Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool C General Chat [NZ/ARG/TON/GEO/NAM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Here's video of the Argentina player making contact with Retallick's eye area. Hard to say whether that's deliberate or not but I suppose if you're grappling with someone's head like that you're asking for trouble.

It is very difficult to see but Retallick doesn't even react to it, just shrugs it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

conf101 wrote: »
    It is very difficult to see but Retallick doesn't even react to it, just shrugs it off.

He seems to do it twice though. First time it looks like both hands and the second time just one. Retallick does react in that he pulls the hands away and later ducks away from it.

Either way, the contact is all that's required for it to be looked at. Having looked at it and banned him, you'd have to assume that there was definite contact and the two goes at it just made it worse. Retallick actually looks towards the AR after the second contact.

There's a better video here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Yeah he can have no gripe with the ban. It's been clamped down on the last few years and and contact with the face should be a complete no-no. I just wonder if it's severe enough for a 9 week ban.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

conf101 wrote: »
    Yeah he can have no gripe with the ban. It's been clamped down on the last few years and and contact with the face should be a complete no-no. I just wonder if it's severe enough for a 9 week ban.

It was actually a 12 or 13 week ban which was then reduced to 9 because of his record being clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It was actually a 12 or 13 week ban which was then reduced to 9 because of his record being clean.

I think entry level is 12 weeks, but am open to correction. I know it's pretty severe, but so is the offence imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

are we going to watch the massacre tonight?? AB vs Namibia

why do they have these mickey mouse one-sided games on primetime anyway??

can they not have eng vs wales instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

aimee1 wrote: »
    Surely front row would be an exception?

I don't think so, they would certainly appeal it but I doubt it'd be successful. This is why bringing only 2 hookers seems like borderline insanity to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

philstar wrote: »

Yeah will have it on in the background.

My sloth yesterday means I've to work late tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

philstar wrote: »

yup. even done an interest bet for tonight and sat .....

NMS hat trick
    Billy V Try anytime

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Only one black player in the Namibian starting XV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I feel very fed up with ordinary broadband and feel the need to build a conservatory...

NZ A v Namibia

NZ by 60-70

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

efb wrote: »
    I feel very fed up with ordinary broadband and feel the need to build a conservatory...

NZ A v Namibia

NZ by 60-70

Nah I reckon they'll put 100+ on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Reckon NZ to win by 120 points.

Did I read right that Namibia have never played the ABs before?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Whitest African team I've ever seen... :pac:

Hat tricks for TJ and NMS, I predict.

And we're off

Stheno wrote: »
    And we're off

this will be a 100+ score, that was far too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

yup. even done an interest bet for tonight and sat .....

NMS hat trick
    Billy V Try anytime

Well, you won't be out on the streets if you lose.

15-0 and not even ten minutes gone.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well, you won't be out on the streets if you lose.

1 down ......

Stheno wrote: »
    15-0 and not even ten minutes gone.

was it 149 they scored v japan in 1995? could be beaten here. thats two tries with barely a hand being laid on the try scorer

Forget BP by halftime, BP by half way through 1st half?

was it 149 they scored v japan in 1995? could be beaten here. thats two tries with barely a hand being laid on the try scorer

145-17 was the score.

Was it not 142 or 143? Someone posted about it on here earlier this week

edit see above

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nice kick switch 10s and it'd be an even worse slaughter :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Woohoo, duck broken!

Nice steal on the lineout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Missed the start, who are the two lads commentating on TV3s feed?

• Advertisement

NZ haven't scored for 9 minutes! Shockingly poor.

Advertisement