Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

04-01-2010, 02:47   #1
darkman2
Banned

Freezing Weather Discussion - Widespread Snow Tonight/Tuesday

Continue here

Hail/Snow here near Malahide. Place is as white as New Years.

This will continue for at least as far as we can say (which is very far).

Snow tonight and early morning. At least a dusting. Probrably 3 - 5cm's generally.

Last edited by darkman2; 04-01-2010 at 03:44.
Advertisement
04-01-2010, 02:49   #2
Seperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman2 View Post
Continue here

Hail/Snow here. Place is as white as New Years.

This will continue for at least as far as we can say.
Where's 'here' ?
04-01-2010, 02:50   #3
Alicat

Was just coming to post this Darkman!

Malahide also.
04-01-2010, 02:51   #4
darkman2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperate View Post
Where's 'here' ?
Sorry, near Malahide.

Finished now.
04-01-2010, 02:52   #5
darkman2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Was just coming to post this Darkman!

Malahide also.
Yes, indeed it looks very similar to new years out there. Of course the Ice hardly melted so everything settled. Going to be dodgy in the morning (if it was not dodgy enough in our locale).
Advertisement
04-01-2010, 03:05   #6
Stevek101

I hope this is heading towards the Dublin 9 area
04-01-2010, 03:07   #7
Alicat

Quote:
Yes, indeed it looks very similar to new years out there. Of course the Ice hardly melted so everything settled. Going to be dodgy in the morning (if it was not dodgy enough in our locale).
Yellow Walls Road is a death trap! Did you see the crash there near Texas Lane this evening?
04-01-2010, 03:11   #8
darkman2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Yellow Walls Road is a death trap! Did you see the crash there near Texas Lane this evening?
No but im very familiar with the problems on Yellow Walls. It was like walking a road in Siberia yesterday and not much better today. Cars skidding and not moving at the same time, pedestrians falling etc. It's very bad. The council are muppets.
04-01-2010, 03:29   #9
sdanseo

Quote:
No but im very familiar with the problems on Yellow Walls. It was like walking a road in Siberia yesterday and not much better today. Cars skidding and not moving at the same time, pedestrians falling etc. It's very bad. The council are muppets.
They're a damn sight better that Dublin CIty Council though apparently. There was a yoke on Newstalk earlier about how noticeable the FCC area was because it had actually BEEN gritted. We're talking main routes here too.

Yeah Old Yellow Walls road was bad too up near Centra, and Centra's carpark was a complete icerink all of yesterday. The carpark in Airside was treacherous today to the point that it needed gritting or someone was going to kill themselves on it. Outdoor carparks C and D in the pavilions were closed also, so traffic there utterly mental and expect worse tomorrow morning and all day, all round as a result of tonight's new covering.
Advertisement
04-01-2010, 03:34   #10
darkman2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonn View Post
They're a damn sight better that Dublin CIty Council though apparently. There was a yoke on Newstalk earlier about how noticeable the FCC area was because it had actually BEEN gritted. We're talking main routes here too.
Im telling yeh now FCC are a bunch of retards. How long have I and others been saying here that this was going to happen? That it was common knowledge that very cold weather was coming? Never mind that though - the Yellow Walls is still not gritted. It remains the death trap it was yesterday and will be worse in the morning. God knows what will happen this morning but there will be alot of frustrated, angry people - I can gaurantee that.
04-01-2010, 03:36   #11

Waiting for snow is like waiting for a bus, kettle to boil, bread to toast etc, seems like it will never come. When I was a kid, always wished for snow during xmass, over hols, running up to return to school, hopeful entire village would be trapped in by heavy snow. Snow never really came during those times, then one year I wished it never came, I wanted to go out fishing, that year I never saw so much snow. Anyone who grew up during 80's will know what I am talking about.

Most if not all years after that, I returned hoping for snow and always have since then, so far it never came like it did in 80's

This year I don't want it, trying to move house, frozen roads and all sorts is holding me back. I have to finish move this week so sorry folks, don't want any snow my way. I am a bit worried now as this is first time since 80's I genuinely don't want any snow. Funny to see if Ireland does get hit by big snow after this kind of confession.

Watch out tomorrow, be safe, take time traveling to work.
Thanks from:
04-01-2010, 03:40   #12
ro_chez

Interchanging between light graupel and snow in Dublin 3 at the moment
04-01-2010, 03:47   #13
Duiske

Theres another shower developing off the east coast. Looks like its aimed at S.Dublin/Bray area.
04-01-2010, 04:08   #14
Redsunset

04-01-2010, 04:22   #15
Duiske

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsunset View Post
Strange that the showers on the north coast are not showing on the ME radar. They are snow showers according to RainToday.
Thread Closed