Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Are they trying to hunt that Abandoned is actual the new Silent Hill game??

People still think Kojima is working on this
    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1405670904818978816?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Will these ps5 ever become readily available again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Will these ps5 ever become readily available again.

Probably not until the last 1/4 this year at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well I can think of something more boring,sitting there looking at an elastic band playing the game:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

List of ps4 games currently running at 60fps on ps5. Might be of use to some...

https://www.psu.com/news/all-ps4-games-that-run-at-60-fps-on-ps5/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hopefully rumours are true and this will be July ps plus game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hopefully rumours are true and this will be July ps plus game.

That would be brilliant. Game has always intrigued me and it looks fantastic in that clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dujiriti

Yeah Joseph Anderson does some great analysis on games. Really helps you appreciate them more when you understand them in more depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Plague Tale was great, some fantastic storytelling and environmental puzzling and a genuinely unique setting and premise.

It is definitely a little too long and the last encounter is mind-bogglingly ridiculous, but well worth playing for anyone that is curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That looks like a nice visual upgrade - it looked a bit ropey on the PS4. It was a great game although I'd echo the criticisms about its length and that really stupid final boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cool use of the haptics

Returnal is, imo right now, the best game for haptic use. I genuinely can't tell which sounds are made by the haptics and which ones are coming out of the speaker. It's a stunning game for haptic use, and makes me really excited for future games. I actually want to watch films with haptics and the DualSense in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quick question lads but probably not the right place so apologies.

I've found a PlayStation TV here while clearing out old presses and wondering if there's a market for them?

It was used about 5 times in total. Even had the box until herself tore up and threw out a load of boxes yesterday while I was in work. All orginal cables still here though.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Quick question lads but probably not the right place so apologies.

I've found a PlayStation TV here while clearing out old presses and wondering if there's a market for them?

It was used about 5 times in total. Even had the box until herself tore up and threw out a load of boxes yesterday while I was in work. All orginal cables still here though.

Yea you would probably get about 50 quid for it maybe? I’d hang onto it if I was you though, have a feeling the price of those things is gonna go up as time goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea you would probably get about 50 quid for it maybe? I’d hang onto it if I was you though, have a feeling the price of those things is gonna go up as time goes by.

Yea might do that actually. I think there's a Vita up in my mams house as well, must have a look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Pretty sure the PlayStation TV are worth a few quid. They didn't sell well and people didn't really seem interested in the Vita itself but now that people realise you can put custom firmware on them to run PSP games among other things the seem to be a bit more sought after.

Almost bought one myself at the time as they were going for nearly half price but the one Vita game I had wasn't supported!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yea might do that actually. I think there's a Vita up in my mams house as well, must have a look for it.

I think they are worth something to the hacker lads....

Not sure how it works but I think they want them for flashing ROMs or running emulators or something...

Could be a wee project for you if you are bothered 🙂

Edit the PSTV not the Vita but I think the Vita can be flashed also...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Finally got a ps5 today, happy out! What game would be a good one to showcase the console? I was thinking RE8 or maybe Demon Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A good game is already on it. Astro Bot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Wailin wrote: »
    Finally got a ps5 today, happy out! What game would be a good one to showcase the console? I was thinking RE8 or maybe Demon Souls?

Astrobot. Especially to get a feel of the dualsense controller and what it can do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Ratchet and Clank is also a good game that showcases it, feels like a next gen game more so that anything else.

Wailin wrote: »

Astrobot, Demons Souls, Returnal or Ratchet. 4 very different games that show off the console in very different ways. All 4 are fantastic in their own right as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lads when I was in GameStop doing the dualsense trade in offer they told me I’ve a 3 month warranty with Sony and if they be any problems I’ve to deal with them. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads when I was in GameStop doing the dualsense trade in offer they told me I’ve a 3 month warranty with Sony and if they be any problems I’ve to deal with them. Is that normal?

I asked when picking up mine and was told 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They can say it, but it's not legal. Sale of goods act says that its up to the vendor to the 3 'r's, repair, replace, or refund in that order.

With Sony it is 12 months

Advertisement