Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

Isn't T Mobile the only supplier of the 6T in the USA? I was checking the oneplus USA site but I couldn't get any info if they are selling the unlocked version

for a carrier in the USA yes they're the only one but you can still buy from OnePlus directly on their USA website and that one will be unlocked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Isn't T Mobile the only supplier of the 6T in the USA? I was checking the oneplus USA site but I couldn't get any info if they are selling the unlocked version

I thought you said you were buying an unlocked phone from the US? The European and US versions are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

I recently bought OnePlus 6t along with OnePlus 3d glass screen protector. Very impressed with the phone so far. Coming from Moto G4 plus phone. Can anyone recommend compatible case with screen protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

ch20 wrote:
    I recently bought OnePlus 6t along with OnePlus 3d glass screen protector. Very impressed with the phone so far. Coming from Moto G4 plus phone. Can anyone recommend compatible case with screen protector?

I have the nylon bumper case and i love it! Comfortable feel, comfortable grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

ch20 wrote: »

Have the nylon and carbon bumpers and the silicone one and they all work work the official screen protector.

The carbon bumper is the nicest. Slim and good protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone else having an issue when using the camera in WhatsApp that the majority of the time, a blue filter is applied to the shot on the first try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

same here every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Just checked, no issues, might be some setting you've triggered?

I dunno if it's something to do with also having gcam installed. Only happens in WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone else having an issue when using the camera in WhatsApp that the majority of the time, a blue filter is applied to the shot on the first try?

Yep happened a few times now, I was thinking I was pressing some button combo or something. Looks like it gets applied after the photo is taken

I dunno if it's something to do with also having gcam installed. Only happens in WhatsApp.
    Nope, I can confirm it's not as I had this bug for a while and I only put on the Gcam app last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I've had that too. Only about 2-3 times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Another one for the poor camera.

Filter has now turned yellow :(

Anybody get the Android Q/10 update yet? I read there were issues with the fingerprint scanner, hopefully sorted now. Would love a decent update..

Been running it about a week. No issues here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

tedpan wrote: »
    Anybody get the Android Q/10 update yet? I read there were issues with the fingerprint scanner, hopefully sorted now. Would love a decent update..

I’m waiting until it’s officially pushed out.

adox wrote:

I heard it was officially released a week ago to only certain 6T devices, just wondered if anyone had received the OTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

adox wrote: »

I think it is officially being rolled out. Just in stages though. Probably to prevent meltdown of servers. I still haven't got it but it is very easy to get it if you wanted.

Yeah I’ve been checking the last few days on my device as was aware it was being rolled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yeah I’ve been checking the last few days on my device as was aware it was being rolled out.

Download the oxygen updater app from the app store and you'll get it straight away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Don't like how they removed the ability to swipe between call list / contacts / speed dial screens.

Don't like how they shifted the entire keyboard up and added a close keyboard invisible button.

I like the new notification panel.

What's with the two curvy lines at the bottom corners after unlocking the phone?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Download the oxygen updater app from the app store and you'll get it straight away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

I have it but I'm being shown as up to date.

Getting some sporadic boot loops. Only way to get going again is holding power button and volume up for about 10 secs. Not sure why it's happening but been 3 times in the last week. All else fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I have it but I'm being shown as up to date.

Click the top right settings button and then click the local upgrade option

thomasj wrote: »
    Click the top right settings button and then click the local upgrade option

Cheers, turns out that wasn't the issue though. When 8 moved from the 3 to the 6T, Oxygen updater obviously kept its old settings, meaning it had me using my original 3, which isn't in scope for the update. Strange.

As soon as I selected 6T it started working.

Morpork wrote: »
    Don't like how they shifted the entire keyboard up and added a close keyboard invisible button.

Yeah, this is annoying. Probably actually better for position of keyboard on the screen but the dead space is upsetting.

I'm using the new gestures and one of the things bothering me is that the bar for swiping at the bottom of the screen can cover the screen in certain apps.

I updated to Android 10 last night and have one pretty annoying issue.

I have lift to wake enabled. It works but it only brings up the finger print scanner nothing else. On 9 it brought up the clock and more importantly notifications.

Anyone else have this issue. Tried to resolve it without any success.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I updated to Android 10 last night and have one pretty annoying issue.

I have lift to wake enabled. It works but it only brings up the finger print scanner nothing else. On 9 it brought up the clock and more importantly notifications.

Anyone else have this issue. Tried to resolve it without any success.

I had the same problem. I just went into settings-customisation and was able to fix it

Conchurl wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I just went into settings-customisation and was able to fix it

Ah cheers man that sorted it. I’d been searching high and low for it in the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Ah cheers man that sorted it. I’d been searching high and low for it in the settings.

No bother. Did the update change your ringtone? It changed mine

Advertisement