Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Indian summer possiblity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yet another glorious day today in London, just about as good a September I've ever experienced with the outlook even warmer for the rest of the week. Every single day this month has topped 20C so far and we're looking at up to 25C by the end of the week. Even Donegal is getting is share of the warmth for a change I've been told!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Class weather, any idea when it will end?
    I have a wedding on 27th Sept, will it last until then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Red Pepper wrote: »

It's not possible to say yet. I think it will breaking down from the northwest at that stage to be perfectly honest but unusual things have happened in the not too distant past and there is a small chance the pattern might hold just about to give you a good enough day. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Red Pepper wrote: »
    A wedding? Second, third, or wha'? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Esel wrote: »
    A wedding? Second, third, or wha'? :)

Probably my 30th wedding at this point. I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

brilliant weather

but is it abnormal? climate change and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

06JfkU1.jpg

I remember only a couple of years ago when I'd be happy with seeing this for an afternoon in the middle of June.

But at midnight, in autumn? Fantastic....

Also 18 at Valentia, right on the exposed coast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like the breakdown is starting, next week should feel much more like autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

We've had a good run, it had to end sometime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Rikand wrote: »
    We've had a good run, it had to end sometime :D

Surely the 2nd wave of the Indian Summer has to follow soon? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunning day on the Kerry coast, 18.0C atm near calm conditions. Pics of Fenit Tralee Bay at 12.00

t0qd5f.jpg

jfywhx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The outlook is a bit better than I thought, the BBC/Met were taking a dim view but it looks like HP will reassert itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I would say watch how Friday evolves, currently the charts look very warm and close to record high temperatures in the mid to high 20s in eastern counties where any downsloping might assist (such as Wicklow). The days between now and then should all be pleasant enough but closer to the 18-21 C range for the most part. This guidance may change closer to the time, also the warmth potential is not limited to the south but sweeps across all regions as well as much of (still united) Britain. Eastern coastal areas over there with their own major downsloping foehn conditions could provide some readings well above 25 C if things pan out. Sunshine in these situations is not that big a factor either, the air mass will heat up through compression and at least some sun will be getting through altocumulus wave clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

In deepest of FI, GFS showing a monster of a high. High teens to low 20's in October? Sure why not. :p

5iwLPYd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Cant wait for proper autumnal temperatures to arrive,sick of this warm weather at this stage that we have been having all month. No sign of any cooler weather(although yes it was a bit cooler over the weekend) and this week id say will often be cloudy and at the same time very mild,exactly the weather i hate-mild cloudy muck. Christ will autumn proper 2014 please show its face sometime soon.

I like to think that every extra warm dry day shortens winter by one day! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Spent a magical weekend in Kerry, surf was up @ The Glen, Ballinskelligs yesterday. Felt about 20 Degrees :)

s27dwn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I like to think that every extra warm dry day shortens winter by one day! :p
    If this weather keeps up we might have to skip winter & move straight to spring

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

delw wrote: »

Be careful who you say that to around here. There are dark forces at work. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't get the complaining this time.

It might be hot in direct sunlight but there is no oppressive humidity and its cold at night.

I'd take this weather all day every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Just looking at the monthly rainfall figure from Met E, it is truly remarkable that Mace Head has the magic figure of 0.0 mm for the first 21 days of September. Normally I would presume the station had malfunctioned but seeing the other levels recorded in the west I would say it's correct.Oh to be in Roundstone and Clifden this September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Just looking at the monthly rainfall figure from Met E, it is truly remarkable that Mace Head has the magic figure of 0.0 mm for the first 21 days of September. Normally I would presume the station had malfunctioned but seeing the other levels recorded in the west I would say it's correct.Oh to be in Roundstone and Clifden this September.

Lucky me then :D

Overcast now mind you, I suspect we won't clear the month dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

After last winter I'd gladly do that! Can't get over all the whinging on a certain other weather forum about how boring the weather is. Nothing wrong with mild and sunny in September/October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

You mean again. We skipped Winter last year 2 in a row will be just cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

sunbeam wrote: »
    After last winter I'd gladly do that! Can't get over all the whinging on a certain other weather forum about how boring the weather is. Nothing wrong with mild and sunny in September/October.

:D totally agree with this. loving this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

God I am loving this weather. So nice to not have to worry about putting the heating on, and worrying that our oil level is going down!! Or trying to force coats on my children. Lovely to have them playing outside too. Long may it last, the winter is too long!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Weather is playing hell on my farm, grass suffering with lack of moisture, making a tiny bit tonight but nothing which will make an impression. All the same, as said above, Winter is long, I am not complaining! Great weather for working outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Daily Fail reporting that we need to be prepared for an Indian October :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rikand wrote: »
    Daily Fail reporting that we need to be prepared for an Indian October :)

Better order some oil so.

• Advertisement

and some oil skins.

Advertisement