Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

SnowY32 wrote: »
    your dead right, oh no!!! lets hope them temperatures stay nice and chilled then:cool:

Mind you itbstill -3.8 where I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

It's Venus you'll be seeing. If you look closely you should see Saturn above and to the right (about two fists away). Can't see from here as there is cloud cover, still -3.1C though. Near Mitchesltown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Have to agree was enjoying the west thread but a mod decision is just that. Pity though. I mean. 2 foot drifts with constant snow and green fields was quite an exceptional difference. After one if my pics yesterday someone did actually say it's like a different country.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

irish1967 wrote: »
    For any of you who haven't seen snow up to now. It's sooooooo worth the wait !! 2-3 inches on the ground here now and still snowing. 1 mile from the coast.

lucky you then!:mad:

This is the balls about living in costa del cork :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No snow overnight in Lucan but it's currently -9c!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Shows over sleet here now:( Was snow for an hour and a half, snow still on the ground, roads will be dangerous for a while unless a rapid thaw happens.
    Oh well with the return of a northerly and met eireanns forecast we might catch some more later in the week when non atlantic air returns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Jesus H Christ, that front looks menacing.

My missus just set of to work there on foot. It's gonna take her an hour to get there. I'd say she'll be sleeping there tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

-7.4 degrees C in Waterford at the moment according to www.waterfordcityweather.com
    that is low for around here and was probably lower.

According to the radar i should be seeing something falling from the sky for at least the last while. But nothing happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Actually looks fairly weak to me.fizzling out:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

No snow here yet in Carrigaline, Cork or city according to the local radio station but clouds are starting to gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Lightly snowing here atm couple miles outside Tralee, about an inch or so atm

GavinH wrote: »
    According to the radar i should be seeing something falling from the sky for at least the last while. But nothing happening.

Scratch that. A light flurry falling.

Gavin it's COMING. Believe me I waited long enough for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

GavinH wrote: »
    Scratch that. A light flurry falling.

What part of Cork are you living. Its a big place as you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

Hi guys do you know if there is snow coming to limerick

Bumble32 wrote: »
    What part of Cork are you living. Its a big place as you know.
    Close to Crookstown.

Still snowing lightly here been snowing continuously since about 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Problems with the DART from the northside. Work colleague had to walk in from Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

will the snow reach kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Its a very confusing front. Ive had dark orange all over me since 3am, but nothing has fallen. The temps have risen here to just above freezing, snow is melting off the roofs and the car also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Didn't think the front would hit Waterford so early in the day. Beyond Dungarvan now and due to hit me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

irish1967 wrote: »
    Gavin it's COMING. Believe me I waited long enough for it. :)

Oh no it's not....it will be rain in Cork. No way will it snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Just told this bus route only going to donnybrokok that true???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

Just told this bus route only going to donnybrokok that true???

Latest from Dublin Bus site:
    Unable to serve North Circular Rd and Infirmary Rd, terminating at Mountjoy Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mal48

AA Roadwatch a few min ago: *LUAS* Luas Red Line operating from the Red Cow to Abbey St only. Luas Green Line operating between Sandyford and Beechwood only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Weather in the West thread closed before we even had a chance to hear of snow reports!!! not good!
    Feckn waste of time snow watchn all week for me Im afraid.
    Wet snow here all night by the looks of things ,no accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They were saying on Newstalk that there were 3 JCBs in Stephen's Green trying to clear the LUAS terminus!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

homolumo wrote: »
    Didn't think the front would hit Waterford so early in the day. Beyond Dungarvan now and due to hit me soon.

How could it be in dungarvan??!!! It hasn't even passed over cork yet!! I'm getting worried again! Don't tell me it's going to miss us entirely?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

leahyl wrote: »
    How could it be in dungarvan??!!! It hasn't even passed over cork yet!! I'm getting worried again! Don't tell me it's going to miss us entirely?!

MT Cranium is predicting rain for us. He just posted. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement