Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool C General Chat [NZ/ARG/TON/GEO/NAM]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Galarza banned for Argentina for 9 weeks for "making contact with the eye or eye area" of Brodie Retallick.

Was this during the match on Sunday? Was it picked up then?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Was this during the match on Sunday? Was it picked up then?

Yeah during the second half at some point. He was cited for it and I can't remember it being discussed on the day.

Can you call up a replacement for a player who gets banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Yeah during the second half at some point. He was cited for it and I can't remember it being discussed on the day.

dont see why you couldnt, they also lost a lock to a head injury when he scored on sunday so they might need a few call ups

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I can't remember it being discussed either which is unusual for a gouging.

I'd imagine you can call up a replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

No. Replacements are ONLY allowed for medical or compassionate reasons. Banned players cannot be replaced.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/strict-48-hour-rule-warren-9968431

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Jesus that Romanian anthem is dramatic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭cml387

French scrum demolished.

Are the Romanians known for a strong scrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Decent scrum for and against. beat them elsewhere first. They will be wrecked by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Greyian

How does Peyper call advantage over when France knock on on their own 22, and then Romania have the ball on France's 10 metre line? They've gone back the guts of 20 metres ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I see French players are being allowed to lie wherever they choose at ruck time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Neither team will qualify from this group imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Are we not Pool D tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Neither team will qualify from this group imo.

Be very unlikely that France wouldn't qualify. Near impossible really

Why all the French talk? Or did I post the Argie news in the wrong thread?

Why all the French talk? Or did I post the Argie news in the wrong thread?

You do know France are playing at the moment?

Yes but not in pool c

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Greyian

It would seem we are all posting about the France vs Romania game here, when it should be in the Group D topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Not in pool C!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭cml387

Yes but we're in the wrong group:o

• Advertisement

Yes but not in pool c

Yeah I've just copped we are all posting in the wrong thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak wrote: »

I mentioned it a few posts back but it got lost in the sea of confused French posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I don't think it was even noticed during the match. Certainly didn't see any comment on the match thread about it.

That's Argentina down to 30 players now. Unbelievably stupid stuff. How many locks did they bring? The usual 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Ceadog wrote: »
    No. Replacements are ONLY allowed for medical or compassionate reasons. Banned players cannot be replaced.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/strict-48-hour-rule-warren-9968431

Surely front row would be an exception?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

aimee1 wrote: »
    Surely front row would be an exception?

I think the idea is to ensure there is no dirty/dangerous play at the showcase of world rugby. I doubt that they'd want to make exceptions.

Did your beard get in your eyes again?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Did your beard get in your eyes again?

I was out on my fixie in fairness.

New Zealand v Namibia - first major thrashing of the tournament? Quite surprisingly we've made it this far without anyone being humiliated. Even Uruguay did okay against Wales. I'd assume a few teams will tire as the weeks go on and get a bit of a hiding but if Namibia can yet a respectable scoreline tonight we'll have had a pretty decent first round for everyone.

• Advertisement

Here's video of the Argentina player making contact with Retallick's eye area. Hard to say whether that's deliberate or not but I suppose if you're grappling with someone's head like that you're asking for trouble.

Advertisement