Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Darndale Gang

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder how many Garda foot patrols went through Baldoyle Park that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I wonder how many Garda foot patrols went through Baldoyle Park that day?

With all due respect Gardai pounding the streets plays a minor role in preventing this.

We need tagging and a three strike system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yet another reason to avoid Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

AmberGold wrote: »
    With all due respect Gardai pounding the streets plays a minor role in preventing this.

We need tagging and a three strike system.

Sorry, but garda visibility and presence absolutely plays a role here...

I know they cannot be everywhere, and this seems to be the tired and trotted out excuse

The other deterrent is serious sentencing should people be caught and convicted of serious crimes...

These are serious crimes against people. Someone will die, and someone will be badly badly hurt...

Some of the sentences handed down in Ireland for serious crimes are appallingly lenient.....no wonder people commit crimes like these without too much thought....

We need a serious review of our sentencing and dealing with these types of violent crimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

MadYaker wrote: »
    Yet another reason to northside avoid Dublin.

;)

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »
    Strongly disagree. The role of police in Britain and Ireland used to be to proactively prevent and deter crime. Now thry wait for crime to happen and then maybe react. They are capable of being proactive - see the covid checkpoints and city centre patrols - but there is no political will to push Garda HQ to proactively police problem areas of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Clonmel is our biggest town and its very rare if ever to have this problem, you would never see gangs of kids in the town acting the maggot. Obviously odd occasion of violence but not gangs of kids doing it.

Ellen park and the wildernes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You sound like you have your finger on the pulse of the community, why not start an outreach group?

We are well past the stage of "out reach group". This gives the opening for Paramilitary groups to come in and sort it out. When Paramilitary groups come in they dont go home afterwards, they license their own nephews as drug dealers and give them protection. See the same with the Real IRA and activities in Derry.

We had something similar with scrotes at home and the IRA offered to intervene. They brought in a community facilitator and reparations were made promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Outside pubs in country towns are absolute warzone at the weekends compared to Dublin in fairness.

i go out most weekend and warzones would be an exaggeration and i visit many towns in east Munster area, just local parish fighting other lads usually, nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Ellen park and the wildernes

elm park i presume you mean. Again gangs of teens are not going around terrorizing locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    It's a cycle of fatherless families that breeds teenagers with no positive role models and no prospects. They see their crimes as trivial other than enhancing their rank within their peer group. They are also totally desensitived to their actions and realise if they're caught that a) there's nothing that can really be done other a toothless law enforcement and revolving door legal system with little impact and b) that of this happens it enhances their perceived worth within the group more.

Until the sources of this are discovered and broken this cycle will continue forever.

not only has the status of traditional two parent families been downgraded this past few decades

the status of single mothers has attained sacred cow status , whenever welfare reform is mentioned , single mothers are wheeled out as to why its a cardinal sin

there is nothing special about being a single mother

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Strongly disagree. The role of police in Britain and Ireland used to be to proactively prevent and deter crime. Now thry wait for crime to happen and then maybe react. They are capable of being proactive - see the covid checkpoints and city centre patrols - but there is no political will to push Garda HQ to proactively police problem areas of Dublin.

We are breeding generational dependency at a frightening rate. It costs us all.

We currently have a political party in this country on 30% support whose bread and butter is welfare dependence. That's their base.

I'm wondering when a political party will appear who unashamedly support those who work, who try, who contribute and the rule of law. This is the overwhelming majority. They'll get a massive vote.

Instead of yearly goodies like Christmas "bonus" (what a description) and welfare increases there should be reduced taxes, supports and incentives to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

We currently have a political party in this country on 30% support whose bread and butter is welfare dependence. That's their base.

I'm wondering when a political party will appear who unashamedly support those who work, who try, who contribute and the rule of law. This is the overwhelming majority. They'll get a massive vote.

Instead of yearly goodies like Christmas "bonus" (what a description) and welfare increases there should be reduced taxes, supports and incentives to work.

Absolutely

There is simply far too much of an emphasis on some for blaming others on behaviors and actions, instead of tackling the ones creating the issues head on...

