Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

You were watching a different game to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Monaghan -4 on the handicap is a great bet on Saturday, not often you get the chance for a big time revenge angle this time of year, think they'll put Down away handily this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

You were watching a different game to me

What was the final score?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Boher87 wrote: »
    Kanturk playing Rockchapel in Cork Ifc Saturday night. Big team with big players and 8/15 is definitely too high a price for them.

You can get even money on them now with Powers. Looks like a lot of money after coming for Rockchapel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Monaghan -4 on the handicap is a great bet on Saturday, not often you get the chance for a big time revenge angle this time of year, think they'll put Down away handily this time.

Based on what exactly?.. beating fermamagh/cavan/Wexford and carlow..?

Down stopped playing against them for 20 minutes in the ulster semi and still beat them. Monaghan are as overrated as they get and i will be all over down @ 3/1.

Down over 15.5 pts at evs is the bet of the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kodicat

Kevin Feely priced up at over 3.5 points with boyles at 8/11. Lots to like about that especially after his flawless kicking display against the dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Kodicat wrote: »
    Kevin Feely priced up at over 3.5 points with boyles at 8/11. Lots to like about that especially after his flawless kicking display against the dubs.

That's very appealing for a good free taker against a team that tend to concede a high number of scorable frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Can anyone tell me why Down are such big underdogs tomorrow? Any injuries or suspensions or anything?

• Site Banned Posts: 28 ShmuckRyan

In addition to this, Kildare keeper, Mark Donnellan is evens to score under 0.5 points. He hasn't taken a free or 45 in the last two games.

Jennings Recommendations

Monaghan -4
    3pts 6-5 Paddy Power

No goals in Monaghan v Down
    1pt 8-1 BoyleSports

No Down goal
    2pts 11-5 Betway (Pulled this price out of his a*se as it's 5/4 on site and no sign of ever being 11/5)

J Clarke to score a point from play in both halves
    2pts 6-4 Paddy Power

Jamie Clarke man of the match
    1pt 10-1 BoyleSports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

matthew8 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Down are such big underdogs tomorrow? Any injuries or suspensions or anything?

Not that I am aware of. They already beat them a few weeks back and Monaghan scraped past Carlow. Im sticking a few quid on them at 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Going to do

Kildare and Monaghan double.

Armagh +3 and Monaghan -3, both as single.

Monaghan are a very unpredictable team when it comes to qualifiers which worries me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings Recommendations

Monaghan -4
    3pts 6-5 Paddy Power

No goals in Monaghan v Down
    1pt 8-1 BoyleSports

No Down goal
    2pts 11-5 Betway (Pulled this price out of his a*se as it's 5/4 on site and no sign of ever being 11/5)

J Clarke to score a point from play in both halves
    2pts 6-4 Paddy Power

Jamie Clarke man of the match
    1pt 10-1 BoyleSports

No goals in down Monaghan is 8/1??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

11/5 taken off oddschecker, betways feeds wrong its price of no mon goal,

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Oddschecker has been a disaster lately for GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

ShmuckRyan wrote: »
    In addition to this, Kildare keeper, Mark Donnellan is evens to score under 0.5 points. He hasn't taken a free or 45 in the last two games.

Is this because Kildare haven't gotten any 45s in the last two games? Hypothetically if Kildare got a 45, would he be the likely taker?

I'm tempted enough by this one to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Great Tip - completed a few minutes into the second half - thanks!

Jennings for today

Mayo -3
    3pts 10-11 general

D O'Connor man of the match in Roscommon v Mayo
    1pt 14-1 BoyleSports

Over 3.5 goals in Kerry v Galway
    2pts 5-2 Coral, Paddy Power

Over 4.5 goals in Kerry v Galway
    1pt 6-1 Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Will Donaghy be camped on the square today? Or will he drift out to midfield, leaving JOD and Geaney inside?

Over 1.5 pts is 11/8, looks a big price so just querying the Kerry layout.

Andy Moran over 1.5 at 4/7 looks tasty aswell if he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Raining nicely in Dublin now.

* Conditions very much cleared up now.

• Advertisement

Seems to be brightening up. It'll be very greasy. Cards markets poor in GAA. Red 2.5 with PP. Not worth it.

Kerry were 3.75 last night for All Ireland. I've backed that in advance of this game. Always a chance Kerry will be favourites going into the All Ireland Final. I can't see them being troubled beyond 40/50 minutes today. Will steamroll Mayo or Roscommon next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Will Donaghy be camped on the square today? Or will he drift out to midfield, leaving JOD and Geaney inside?

Over 1.5 pts is 11/8, looks a big price so just querying the Kerry layout.

Andy Moran over 1.5 at 4/7 looks tasty aswell if he starts.

Great call - just over 12 mins in and Donaghy hits the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Fancy the goal chances and had o2.5 odds on for both matches, shower passing now but should see more sunny spells, Mayo and Roscommon id expect can both net.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭robbiezero

What the *** is Moloney on about with a miracle finish. This bloody game has been over for the last 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings for today

Mayo -3
    3pts 10-11 general

D O'Connor man of the match in Roscommon v Mayo
    1pt 14-1 BoyleSports

Over 3.5 goals in Kerry v Galway
    2pts 5-2 Coral, Paddy Power

Over 4.5 goals in Kerry v Galway
    1pt 6-1 Paddy Power

Who is this Jennings tool? Sure you'd be in the poor house if you followed him

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Who is this Jennings tool? Sure you'd be in the poor house if you followed him

He had a decent day yesterday that he'll be crowing about. Will keep him going.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    Kerry forwards love tapping goal chances over the bar.

Same as normal today, two or three clipped over that they could have at least had a crack at.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Think there's value this weekend in Monaghan +9 and Armagh +5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭VonBeanie

mufc1993 wrote: »
    Think there's value this weekend in Monaghan +9 and Armagh +5.

I agree. I don't expect either game to be an advert for free-flowing football, so expect low scoring games, where this kind of spread represents a big winning margin. Dublin have struggled against blanket defences and +9 for Monaghan looks the better bet to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement