Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool C General Chat [NZ/ARG/TON/GEO/NAM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Nigel doesn't need a TMO. Waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Don't know what the commentator is talking about, the guy was standing absolutely still, if the ball went forward it's a forward pass, you can't apply the momentum/direction of the hands argument

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

officials are killing rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

Ah shame. Hope the Tongan heads don't drop now, they're still very much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

DellyBelly wrote: »
    officials are killing rugby

Are you referring to this game? Aside from the tmo being overly pedantic I think the officials have been great in this game. First half was less than 50 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

.ak wrote: »
    Are you referring to this game? Aside from the tmo being overly pedantic I think the officials have been great in this game. First half was less than 50 minutes.

Yes. Nigel uses the TMO when he needs to but generally speaking he has his mind made up and sticks with it. Peyper last night was using the TMO to make decisions for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ceadog wrote: »
    Is that the 18 year old? Been watching with the sound off in case I accidentally hear some commentary. He looks very very good, some French team will no doubt snap him up.

He looks good but maybe a bit indecisive at times, but frankly he looks better than any 18 year old Irish scrum half I've seen in a while. He put in a stonker of a box kick at one stage so he can kick anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

That was a good call just saw a replay of the pass from the touch judges perspective

I want this comm with Barnes doing analysis beside him for every game of the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Did they just change what channel the match was on at half-time??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Fireball07 wrote: »

Yea TV 3 are setting up the Ireland match
    TV 3e are playing the rest of Georgia and Tonga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

both teams missing touch from penalties a few times is poor

**** me the Georgian defence is superb.

Just as I type that they give away a penalty, but still. Smashing the Tongans back five metres every time.

Fireball07 wrote: »

Yeah I was bitching about TV3 showing Joe interview over analysing the tonga match.:o

Amazed there's been no injuries so far. Huge collisions in every tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

So all the talk about straight feeds and using the ball rather than scrummaging for penalties before the tournament was just talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Georgia are seriously impressive at the breakdown

On this showing Argentina should be worried. Georgia look very strong everywhere Argentina are. Argentina have the edge in the backs but the Georgian defence looks very secure against the big Tongan backs. If they had a decent kicker they'd be out of sight.

What a run by the Georgian full-back. Nice try in the end!

Jaysus they nearly butchered that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Some run down the right wing, thought they had butchered it down the left!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Georgia have been very impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

what a conversion

I am very content that we are playing Canada and not Georgia today.

Wow, lovely strike for the conversion!

That was a ****ing great try. If Ireland scored that we'd be talking about it for years to come. Lovely hands from the Georgians, especially the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Great turnover and kick to the corner. Georgia's defence is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Again seriously powerful over the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ceadog wrote: »
    That was a ****ing great try. If Ireland scored that we'd be talking about it for years to come. Lovely hands from the Georgians, especially the forwards.

Ah come on. They butchered it only for the ball to scoot out and the Tongan to whiff in the tackle.

Nice finish but Tongas defence is ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Great to see Georgia playing so well.

Advertisement