Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Indian summer possiblity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well we have something in the Sky this morning. Round in shape. Yellowish in colour. Last visited this place sometime in July.
    No doubt it wouldn't be staying. Best enjoy its company whilst we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've got all my hopes on the weekend after next for one last trip away with the kids in the tent before the grim reality of winter sets in.

I know it's still 10 days. Weather underground is not looking good at the 10 day forcast, but at this distance, they're just placeholder predictions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well that round yellow thing disappeared very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

it never even got a look in, in Athlone. But I'll gladly accept mild, overcast, no wind, no rain for the next 2 weeks. No problem!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive been in Galway past 2 days, was hoping for some decent sunshine this week but solid grey skies since I arrived here on Monday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Suns out in Arklow now,it took a while!
    Kinda nice out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Sunny skies here in Achill today. Everything seems so bright-think I am in shock...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Beautiful day today in Tralee. I'm delighted with this weather.Warm and pleasant and the fact that we can still head out in the mornings in the sandals and wedges is definitely a plus. Even another week of this would be great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

I walked to work in a t-shirt, across the city centre at 6am.

9am reading at Dublin airport is 12 C.

It's 16C in Athenry, that's really something at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I walked to work in a t-shirt, across the city centre at 6am.

9am reading at Dublin airport is 12 C.

It's 16C in Athenry, that's really something at this time of year.

We are less than a week out of summer, so its not too bad really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Blue skies and 17.2C in Galway city at 10am with an overnight low of 16.0C - a very nice way to ease in to Autumn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Blue skies and sunshine for the 1st time this week in the north east and long may it last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The fog is barely beginning to lift here but it's still a beautiful morning and really warm when walking to work approx 7am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Widespread reports of 19 to 20c at 11 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Glorious warm sunshine this morning in S. County Dublin. Around the park in a teeshirt, revelling in the warmth and light. Dunno what the temperature is but it must be 18 at least.

Aah...blissful grins - best thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looking at the F1 charts in wetternzentral its very promising, hopefully it happens with the Irish National Hot Air Ballooning Championships in three weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Blue skies,22.4c ,another lovely day in paradise Arklow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Quick question - don't know if a new thread needs to be started or not, but....

Why is it called an 'Indian Summer'?

Surely it's monsoon time of the year in India, and isn't it always generally warm in India. Also, in summer in India the temps get way up in to the high 30's and low 40's.

Just asking... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"When was the redman's summer?"

There is a poem about it by Lydia Sigourney....

http://www.poemhunter.com/best-poems/lydia-howard-huntley-sigourney/indian-summer-19/

It means the time when berries are ripe, food abundant and the weather still warm, among the so-called "American Indians".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

First time I have been the sun for any extended period here in Naas. I was just in Tallaght and there was a big black cloud overhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Another super day in west Cork again today. Just back from a cycle and no wind chill. Long may it last. If we got September out of this it would be time to start thinking about some frost nights.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

High of 22.4c here today in south Dublin. :) Looks like it's downhill tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yeah. Cloudy and drizzly tomorrow but more breaks and sunshine on Saturday with a beautiful day on Sunday with widespread unbroken sunshine. And the unbroken sunshine lasts until at least Wednesday. So looks really good right now.

Great weather for the hurling final.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Great weather for the hurling final.

More importantly, great beer-garden weather for the Ireland-Georgia match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Been a disappointing weeK overall here sunshine wise, often dull. Dull and warm=the most boring weather known to man. Im looking forward to a cooler and hopefully brighter next few days and cooler nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Been a glorious week in Duncannon. Had some light cloud but nothing to worry about.
    Was I tramore on Tuesday and not a cloud in the sky.
    Noticeably cooler this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I seen the sun for 20minutes yesterday and that was it for the whole week ha. Dull summed up the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I think a 25c is a real possibility in western areas midweek, depending on good sunny spells of course.

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax120s.gif?0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Billcarson wrote: »
    Been a disappointing weeK overall here sunshine wise, often dull. Dull and warm=the most boring weather known to man. Im looking forward to a cooler and hopefully brighter next few days and cooler nights.

Speak for yourself! Personally,I'm very happy with dull and warm into mid September. A helluva lot preferable to rainy and fresh! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heres hoping for warm settled conditions into mid October then a very quick transition into something considerably colder by 3rd week of October:)

Advertisement