Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Galway 8/15
    Waterford 15/8
    Draw 9/1

That's the way PP prices the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Fingers crosses Darragh Fives gets a nomination for man of the match, my last bet of a list of losers for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Fingers crosses Darragh Fives gets a nomination for man of the match, my last bet of a list of losers for today.

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Betway are going Money back as a free bet on all losing bets between Cork and Waterford.

Max stake 10er

Odds must be 1/2 (1.50) or greater.

Waterford at 6/4 for me using above offer

Thanks for this - I took advantage of the same bet - I registered with them - have you been with them long? Any probs? I tried calling the number and it didn't work and live chat doesn't seem to work - I emailed them about verifying my account and they did email back - just strange live chat and the number aren't working.

Same As wrote: »
    See here

Is it aftertiming if the bet is still active?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I took advantage of the same bet - I registered with them - have you been with them long? Any probs? I tried calling the number and it didn't work and live chat doesn't seem to work - I emailed them about verifying my account and they did email back - just strange live chat and the number aren't working.

Ive been with them about a year now and had no problems.

Is it aftertiming if the bet is still active?

Pretty much yeah

Forgiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Forgiveness
    Did fives get man of match

spurshero wrote: »
    Did fives get man of match

No Jamie Barron got it but Darragh Fives got nominated along with Austin Gleeson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Jamie Barron 25/1 hurler of the year. Another good game on Sunday and a waterford win will see those odds drop dramatically

4/1 now, 2nd fav behind a short price Canning. Needs a big AI final still but might do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

KevIRL wrote: »
    4/1 now, 2nd fav behind a short price Canning. Needs a big AI final still but might do it.

He should be nailed on at this stage but these things don't seem to work that way. Barron has been far and away the best and most influential hurler in the country this year, Joe wouldn't even be in the top three but reputation, and that point means that if Galway win he is a certainty - he hasn't even been in Galway's top three players to be honest.

danganabu wrote: »
    He should be nailed on at this stage but these things don't seem to work that way. Barron has been far and away the best and most influential hurler in the country this year, Joe wouldn't even be in the top three but reputation, and that point means that if Galway win he is a certainty - he hasn't even been in Galway's top three players to be honest.

Anyone hazard naming an All Star team at this stage?

Same As wrote: »
    Anyone hazard naming an All Star team at this stage?

So much of this depends on the final that it makes a little bit of a mockery of the whole thing, but I guess its understandable too - its the biggest game of the year and is the one freshest in the memory when the selections are being made.

Outside of the finalists the only ones in contention imo are Padraig Maher, Anthony Nash, Mark Coleman, Daragh Fitzgibbon, Anthony Horgan, Conor Lehane, and Lee Chin.

Maher will probably lose out, undeservedly imo but I am biased, as the half back line is the most competetive, perhaps they might move one of them to midfield to partner Jamie Barron, although if Burke has a good final that probably wont be an option.

Nash will lose out because it is the easy option to give the Goalkeeper to the winning team, that said both have been very good also.

Coleman was nailed on until yesterday but now there is a doubt, as I have said its the most competetive line on the field.

Chin was great in one game, and one game only, but he has a high profile and they do like to give one every now and then to one of the non semi finalist teams.

So much of this depends on the final that it makes a little bit of a mockery of the whole thing, but I guess its understandable too - its the biggest game of the year and is the one freshest in the memory when the selections are being made.

Outside of the finalists the only ones in contention imo are Padraig Maher, Anthony Nash, Mark Coleman, Daragh Fitzgibbon, Anthony Horgan, Conor Lehane, and Lee Chin.

Maher will probably lose out, undeservedly imo but I am biased, as the half back line is the most competetive, perhaps they might move one of them to midfield to partner Jamie Barron, although if Burke has a good final that probably wont be an option.

Nash will lose out because it is the easy option to give the Goalkeeper to the winning team, that said both have been very good also.

Coleman was nailed on until yesterday but now there is a doubt, as I have said its the most competetive line on the field.

Chin was great in one game, and one game only, but he has a high profile and they do like to give one every now and then to one of the non semi finalist teams.

Canning, Conor Cooney, Whelan, Daithi Burke, Padraic Mannion and possibly David Burke are locks in my eyes.

From Waterford, easy to see Austin Gleeson, Barron, Noel Connors possibly a token for Brick.

For Tipp, Padraic Maher will probably get one, outside of that I'm struggling to find another Stellar option from them.

Pretty confident Coleman will get one for Cork regardless of yesterday. Again struggling to find anyone else from them, Horgan possibly but the dubious sending off didn't help.

Chin likely to get a token one too. That leaves about two or three places up for grabs by my reckoning in the half forward line and full back line. Maybe Tadhg De Burca/McInerney. Square pegs to round holes often the way with the 'team'. As you said, final decides much of this sadly. Will be looking for some value once the markets are back up. Canning was 1/10, reckon he'd have to commit war crimes to not get it by rep alone. Serious investment for any cash buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Quick question on the free takers for Kerry. Does Geaney take all of them or is it shared with a number of different players?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Possibly a token for Brick? He got 1st Sunday and against KK, kept us in the game against Wexford! He has been much better than Austin Gleeson this season.
    Shane Fives ahead of Noel Connors in my opinion but Connors has a bigger reputation. Jamie Barron and Kevin Moran are definitely leading candidates for midfield at the moment. Depends how Burke plays in the final. I wouldn't rule out Darragh Fives either, he's been v good since the All Ireland series.

Mark Coleman is nailed on for left half back. Nash was my pick all along but his puckouts weren't great Sunday and he conceded 4 goals soo it's up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Possibly a token for Brick? He got 1st Sunday and against KK, kept us in the game against Wexford! He has been much better than Austin Gleeson this season.
    Shane Fives ahead of Noel Connors in my opinion but Connors has a bigger reputation. Jamie Barron and Kevin Moran are definitely leading candidates for midfield at the moment. Depends how Burke plays in the final. I wouldn't rule out Darragh Fives either, he's been v good since the All Ireland series.

Mark Coleman is nailed on for left half back. Nash was my pick all along but his puckouts weren't great Sunday and he conceded 4 goals soo it's up for grabs.

Shane Fives hopes will take a knock from Sunday and Horgan's performance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Quick question on the free takers for Kerry. Does Geaney take all of them or is it shared with a number of different players?

It's shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

True, guess he'll just have to clean out Conor Whelan now :P

• Advertisement

Deise_2012 wrote: »

Absolutely Brick, and I dont think it would be a token one either he has been immense when it counted, a real leader.

Coleman was nailed on before last Sunday, but he was very poor and peoples memories are short, as the old saying goes you are only as goods as your last game. The half back line happens to be ultra competitive as well so he may miss out.

Goalkeeper is also very close between Nash, SOK and Callinan - it may well as has been the norm come down to who wins the AI - it's a kop out by the selectors but has always been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

peoples memories are short, as the old saying goes you are only as goods as your last game.

Goalkeeper is also very close between Nash, SOK and Callinan - it may well as has been the norm come down to who wins the AI - it's a kop out by the selectors but has always been the case.

If GK is very close as you say, and if you're only as good as your last game as you also say, then surely it's not a cop out if the keeper on the AI winning side gets the nod (unless the other GK had an absolute stormer in defeat).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,718 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone feel Kerry - 2 is good value?

Just feel Mayo will run out of steam and kerry should be good for a 4 or 5 point victory.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

JOD being left footed usually takes them from the right

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Clippett wrote: »
    JOD being left footed usually takes them from the right

Makes sense. Was looking at Geaney/JOD points total and they're both over/under 4.5 points and wondered if either would be value based on free taking duties.

Makes sense. Was looking at Geaney/JOD points total and they're both over/under 4.5 points and wondered if either would be value based on free taking duties.

What is the price?

If GK is very close as you say, and if you're only as good as your last game as you also say, then surely it's not a cop out if the keeper on the AI winning side gets the nod (unless the other GK had an absolute stormer in defeat).

I didnt say I agreed with the notion that you are only as good as your last game but that the premise exists - and just becasue a team wins the final it does not mean that their GK had a better game than the opposition.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Anyone feel Kerry - 2 is good value?

Just feel Mayo will run out of steam and kerry should be good for a 4 or 5 point victory.

Yeah Hills and Ladbrokes have that even money if they will take your bet, while Boyles and Powers make it 5/6 which tells a lot.

Mayo's form is really poor despite the hype. Think they will try hard but Kerry will burn them off in the last 20 minutes with a bit to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

U21 hurling.

Is 6/1 not a ridiculous price for Galway to beat Limerick?

Handicap +6.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    U21 hurling.

Is 6/1 not a ridiculous price for Galway to beat Limerick?

Handicap +6.

Does seem big alright and is probably based on the fact that Limerick beat them in the corresponding minor match by 15 pts - however Galway won the minor AI in 2015 and are obviously at U21 level an unknown quantity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement