Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool C General Chat [NZ/ARG/TON/GEO/NAM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Jesus christ almighty what a time to break for ads, the coverage has been awful so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well done Georgia, good match and great to see what the win meant to them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Great scenes.

Not good enough to beat Argentina, but pure scrum power is a big boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Fantastic to see a packed house there too.. well done to Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

No way you'd put out a B team against that Georgian team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Go'on the 2nd tier!

That was way better than Eng Fiji last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

BrIlliant celebrations. Great excitement. Well done Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Great scenes.

Not good enough to beat Argentina, but pure scrum power is a big boost.

Georgia make so many fundamental mistakes but if the weather is terrible and they kick all their goals they have a good chance against Argentina imo, their pack is formidable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great win for Georgia, scenes of pure delight! As has been said then they go straight to ads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭bilston

That was a great watch. Standard was so so but entertaining stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They haven't gone straight to ads, that's the coverage finished. I know we're excited about the Ireland match but it's pretty disrespectful to the smaller teams and rugby fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

We'll get a better idea after they play Argentina but if Georgia could just find a better 10 and a few decent outside backs, they'd be streets ahead of Italy. Even as things are now, it's probably only financial issues that will keep them out of the six(/seven) nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Who decides man of the match and when is it announced?

Georgia made 213 tackles in that match. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

bilston wrote: »
    That was a great watch. Standard was so so but entertaining stuff.

I really enjoyed that.

Delighted for Georgia, you can see what it meant to them.

Georgia getting a bit carried away...

CPR8Um1UAAAIQLk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Georgia getting a bit carried away...

CPR8Um1UAAAIQLk.jpg

They're dead right. They were magnificent. They should enjoy it and then aim to topple Argentina.

They've got a decent shot at finishing 3rd so more power to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Pool C is a walk in the park ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Gorgodze looks a bit uninterested, not singing anthem, very slow around pitch. Not much aggression

tumblr_ls2f8j1maz1qfqkof.png

24 tackles. 5 offloads. 1 turnover. 1 try. Man of the Match
    :)
    http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/match/14206#stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭croket

Impressive georgian defence yesturday, winning the game against Tonga (17-10) with only 28% of possession.

They made 201 tackles with 93% success!
    3 players with more than 20 tackles!

Special mention for the backrow :
    6- Tkhilaishvili : 13 tackles, 1 try
    7- Kolelishvili : 21 tackles
    8- Gorgodze : 24 tackles, 1 try

Also, very strong georgian scrum and good game from 18 years old Lobzhanidze, who became the youngest RWC player ever

Gorgodze named MOTM

Updated OP with current standings.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

New Zealand:
    15 Colin Slade, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara,
    8 Victor Vito, 7 Sam Cane (c), 6 Liam Messam, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Ben Franks.

Replacements: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Tony Woodcock, 19 Kieran Read, 20 Richie McCaw, 21 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 22 Ma'a Nonu, 23 Ben Smith.

Savea starting against the Namibians. Read, Nonu and Ben Smith to come off the bench. Rosary beads out folks.

A lot of people with Skudder in their fantasy lineup about to get points....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

New Zealand:
    15 Colin Slade, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara,
    8 Victor Vito, 7 Sam Cane (c), 6 Liam Messam, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Ben Franks.

Replacements: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Tony Woodcock, 19 Kieran Read, 20 Richie McCaw, 21 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 22 Ma'a Nonu, 23 Ben Smith.

Savea starting against the Namibians. Read, Nonu and Ben Smith to come off the bench. Rosary beads out folks.

Inexperienced back line in terms of starting test caps. A lot of experience on the bench though. Over 600 caps on pine. 660 actually.
    No Naholo. Savea has missing the try scoring touch this year so maybe the ABs figure Namibia will happen him get some form back.
    Sam Cane as captain is interesting. Would have expected Messam or maybe Whitelock.

Interesting to see if Slade or Barritt kicks. Presume Barritt but aren't they close in terms of standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I think Slade might have a better percentage. Not sure though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,247 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Interesting to see if Slade or Barritt kicks. Presume Barritt but aren't they close in terms of standard?

probably be barrett as he will most likely be reserve 10 for the big games.

TJ for a hat trick :P

edit: just checked odds... ridiculous rubbish from pp @ 16/5

so went on barrett instead @ 14/1

^ Interesting to see how TJ plays. I watched him a few times in the Super Rugby and he's a very exciting player to watch but takes a lot of risks. I've noticed when he plays for NZ though he seems a lot more cautious. Obviously he's told to stick to the game plan but Namibia could be a team where the game plan goes out the window.

• Advertisement

Galarza banned for Argentina for 9 weeks for "making contact with the eye or eye area" of Brodie Retallick.

Advertisement