Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I thought she handled herself very well. I think Hashu said the meeting with herself and Felix went on much longer and was very awkward. To be fair to her it was always going to be.

She looked amazing - her dress was fab

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm glad they edited it all out. If the meeting led to fireworks I'm sure they'd have no issue showing it but luckily they saved us the drawn out discomfort of watching a young woman's hope been crushed and wrestling with the thoughts of being embarrassed on national TV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I thought it got more awkward when Pippa came in and mentioned #triplethreat. Everyone seemed all smiley and were getting on great and then that bomb shell dropped.

I'd love to have seen more of the party!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I thought it got more awkward when Pippa came in and mentioned #triplethreat. Everyone seemed all smiley and were getting on great and then that bomb shell dropped.

I'd love to have seen more of the party!

Yeah, I was wondering if it was gonna kick off. Manrika glossed over it pretty well though, and neglected to mention that she called Andy a "f*ckboy with friends". Thought it was interesting also when she said to Andy that she'd "never screwed you over in any of the games".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone else watching the US season 2?

Mitchell, River and Chloe are my favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone else watching the US season 2?

Mitchell, River and Chloe are my favourites

I am! I've found it hard enough to get into tbh, the pacing feels a bit all over the place I think. It feels like they're trying to pack as much as possible into each episode, perhaps understandable when there's only going to be 13 of them, but it all feels very rushed to me.

13 episodes is too short for a show like The Circle imo, feels like it's only got going in the last couple of episodes and there's only 5 more left. Complaints aside, I think Chloe is my favourite too. Courtney started off well I think but he's annoying me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree , it seems like they're trying to cram as much as possible into each episode .
    Courtney is annoying , Lance is meh , not adding much to it at all , Trevor the same . River playing a good game , I liked Terilisha (spelling?) ..

Are we still watching the US series? I'm still enjoying it, but again all I can think of it how rushed the whole thing feels, there's no time for any storylines to develop. Khat decides to try and get people onside and against Chloe - she's blocked the next episode. Mitchell tries getting the 'trifecta' alliance going - he's blocked that episode. The only consistent storyline has been the development of the 'Cardashians' alliance, and Chloe's crush on Trevor. I feel like they've tried to build up the Chloe/Trevor thing akin to an Alex/Kate or Manrika/Felix storyline, but I don't think Chloe is anywhere near as invested as they were. Overall I am enjoying it, but it feels like something of a mini-season to tide us over as opposed to a 'proper' UK edition.

Chloe and Trevor are my favourites anyway, would be happy with either one of them winning. 'Trevor' seems like a thoroughly decent woman who'd genuinely have her family's life improved by the prize fund. Chloe is a bit dippy but seems like a pretty nice person, and quite funny to boot.

Are we still watching the US series? I'm still enjoying it, but again all I can think of it how rushed the whole thing feels, there's no time for any storylines to develop. Khat decides to try and get people onside and against Chloe - she's blocked the next episode. Mitchell tries getting the 'trifecta' alliance going - he's blocked that episode. The only consistent storyline has been the development of the 'Cardashians' alliance, and Chloe's crush on Trevor. I feel like they've tried to build up the Chloe/Trevor thing akin to an Alex/Kate or Manrika/Felix storyline, but I don't think Chloe is anywhere near as invested as they were. Overall I am enjoying it, but it feels like something of a mini-season to tide us over as opposed to a 'proper' UK edition.

Chloe and Trevor are my favourites anyway, would be happy with either one of them winning. 'Trevor' seems like a thoroughly decent woman who'd genuinely have her family's life improved by the prize fund. Chloe is a bit dippy but seems like a pretty nice person, and quite funny to boot.

Enjoying it still but agree it feels very rushed. I'd probably go Trevor or Chloe too. Kind of went off River when he said he just wanted to buy a pool with the money!

Enjoying it still but agree it feels very rushed. I'd probably go Trevor or Chloe too. Kind of went off River when he said he just wanted to buy a pool with the money!