Populism is a scourge in our country today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Dont you know this is part of UN Agenda 2030?

we are an overtly left wing country , the root of most of the countries social problems this past thirty years from family breakdown to delinquents and tinkers out of control , can be laid at the feet of liberals who demanded that the traditional family unit be downgraded and leniency be given to those who engage in degenerate behaviour

to add insult to injury , the same leftists insist on writing the roadmap for the next thirty years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Eh they appeared ages ago, they're called Fine Gael and they came 3rd in the last election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    we are an overtly left wing country , the root of most of the countries social problems this past thirty years from family breakdown to delinquents and tinkers out of control , can be laid at the feet of liberals who demanded that the traditional family unit be downgraded and leniency be given to those who engage in degenerate behaviour

to add insult to injury , the same leftists insist on writing the roadmap for the next thirty years

I seen a post on one of the Irish Reddit subs from some European living in Ireland a few months back, asking: "why do you tolerate this behavior". It was in regard to junkies and general scumbags around Dublin city. Most of the "enlightened" Irish Redditors were replying: "where is your empathy", "have some decency", "it's not their fault". Essentially most of the replies were apologetic nonsense, with hardly anyone willing to admit that it was a genuine issue. Like you've said, these people are as much of a problem as the scum on the street, as they facilitate the problem by downplaying the severity.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

So you cant connect the 65 billion euro plus bankers cost this country,resulting in savage austerity measures across the board to this day?

"Ffs. "

Yeah and who borrowed the 65 billion to buy fancy cars and property abroad ? Get real , everyone got on the train

This is going to sound extreme but...they need some vigilantes there - the Gardaí have made it clear there’s nothing material they can do. Have the vigilantes mete out a couple of savage beatings to these scrotes causing trouble. The Gardaí will become very interested all of a sudden and maybe actually police these areas for troublemakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's funny because when I was a teenager in Dublin in the 90s, we couldn't go anywhere without a Garda wrecking our heads and telling us to go home and move on. Regularly stopped and searched. We wouldn't annoy anyone and it was a quiet area, just hanging around maybe smoking the odd joint here and there.
    Does this not happen any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Eh they appeared ages ago, they're called Fine Gael and they came 3rd in the last election.

......and utterly failed to support those who work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭recyclops

It's funny because when I was a teenager in Dublin in the 90s, we couldn't go anywhere without a Garda wrecking our heads and telling us to go home and move on. Regularly stopped and searched. We wouldn't annoy anyone and it was a quiet area, just hanging around maybe smoking the odd joint here and there.
    Does this not happen any more?

it probably would run the risk of getting recorded, scrotes shouting about badge numbers, one shouting dont touch me over and over and then it'll result in an ombudsman investigation and a trauma claim going in by the poor unfortunate individual.

all very predictable really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

In my (early 80s) housing estate there's a road where people in Darndale were offered a scheme; basically if you worked at all the government were offering part of your deposit towards a house on this road (nice, private estate only about 20-30mins drive away from Darndale in the north direction).

It unfortunately meant that anyone with a bit of get up and go about them left Darndale and all that remained were the ones with zero interest in doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is not true though is it?

Because it's been business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

This is not true though is it?

Because it's been business as usual.

Depends what you mean by business as usual, but yeah I agree they're useless.

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I seen a post on one of the Irish Reddit subs from some European living in Ireland a few months back, asking: "why do you tolerate this behavior". It was in regard to junkies and general scumbags around Dublin city. Most of the "enlightened" Irish Redditors were replying: "where is your empathy", "have some decency", "it's not their fault". Essentially most of the replies were apologetic nonsense, with hardly anyone willing to admit that it was a genuine issue. Like you've said, these people are as much of a problem as the scum on the street, as they facilitate the problem by downplaying the severity.

Universities are left wing madrassas for the most part, hence the attitudes

Nothing wrong with a limited and targeted welfare state, indeed it's essential.

However, the state does not make a good daddy. It provides food and shelter but nothing else. No sense of dignity or your place in the world.

But that's the way the world is going. People who talk about hard graft, personal responsibilities and civil liberties are looked upon as lunatics.

Stop using Yankee discourse in relation to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Madras like the curry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Stop using Yankee discourse in relation to Ireland.

Says he in his native tongue :pac:

Advertisement