit of good.
(2) thanks from:
28-08-2014, 16:21   #8
Video

Why do people wish for cold weather? can't understand it, i do like a bit of it but we've had a terrible august and we're rolling into autumn and then winter... there's plenty of time for cold weather just not now!
28-08-2014, 17:27   #9
leahyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video View Post
Why do people wish for cold weather? can't understand it, i do like a bit of it but we've had a terrible august and we're rolling into autumn and then winter... there's plenty of time for cold weather just not now!
Why do people wish for hot weather??? It can be extremely uncomfortable and stuffy when it's hot....some people like cold weather, others like hot weather, others like both - simples!
Advertisement
28-08-2014, 19:21   #10
Rikand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCARCH View Post
I'd say roll on the heat! We have October, November, December, January and February to look forward to for some cold (hopefully!).
and probably March, April and May too
(3) thanks from:
28-08-2014, 19:56   #11
RobertKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahyl View Post
Why do people wish for hot weather??? It can be extremely uncomfortable and stuffy when it's hot....some people like cold weather, others like hot weather, others like both - simples!

Some of us are warm blooded, others are cold...

Fact is we will be cold long enough
Thanks from:
28-08-2014, 20:10   #12

I am really only cold for about one month - usually November. That is the time when you need to acclimatise your clothes and outlook to the cold. Once I am "used to" the cold, I don't have any issue with it. I have some great layers, jumpers, jackets and hats that I love to wear on 'cold' days.

By December I am nearly looking forward to the Christmas Day dip in Salthill!
Thanks from:
28-08-2014, 20:11   #13
Zzippy

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Video View Post
Some people have health problems that are exacerbated by warm weather, so it's understandable that they wish for cooler conditions.
Thanks from:
28-08-2014, 20:15   #14
Birdnuts

I find the older I get the more I crave the heat. Ireland's climate is not a good one for old bones
28-08-2014, 20:44   #15
secman

And our Indian Summer will start when ? And will last for ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion