Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Finally ordered the 6T it to replace my Oneplus One. Should have it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

tedpan wrote:
    I contacted OnePlus about my scratches and they asked if I want to send it back for repair. Not sure what to do and if it will be chargeable. It's shocking how easily it scratches, there's not a mark on the back or sides of the phone.

If you decide to send it back please report back or pm me with how much it costs, this will be a deal breaker for me ever buying from OnePlus again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Dave147 wrote:
    If you decide to send it back please report back or pm me with how much it costs, this will be a deal breaker for me ever buying from OnePlus again.

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just found the parallel apps section in settings.

Brilliant being able to have 2 Facebook apps or Whatsapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Lucas Hood wrote: »

If you are a drug dealer or stalker it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

petes wrote:
    If you are a drug dealer or stalker it is...

Or look after a company's social media

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I've had a couple of dual sim phones and the parallel app were always a feature.

Looking to but the McLaren 6T. Any place still selling them for not mad money?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

tedpan wrote: »
    Can't stand cases or screen protectors either.

I contacted OnePlus about my scratches and they asked if I want to send it back for repair. Not sure what to do and if it will be chargeable. It's shocking how easily it scratches, there's not a mark on the back or sides of the phone.

However it's definitely the best OS and phone I've ever used.

I have a small dink towards the top of the screen. I have the screen protector left on a d presumed it was a dink in the screen protector itself as it's covered by the protector but now I'm having my doubts.

Tempted to peel back the screen protector to see if the screen is ok but then I know it won't go back on and will have to come off, even though it only needs to be peeled back maybe a quarter of an inch.

Anyone have it naked and have no problems with dinks scratches etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

adox wrote: »
    I have a small dink towards the top of the screen. I have the screen protector left on a d presumed it was a dink in the screen protector itself as it's covered by the protector but now I'm having my doubts.

Tempted to peel back the screen protector to see if the screen is ok but then I know it won't go back on and will have to come off, even though it only needs to be peeled back maybe a quarter of an inch.

Anyone have it naked and have no problems with dinks scratches etc?

Have the phone about 3 months and took the screen protector off when it arrived because I don't like the feel of it. Haven't had any issues so far thankfully.

It's made with the same gorilla glass as other devices no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Just picked up the 256GB model yesterday as part of a contract upgrade. Moving from an iPhone 7. I must say android has come along way since the last android I had which was the galaxy S4. The screen is amazing and the features are great. The only real thing I miss from the iPhone is the swipe left to go back. Really liking the phone overall now that I've pretty got most of my apps on it that I had on the iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TinCool wrote: »
    Just picked up the 256GB model yesterday as part of a contract upgrade. Moving from an iPhone 7. I must say android has come along way since the last android I had which was the galaxy S4. The screen is amazing and the features are great. The only real thing I miss from the iPhone is the swipe left to go back. Really liking the phone overall now that I've pretty got most of my apps on it that I had on the iPhone.
    You know you can swipe up from left or right of screen, to go back,yeah?
    I got rid of the navigation buttons completely and use gestures now.

blade1 wrote: »
    You know you can swipe up from left or right of screen, to go back,yeah?
    I got rid of the navigation buttons completely and use gestures now.

I dabbled briefly but didn't get on with it. Too many up swipes that do different things. I'll give it another bash.

I dabbled briefly but didn't get on with it. Too many up swipes that do different things. I'll give it another bash.

It becomes natural after a little while.

blade1 wrote: »
    It becomes natural after a little while.

It's actually not too bad. I'll stick it out and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

TinCool wrote:
    It's actually not too bad. I'll stick it out and see how it goes.

You won't regret it, it's second nature to me now and don't know why someone didn't think of these gestures years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Those navigation buttons eat into your screen size, I did away with the Nav buttons to, the gestures become natural after awhile.

Lads one thing I haven't figured out with gestures... To have a split screen you hold down the fight back button.
    How do you split the screen using gestures?

Edit: sorted now.
    After swiping up and holding, there is an options menu on the top right corner of each app.

So spent the day using the gestures method to navigate and must say it's the best option. Pretty used to it now. Only thing that's missing is a way to navigate forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So spent the day using the gestures method to navigate and must say it's the best option. Pretty used to it now. Only thing that's missing is a way to navigate forward.

The gestures replace the navigation bar buttons, which are back, home and recent apps. It's for navigating the system, not a browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Started using gestures based on this thread, much better and easier to use than I expected, ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

talkabout wrote: »
    Started using gestures based on this thread, much better and easier to use than I expected, ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

If you have Nova Launcher installed you can use a lot more gestures to do different things. I have a good few set up for quick access to apps and certain parts of apps. Much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Dropped my phone a few days ago and seemed like a crack at the bottom left corner. I was relieved that I had forgotten to take the screen protector off and the crack was on the screen protector not the phone!

Anyway , I went and got the nylon bumper case and it feels more solid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

My phone has recently started going into reading mode when I open specific apps. Namely the bank of Ireland and Garmin apps. Only those two and every time. I can toggle it back off from the shortcut menu at the top.

Anybody else seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Ranjo wrote: »
    My phone has recently started going into reading mode when I open specific apps. Namely the bank of Ireland and Garmin apps. Only those two and every time. I can toggle it back off from the shortcut menu at the top.

Anybody else seen this?

Go to Settings > Display > Reading mode
    Tap 'Remove' beside the apps you don't want to open in reading mode automatically.

Dave147 wrote:
    Yeah I'm gutted, actually properly gutted, I'm so incredibly careful. I have a pocket dedicated to phones, front left pocket is phone only no coins and I'm religious about it, I've no idea how it happened but there's loads of little small scratches on it that I only noticed now. You get what you pay for I suppose, I'll go back to Google in October if I can afford it at the time!

Dave147 wrote:

Hi Dave,

After lots of chasing to understand whether they'd replace under warranty, I got this today.

"I apologize for the delay in response from our side. I would like to inform you that scratches are not covered under warranty. However you can send the device to service center and it will be a paid repair. I will provide the link to check warranty details Kindly check once."

So, I'm going to wait until it becomes unusable, then send it in for repair...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Bought one of these this morning, always had a Samsung so looking foward to see what they are like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I have a question and don't have time to read through all the previous chat.

Basically, if I bought an unlocked USA 6T, would it work in Ireland? I need an answer ASAP please as I have a good deal ready to go but it won't last forever. Thanks in advance.

Basically, if I bought an unlocked USA 6T, would it work in Ireland? I need an answer ASAP please as I have a good deal ready to go but it won't last forever. Thanks in advance.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

I have a question and don't have time to read through all the previous chat.

Yes it will work in Ireland but make sure this isn't the T-Mobile variant as that one will be locked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

5star02707 wrote: »
    Yes it will work in Ireland but make sure this isn't the T-Mobile variant as that one will be locked

Isn't T Mobile the only supplier of the 6T in the USA? I was checking the oneplus USA site but I couldn't get any info if they are selling the unlocked version

Advertisement