Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Indian summer possiblity

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Its nearly over folks! Tomorrow is the last mild day and by Friday it'll be pissing down :(

It's pissing down here already :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Warm and sunny without a cloud in the sky here in England, a perfect way to end what has undoubtedly been the best September I can remember. Lowest high all month was 18C with almost every day topping 20C

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

UK met office saying today that NI has had a whole 6% of its average rainfall for September. That must be a record of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What about all the talk of a hot October

Tricksy models!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Has the Indian summer ended for good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Has the Indian summer ended for good?
    Probably yes, but there is always hope for more good weather. There is still potential for 20c + temperatures.

According to the monthly data on met.ie at Shannon Airport September was joint 2nd warmest month this year with June. August was relegated into 4th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Some excerpts from the Met Eireann report on September's exceptional weather.
    Low rainfall totals in parts of the South, Southwest and West were due to a period of absolute drought (a period of 15 or more consecutive days with less than 0.2 mm) between the 1st and 21st, with most of these stations reporting their driest September at least 28 years. Malin Head reported just under a quarter of its average rainfall for September with 23 mm, it’s driest September since 1933 (81 years).
    Valentia Observatory and Cork Airport reported 1.7°C and 1.6°C above their average mean temperature, the warmest September for Valentia since 1991 (23 years) and since Cork Airport opened in 1962 (52 years).
    Valentia Observatory was the sunniest place, recording over 166 hours of sunshine and its sunniest September since 1972 (42 years). The month’s sunniest day was the 10th at Belmullet with 12.3 hours, it sunniest September day since 1969 (45 years).
    Monthly mean wind speeds were the lowest on record (up to 74 years) in places as the month was dominated by extended periods of high pressure.

Full report here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so is that it then the summer is well and truly over? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Got great wear out of my sandals this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

juneg wrote: »
    Got great wear out of my sandals this year!

I did not wear pants or socks for the entire summer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

km79 wrote: »

Luckily the indecency laws were struck down earlier in the year then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

km79 wrote: »
    Luckily the indecency laws were struck down earlier in the year then ;)
    Sudden rise in pressure here... :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Esel wrote: »
    Sudden rise in pressure here... :pac:
    Don't worry, it's just a load of hot air ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

October Indian summer possibility?
    If only.... but FI unfortunately and very unlikely.
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2014100800/ECM100-216.GIF?08-12

Advertisement