Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

03-04-2008, 13:30   #76
litup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzywuzy View Post
Hey Litup !

Yeah, it was about lunches. I love all that rice/noodles with sauce dishes but know they're not great for the points. There's a tortellini with spinach and ricotta on today, not sure what that would be like. Then there's beef stir fry with noodles.

As for the soup, it's got a very watery/tomato base to it, and a lot of zero point veg in it ... celery, onion, tomato, peppers. And it's my fave soup ever !!! Oh it's on today !!!
Thats my point - you don't know what is in any of the dishes, be it the soup, the ricotta or the stir fry.

Bring in your own lunch and you will have control of your portion size, know exactly what is in it and exactly how many points it is. Otherwise, its all guesswork.
Advertisement
16-04-2008, 10:21   #77
xxdilemmaxx

Anyone know how many points in small fruit scone (it really was v small!), one portion real butter and one portion of strawberry jam?
21-04-2008, 20:44   #78
SarahSassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdilemmaxx View Post
Anyone know how many points in small fruit scone (it really was v small!), one portion real butter and one portion of strawberry jam?
Probably 6 - 7 all in.... Our WW lady said there are 9 points in an Avoca fruit scone - whiich is very big... Butter - 1 and jam probably 2 .....

Weigh in tomorrow again but have lost 13.5 lbs in 8 weeks so happy enough.. Probably have another 7-9 lbs to go... Was very bad this weekend though
22-04-2008, 10:10   #79
Phibsboro

Started WW last week in a mens group up in the new HQ in swords. I think like most fellas my main concern is how it is going to affect my drinking career I am slightly confused about points for alcohol. Reading previous threads I think assuming 3pts for a pint is prolly safe enough - over the course of an evening if your drinking Heineken or Guinness it will work out maybe .5 to 1.5 points too much but no harm in over estimating slightly. The situation re spirits isn't as clear - someone quotes 1pt for vodka earlier but our leader said 1.5, based on the different size measures between here and UK (25 vs 33) . But doing it on the uk online calculator it looks like 1 pt whichever way you work it, assuming approx 75 cals for a 33ml measure... What dya think?

Cheers,
C
22-04-2008, 11:37   #80
Numbercruncher

I would go with the online calculator to be honest, I use it myself and its always up to date.
Advertisement
22-04-2008, 11:57   #81
Phibsboro

Just to clarify my earlier comment, Irish spirit measure is actually 35.5ml (aka 1.4 gill). So about 78 calories. Still 1 point on the online calculator. Have ten of them (780 cals) and the online is saying 11 so 1pt should be fine as a general number. So 5 pints and two vodkas with a diet mixer is 17 points, not too bad
22-04-2008, 13:15   #82
Numbercruncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibsboro View Post
So 5 pints and two vodkas with a diet mixer is 17 points, not too bad
Almost my daily allowance Makes you think really how fattening drink is, before ww I would have eaten normally and then drank the same points worth and not even thought about it!
22-04-2008, 21:12   #83
jam_mac_jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdilemmaxx View Post
I would say three for the scone, and one for about a teaspoon of jam. I wouldnt judge butter as I dont eat it so I am not sure. I would guess two for butter.
22-04-2008, 22:57   #84
cocopop

rough ww points please?

anyone know the points in the marks and spencers cookies?

thanks everyone
Advertisement
22-04-2008, 23:05   #85
Faith
Mary Berry is my idol

There's a whole thread on ww points already. Merged.
22-04-2008, 23:07   #86
cocopop

thanks sorry, if anyone can help that would be great...
23-04-2008, 10:23   #87
Numbercruncher

Depends on the cookie - chocolate one is 2.5 the other ones seem to be 1.5 according to the ww database.
24-04-2008, 12:53   #88
JustCoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher
Depends on the cookie - chocolate one is 2.5 the other ones seem to be 1.5 according to the ww database
If you're talking about the cookies they make everyday in the bakery there is no way on earth that they're only 2.5 points! You can smell the butter in them, they must be at least 7.

Anyone any clue how many point would be in a Butlers hot chocolate? I need someone to scare me out of drinking them!
24-04-2008, 12:57   #89
Suzywuzy

Haha weird, I'm drinking a WW Veggie cup of soup in a Butlers Hot Chocolate mug !!! Try that ... you might not notice the difference !!! Haha.
24-04-2008, 13:41   #90
JustCoz

Lol! I'll give it a shot, but somehow I don't think it'll hit the spot quite the same way
Thread Closed