Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    Hunter/Gemma made all sorts of idiotic decisions in that episode.

Sucking up to other contestants during the game showed a completely different side to Gemma, picking the likeable Billy instead of the obvious catfish Dorothy, and then telling Syed and Andy about the "OMG! Catfish" conversation knowing that either of them can potentially bring up this conversation that never took place with Billy directly (knowing he'll deny it but still).

Reckon it's very unlikely Billy will go.

In fairness, he didn't have the option to pick Dorothy as Dorothy and Felix are safe from the blocking, so I do think Billy was his best option to go for from the other 6.

How he went about it though, was completely stupid. Claiming Billy knows nothing about Sport or Runners can be easily disproved by either Andy or Hashu simply having a private chat with Billy, and asking him about football, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In fairness, he didn't have the option to pick Dorothy as Dorothy and Felix are safe from the blocking, so I do think Billy was his best option to go for from the other 6.
    Ah - missed that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Its so funny watching Tally and Manrika from the outside. They're both right to have issues with Gemma and Felix for being shady. Not that it matters now of course! Can't wait to see their faces when they discover the truth :eek:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Good episode last night. My one takeaway is there was no need for Hunter to tell Andy the complete truth. If he was feeling guilty he could've just said what he was saying anyway but stopping short with the actual reveal itself. "OK I've not been fully honest, I have lied about some things, but trust that my intentions are good" I think would've been fine, but he's surely just at Andy's mercy now. Hunter thinks he's now in some form of alliance with him, but he'd probably be better trying to get rid. He did well with the rib question though!

Also, I didn't like Andy getting all high and mighty about Gemma and catching the catfishes. It's a game show with a cash prize and all the contestants are entering under the same premise. They can play the game however the want, catfishing or not.

I don't get that manoeuvre either. Or Andy's reaction to it. Why does he presume just because hunter/James told him, that hes told no one else? It hasn't occurred to him that others might be keeping it as quiet as he is?

• Advertisement

Fair play Hunter!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Glad ‘Gemma’ went to see Manrika and called her out on her sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I don't get it , they're all playing the game ,lies , untruths , whatever way you want to phrase it .
    I think Gemma/James was just hurt that they were the one to get blocked .

ETA,
    Apart from Vithun! !

I think James was hurt. But Manrika is not being 'herself'. So she may not be catfishing, but shes not being honest either. James asked her outright and she said no. Whereas when he was asked something straight out he mulled over it and confessed. Now whether he'd have done that if Tally hadn't been booted is another thing. But I enjoyed seeing players meet and not being all kiss kiss hug hug no hard feelings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I liked Manrika at the start but have gone right off her. I'm glad Gemma/James called her out. I'd like to see her go now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I’ve gone off Andy and Manrika. I’d love to see Syed winning or Vithun.

LizT wrote: »
    I’ve gone off Andy and Manrika. I’d love to see Syed winning or Vithun.

Syed and Vithun are my favourites, I love Syed tbh !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Syed and Vithun are my favourites, I love Syed tbh !

Me too. I'd like to see Syed win. He's very entertaining.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Me too. I'd like to see Syed win. He's very entertaining.

He is isn't he ?
    Very likeable player :)

I love Syed. Would love it if he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

Love Sayed too. Would love to see him win.
    Manrika is going to be so pissed when she finds out Felix is a catfish. Natalya was so annoyed with Gemma being the assassin but what she's doing to Manrika is much worse.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I didn't like Manrika getting all huffy with James, but he was a total dickhead back to her. I think he actually came out of that conversation worse, what a sore loser!

Great episode tonight, I think that was the best episode of the series so far. Great to finally see a little bit of traction on the thread! I don't care if Manrika says otherwise when she finds out, she 100% believes Felix is real. Actually starting to feel a bit sorry for her now, but she's manipulated people from the outset so she can't be that butthurt when she discovers the truth.

Interesting to see Natalya struggling with the morality of it now. It's been a common theme throughout the three series, we see people coming into the show with 100% commitment to their game plans and then they start to struggle. The Circle is a fabulous concept when they get it right, and they mostly have throughout the three runs.

Bye Vithun...

No harm.. vanilla character that brought nothing to the show IMO.

Don't know who I want to win at this stage - maybe Syed. Being honest, I'd have liked to see Hunter/Gemma win.

Like her or not Manrika played that brilliantly. Knew exactly who she wanted to block from the outset and played Felix like an absolute fiddle :pac: Good on her I say!

Manrika along with Andy has consistently been one of the most popular people in there, so surely that'll eventually rule her out of winning. Think Syed/Hashu is my favourite, but actually wouldn't mind Natalya doing it either. Would have real echos of the first season, leaving someone heartbroken and stealing the prize money in the process :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

Poor Vithun. So much for Manrika and her #circlesiblings. He doubted himself too much and I'd say in real life he isn't the type to initiate conversations. He can't see why people might like him so he distances himself before they can get the chance to exclude him.
    Manrika really is playing a game (which I know is the object of it all!!) but she tries to let on she's 100% genuine. She knew Felix wasn't going to go against her so that's why she left Andy and Vithun to the end. She would have gotten rid of Andy except she knew the other players would see her as a game player.

Sad to see Vithun go, but the right move. He was one of my early favourites, although faded in to the background in the past week.

Would love to see Hashu/Syed win it, by far the most entertaining.

Natalya/Felix is someone who has really grown on me, so I'd have her in contention for the win as well.

I cautiously like Natalya - obviously with her being an MP that's difficult for me to admit ;). I didn't like how she was messing with Manrika, but Manrika is playing the ultimate game with everyone including Felix so I don't mind too much now. Natalya is really smart and read it all so well last night.

Vithun was sly in sending that message, though it was hilarious at the time! :D. His days were numbered after that.

Manrika with Pippa - I'm a girl's girl and always have my friend's backs [unless you're a threat to my game plan and then you're out the door] :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭deisedude

Manrika with Pippa - I'm a girl's girl and always have my friend's backs [unless you're a threat to my game plan and then you're out the door] :D

Always has her friends back so she can stick the knife in it

I don't mind any other player winning at this stage as long as she doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I didn't like how she was messing with Manrika, but Manrika is playing the ultimate game with everyone including Felix so I don't mind too much now.

On one hand, I think what Natalya is doing is a bit OTT. It's one thing being a Catfish, but going in so hard like that has really messed with Manrika and at one point she said "I think i'm starting to more-than-like Felix" which is a bit far

However!

At this point Manrika has said "Well it's a game and i'm playing a game and game game game game!" so much that she will not have much call to give out to Felix.

Manrika is constantly lying to everyone so the longer it goes on, the less sympathy I have for her.

Really can't wait until she finds out :D

Yeah, completely agree with you on that and in fact I think Felix/Natalya saw that last night. Wouldn't be surprised if that changes her approach a little.

I enjoyed last nights episode and I'm glad that Andy didn't go - Manrika was too clever to attempt that one. I feel that Vithun was a bit like a lost soul in there - a bit like a primary school kid on a college campus and even though I liked him i think it was the right decision. Curious to see how it progresses from here and would like to see either Syed or Andy win. i really hope Manrika doesn't win as she's become a real backstabber and I can't wait to see her face when she sees "Felix" - the player is being played :D

Season 2 of the US Circle starting on Netflix April 14th (4 eps every Wednesday)

F*cking hell Manrika's gone full villain mode :eek:

• Advertisement

F*cking hell Manrika's gone full villain mode :eek:

I thought that was hilarious tbh !
    Yep , she's playing the game , and as many people as she possibly can , it'll be interesting to see how it works for her ..
    Doubt it'll win her any popularity votes on the outside though .

Advertisement