Don't really like River but I think I respected his honesty tbh :D

• Advertisement

I really like the pace and focus of the US version. Roll on Wednesday for the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

Really pleased with the final result and would have been happy with either of the top 2 winning. I wasn't as invested in this as much as the UK version but still enjoyed it.
    Safe to say Savannah and Terilisha won't be firm friends afterwards. At least everyone else could see it as a game. Chloe took Trevor's reveal very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Really pleased with the final result and would have been happy with either of the top 2 winning. I wasn't as invested in this as much as the UK version but still enjoyed it.
    Safe to say Savannah and Terilisha won't be firm friends afterwards. At least everyone else could see it as a game. Chloe took Trevor's reveal very well.

Just after watching it , delighted with the winner also and agree with everything else you've said tbh!

Very very similar endings to both the UK and US season this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

S.M.B. wrote: »

I thought that too. I really hope future contestants don't see that as the way to win. "Be a catfish and get into a relationship with someone".

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

S.M.B. wrote: »

Yes both were fairly similar. Especially both having the final 2 being the catfish and the romantic interest of catfish.

Did love the fact chloe was there for the experience and had no real interest (ability) to play the game.

SPOILERS BELOW! Don't read if you haven't seen the final episode!!

Absolutely thrilled for Deleesa. I wanted either her or Chloe to win, but when it came down to it I was rooting for Deleesa. At the end of the day, Chloe has a decent online following so likely makes a bit of money through promotional/influencer work. Deleesa needed the win more, played a great game and it'll make a big difference to her life.

Going forward I really hope they make the US edition longer and perhaps drop one episode a night instead. I enjoyed the series but as I've mentioned previously it basically felt like a mini series. Given the short series length I wasn't that invested in the contestants as people, and the one week gap to finish off the series with a 48 minute episode kind of killed the momentum. The third series has already been filmed so I'm guessing it'll be an identical format to what we just watched, but hopefully series 4 (if we get one) will be different.

Oh btw Savannah came across awfully in that final episode, bet she's an awful dose in real life.

Channel 4 aren't renewing it for another series :( Very sad and disappointed with this. Tbh I reckon Netflix made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Channel 4 aren't renewing it for another series :( Very sad and disappointed with this. Tbh I reckon Netflix made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Hopefully, you are right and the UK version just appears on Netflix. It doesn't make sense that it would be completely cancelled because i'd imagine the ratings were pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Hopefully, you are right and the UK version just appears on Netflix. It doesn't make sense that it would be completely cancelled because i'd imagine the ratings were pretty good

The ratings I'd say wouldn't be as high as expected because of the 10/10:15pm start time. It needs to be to 9/9:30pm. I'd say Netflix have taken it over. Seeing as they film all the world series in the same place it would be very lucrative for Netflix to buy it out.

• Advertisement

The ratings I'd say wouldn't be as high as expected because of the 10/10:15pm start time. It needs to be to 9/9:30pm. I'd say Netflix have taken it over. Seeing as they film all the world series in the same place it would be very lucrative for Netflix to buy it out.

Couldnt find ratings anywhere to verify. Seemed like more buzz online this year but could just have a hardcore highly engaged smaller following

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Most likely Netflix just offered Channel 4 a shed load of money to buy all the rights ; they're desperate for original content to keep subscriptions, where Channel 4 are likely always looking for space on their schedule to fit new programming in.

I would like Netflix to stick to how Channel 4 did it though, the pacing for the recent US season felt off to me, but then again it could just be that the yanks are never going to be as entertaining in something like this as the Brits are. Actually if they could just keep the narrator of the Channel 4 one for the US version, it'd instantly be so much better.

Feels like there is little incentive for Netflix to make this anything more than a 12/13 episode season so it's unlikely we'll see anything like the UK version again in terms of season length. I actually prefer the US version where "gameplay" or "strategy" isn't treated with the same contempt as it is in the UK version.

Starting up the after party now, assume Savannah and Terilisha still hate the sight of each other.

Word of warning. Don't watch The Circle After Party. Absolute horse manure

Word of warning. Don't watch The Circle After Party. Absolute horse manure
    It's horrific, that's the first and last time I'll be watching a Netflix after party.

Didn't even know there was an After Party, although the posts above aren't exactly encouraging :pac:

Didn't even know there was an After Party, although the posts above aren't exactly encouraging :pac:

Netflix have buried it probably because they realise its terrible. You really have to search to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Circle renewed for 2 more seasons at Netflix

Advertisement