Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Munster A: Darren Sweetnam; Calvin Nash, Alex McHenry, Jack Crowley, Liam Coombes; Jake Flannery, Paddy Patterson; Liam O’Connor, Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox; Cian Hurley, Thomas Ahern; Tommy O’Donnell (C), Jack Daly, Alex Kendellen(u20).

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Scott Buckley, Roman Salanoa, Ethan Coughlan(u19), Conor Phillips, Seán French.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

bayern wrote: »
    Munster A: Darren Sweetnam; Calvin Nash, Alex McHenry, Jack Crowley, Liam Coombes; Jake Flannery, Paddy Patterson; Liam O’Connor, Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox; Cian Hurley, Thomas Ahern; Tommy O’Donnell (C), Jack Daly, Alex Kendellen(u20).

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Scott Buckley, Roman Salanoa, Ethan Coughlan(u19), Conor Phillips, Seán French.

A reduced bench again. Can't help but wonder if this game could have happened if we didn't get the 4 senior guys back from Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

With 2 dead rubbers coming up you'd imagine most of the A team will get a run, I'm hoping that the Ennis lad Ethan Coughlan will get a run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

I think last night showed that we should hang onto JJ (if he wants to stay)

Joey if fit and firing will be away with Ireland.

IMO Healy still has a bit to go in terms of being a genuine option at 10.

Does anyone else think we may be in the market for a scrum half for next season?

If we assume that Murray and Casey will be with Ireland during the internationals

And if we assume that McCarthy is leaving, that leaves only Cronin with no SH in the Academy

yerrahbah wrote: »
    I think last night showed that we should hang onto JJ (if he wants to stay)

Joey if fit and firing will be away with Ireland.

IMO Healy still has a bit to go in terms of being a genuine option at 10.

Does anyone else think we may be in the market for a scrum half for next season?

If we assume that Murray and Casey will be with Ireland during the internationals

And if we assume that McCarthy is leaving, that leaves only Cronin with no SH in the Academy

Munster will sign one of leinsters young 9's: Patterson, Osborne or O'Sullivan.

• Advertisement

bayern wrote: »
    Munster will sign one of leinsters young 9's: Patterson, Osborne or O'Sullivan.

Comms on A game saying Patterson is Munster's best player.

12-17 at half time, we coughed up an early yellow and two tries. They got a player binned and we scored two tries. 12-17 at half time.

Finished 24 all, a fair result to what turned out to be a great game of rugby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Great news, he is still performing at International level.

There is definitely another year in him.

Now Stander please.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bluwave

Earls like some other players are probably getting IRFU contracts to stop them coming back to provincial ones where the provincial accounts are not as able to sustain costs as the IRFU is.

Im not sure that he and a few others would have gotten an IRFU contract were it not for the things that happened over the last year.

He’s still in the mix for the Irish jersey, but is definitely in the latter stages of his international career and players like stocktake, larmour, Conway, Lowe are inching closer to overtaking him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,788 ✭✭✭✭phog

Good bit of business, he's still the top winger in the country.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bluwave wrote: »
    Earls like some other players are probably getting IRFU contracts to stop them coming back to provincial ones where the provincial accounts are not as able to sustain costs as the IRFU is.

Im not sure that he and a few others would have gotten an IRFU contract were it not for the things that happened over the last year.

He’s still in the mix for the Irish jersey, but is definitely in the latter stages of his international career and players like stocktake, larmour, Conway, Lowe are inching closer to overtaking him.

I'd imagine the reason they are getting central contracts is that players on provincial contracts who get called up to camps or make appearances get more money, a few years ago Gordon D'Arcy was the highest paid Irish player because he wasn't on a central contract and appeared in nearly every match.

Latest squad news. Gallagher is back in training. Cloete is going for a scan on an ankle injury. The rehab list is down to Goggin, Cronin and Snyman. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/03/09/squad-update-munster-prepare-for-scarlets-at-thomond/#post

No mention of Shane Daly being injured despite 42.ie reporting he was

https://www.the42.ie/jacob-stockdale-ireland-squad-5374941-Mar2021/

Great to have Gallagher back as another FB option, Cloete inured again after putting together a few good performances .

No mention of Ahern who was down to play in the A game but didn't.

I'd expect plenty of rotation over the next 2 games with the likes of J.Wycherley, Knox, Salanoa, Ahern, Crowley, McHenry and Flannery getting gametime

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Latest squad news. Gallagher is back in training. Cloete is going for a scan on an ankle injury. The rehab list is down to Goggin, Cronin and Snyman. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/03/09/squad-update-munster-prepare-for-scarlets-at-thomond/#post

Presume Hodnett is still out just not listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Pleasant surprise to get Gallagher back. Hopefully he can be involved over the next two games.

Losing Cloete would be a big blow. I'd imagine the players that are high in minutes with Ireland won't be available for the Pro14 final and Cloete would been in line to benefit from CJ's possible absence.

aloooof wrote: »
    Presume Hodnett is still out just not listed?

academy players not listed in those reports.

therefore no update on Josh W and Ahern who both missed A game due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Toulouse at home in the quarter finals should be interesting. But god the draw took forever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Toulouse probably worst case scenario for a French oppo.

Tough game ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭PMC83

sioda wrote: »
    Toulouse at home in the quarter finals should be interesting. But god the draw took forever

Was a little over the top alright! Showing us every ball when they went in and out every time

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »

I gave up on it, painful to watch.

Such a pity that no crowds are allowed in, I love H/C days against teams like Toulouse

Am I correct in thinking we have :

Away to Leinster Pro14 Final
    Home to Toulouse H/C 1/4 Final
    then possibly away to Wasps/Clermont H/C 1/2 Final

one week after the other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

phog wrote: »

one week after the other

Yup, definitely the business end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

one week after the other

The Wasp/Clermont would be the QF, Toulouse is only last 16.

one week after the other

Beirne, Stander, Murray and Earls could start against Scotland and England

I don't see those players playing 5 huge games one after another

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Beirne, Stander, Murray and Earls could start against Scotland and England

I don't see those players playing 5 huge games one after another
    It's already been mentioned that the Ireland starting XV (at a minimum) won't be involved in the Pro14 final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

It's already been mentioned that the Ireland starting XV (at a minimum) won't be involved in the Pro14 final.

why is that now?

shouldn't effect Munster much compared to Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

That means Leinster missing 7 backs and 5 forwards at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

why is that now?

Its a week after the last 6N game and a week before the CC so say CC would take priority.

Advertisement