Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

• 03-12-2010 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Please use this for discussion on the Big Freeze.

Will this front drop anything across the country? Or will it be too light.

This thread is to be used for all parts of Ireland.

I dislike Regional Threads:D;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

As just posted in another thread its snowing heavy now near Farranfore here in Kerry:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just a heads up to say that the real front should only be hitting the west now.

Here is the state of things at 12, according to NAE Model.

Possible for 4-6cm of extra snow for the Midlands and east. Possibly turning sleety in the southeast before it clears.

Some signs of the weather staying cold and possibly getting very cold at times out to 7 days, there will a slight thaw however during the next 7 days during the daytime.

10120312_0300.gif

Met Eireanns forecast update sounds wintry for the next few days, just updated now.
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Each time a milder spell looms into view it keeps getting put back by the models. Met Eireanns latest update is an upgrade for more snow/wintry precip and only minor thawing for much of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭BrookieD

update from met.ie

Regional Forecasts

Leinster
    03 December 2010- updated at 06:00
    Today

Heavy snowfall today with significant accumulation. Temperatures reaching no more than -1 to +3 degrees. Winds will be mainly light to moderate southwesterly.

Tonight

Wintry showers moving eastwards across the region later with yet more snow accumulations. A sharp to severe frost and icy conditions will persist on untreated roads and pavements. Freezing fog in parts too, with just light variable breezes. Lowest temperatures will range 0 to -6 degrees.

Tomorrow

Further wintry showers expected on and off during Saturday, possibly falling heavy at times too - most likely across the northern half of the province. Bitterly cold, with afternoon maxima of just 1 to 3 degrees generally. Winds will be mainly light northerly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Please use this for discussion on the Big Freeze.

Will this front drop anything across the country? Or will it be too light.

This thread is to be used for all parts of Ireland.

I dislike Regional Threads:D;)

You may dislike Regional Threads.But Normal people want to chat about the story outside their front door!!!

chucken1 wrote: »
    You may dislike Regional Threads.But Normal people want to chat about the story outside their front door!!!

Yes and you can do that in here! I don't think we are large enough for Regional threads.

I personally hate them, because they split people up and you can loose good contributors etc.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Still no snow/sleet/rain here in Kerry, near Inch Beach:(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

rob180 wrote: »

:eek:??????? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is that a massive start or what, Southeast over Dublin Bay! Looks so huge, thought it was a plane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I woke like a kid dashed to the window and looked out and guess what.

SNOW !!!! PLACE IS PURE WHITE !!!! don't know how deep yet but everything is white !!!

irish1967 wrote: »
    I woke like a kid dashed to the window and looked out and guess what.

SNOW !!!! PLACE IS PURE WHITE !!!! don't know how deep yet but everything is white !!!

Great stuff!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Yes and you can do that in here! I don't think we are large enough for Regional threads.

I personally hate them, because they split people up and you can loose good contributors etc.

;)

Oh you mean..people outside the pale..silly me

Thats strange, i am only 6 miles or not much more East of you and have a nice cover although its eased now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

looked out at 3 am and could see lots of stars now i can see just cloud,come on snow,my snowman needs a girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'm from Dublin and i'm dark as fúck. What's this pale nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Just had a look out the window, nothing to report. Looking at the radar some showers have to have passed my way. 16 miles weSt of the city.

Must have started when I dozed off , a nice covering on my car now :D

Wanted to say this for days.....

Wow ! Whiteout in D SW :):);)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Is that a massive start or what, Southeast over Dublin Bay! Looks so huge, thought it was a plane!

It's most likely Venus. Arcturus is really bright as well this morning, though it's more to the east.

• Advertisement

I will demand an enquiry if cork city gets no snow in the next few hours!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

;)

There is nothing in the forum charter regarding regional threads. Your reason to hate them is unjustified as several contributors were posting in both threads, the thread went off topic and i feel this is your reason to close it , all we were doing was filling time until something happened and was starting to happen as you closed it , i am dissapointed in your attitude when all we needed was a nudge in the right direction , i feel we have lost an important outlet for something that was happenin to us out here in the west.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

SnowY32 wrote: »
    I will demand an enquiry if cork city gets no snow in the next few hours!:(

The thing is we need to get it before the temperature rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Snow in Sligo at last, plenty of action let's hope it stays this way

GavinH wrote: »
    The thing is we need to get it before the temperature rise.

your dead right, oh no!!! lets hope them temperatures stay nice and chilled then:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Starting to see a bit of cloud here in Leixlip:)

Thats strange, i am only 6 miles or not much more East of you and have a nice cover although its eased now.

Sorry you're right it's snowing, should have check before posting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Further to the comment above, whether you hate regional threads or not, the fact is, and it is made very clear from the posts here, that the weather conditions around the country are differing significantly, so the sensible thing to do would be to create, um, some threads for different regions maybe? And as has been pointed out before, this will eventually become a Dublin thread. I'm not complaining about that in itself, and I can understand why that would happen because the majority of people are from there, but what then is the harm in having a thread were we can talk about OUR area without wading through endless posts that are irrelevant to us?

For any of you who haven't seen snow up to now. It's sooooooo worth the wait !! 2-3 inches on the ground here now and still snowing. 1 mile from the coast.

• Advertisement

Sorry you're right it's snowing, should have check before posting :o

No problem.
    Getting heavier now again, big powdery flakes, patience Cork not long now:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement