Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wonder if Jericho writes his own stuff? There is such a gap in quality with his comedic stuff compared to everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wonder if Jericho writes his own stuff? There is such a gap in quality with his comedic stuff compared to everyone else.

Seen him say he wasnt the one to come up with the list it was jimmy jacobs whos a writer now but i say he writes a lot of what hes doing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They missed a chance to have security flank Goldberg during his big walk from the back considering they were bringing out a load of security anyway.

Pretty sure I could hear Sin Cara calling moves in his match.

Jericho is great

So many tag matches

Survivor Series has tag matches of course but... what exactly is at stake? Did they add something on that WWE network exclusive thing? or are we the viewers supposed to really care if Raw or SD wins... personally found it funny how the Raw crowd agreed that SD is the better show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Steph Mcmahon has killed raw for me. It should not be called x pac heat anymore it should be name after her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ricero wrote: »
    Steph Mcmahon has killed raw for me. It should not be called x pac heat anymore it should be name after her

She buries people every week and never gets her comeuppance. It's infuriating.

As for this Raw, I thought the Goldberg/Lesnar segment was excellent. Goldberg has done a great job talking since he returned and Heyman was back on form here too. Destroying the security guys made Goldberg look on Brock's level and it was a nice touch with Brock backing away. It will be a real shame if this all ends with Goldberg getting crapped on by the Toronto fans. I expect Lesnar to win but I hope the fans give the match a chance.

I wasn't crazy about the rest of Raw. I am just worn out with looking at teams that are fighting one another and tbh there's no reason for them not to fight one another because at the end of the day, even if they lose to Smackdown, who cares? Nothing is on the line.

I also thought it was whacky that you have Seth Rollins and Jericho lined up on the same side in the last segment when earlier in the show Rollins had hit a pedigree on Jericho. That was ridiculous.

This Survivor Series build feels like it's been a mess with the exception of Lesnar vs Goldberg which does interest me. That's one of the few matches where it feels like the result matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well Steph did get her comeuppance of sorts after being speared by Roman at Wrestlemania, but yeah someone in the women's division needs to step up and smack the taste right out of her mouth..

Mick Foley as RAW GM has worn off for me..

2nd what BH said a page back, Jericho, the guy is at the top of his game..

Goldberg being made to look strong, yeah Lesnar's winning at Survivor Series :pac:

The 5 on 5 RAW vs. Smackdown men's match, where's the hook? Why should we care, nothing on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watching Jericho again, Roman loved the segment as much as i did, i can see him shake with laughter when Jericho sees ellsworth in the corner, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rossie1977 wrote: »
    SD had a houseshow in Bilbao last night so they probably only arriving back in the states today

Guess we got our answer lol

Enjoyed raw, Goldberg is still In good shape, Lesner looks a bit heavy but is still a monster, think Goldberg will win Sunday. Pity he's only doing one more match

The main event with the 2 teams meeting was entering (y2j comedy gold), loved how Shane went straight for strowman

Can't see the intercon title going to raw but with Raw most likely losing the cruiserweights anything can happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Goldberg looks in top shape....
    Brock actually doesn't look great imo ...hey man can sell anything...and Goldberg reactions were perfect.....

You know what...I actually think they have had the wrong guy all these years.....should have been goldberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Guess we got our answer lol

Enjoyed raw, Goldberg is still In good shape, Lesner looks a bit heavy but is still a monster, think Goldberg will win Sunday. Pity he's only doing one more match

The main event with the 2 teams meeting was entering (y2j comedy gold), loved how Shane went straight for strowman

Can't see the intercon title going to raw but with Raw most likely losing the cruiserweights anything can happen

I've a funny feeling this won't be his last match, I think he'll win too but will involve Shenanigans and would be epic to have Rusev get involved and have him fued with Goldberg.

Would suck him just doing a one off match and if he actually was to fued and put Rusev over it would bring Ruaev back to the level he was at before being feed to Cena andd make him the perfect monster heel to hold the belt.

• Advertisement

I've a funny feeling this won't be his last match, I think he'll win too but will involve Shenanigans and would be epic to have Rusev get involved and have him fued with Goldberg.

Would suck him just doing a one off match and if he actually was to fued and put Rusev over it would bring Ruaev back to the level he was at before being feed to Cena andd make him the perfect monster heel to hold the belt.

i can see brock/goldberg closing the show with brock getting invovled giving raw the win then shenanigans galore in the match.

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Fantasy turned reality
    Goldberg’s Mega Match with Brock Lesnar may have been straight out of the WWE Universe’s collective fantasy, but how many people, even in their wildest dreams, saw Goldberg actually pulling it off? And how many among that group saw him pulling it off in under two minutes? The former World Heavyweight Champion has now cemented his status as The One Who Beat the One in 23-1, as well as the only man apart from John Cena to beat Lesnar twice in pay-per-view singles matches. But if he stays true to his word, the bout with The Beast Incarnate was “last” on his to-do list. Will Goldberg deliver an official farewell on Raw?

Last men standing
    Of all the twists and turns in the Raw vs. SmackDown LIVE 10-on-10 Traditional Tag Team Survivor Series Match, it doesn’t seem like anybody had Cesaro & Sheamus penciled in as the Sole Survivors at the end of their fantasy brackets after last eliminating the two-time Tag Team of the Year, The Usos. Likewise, nobody thought team captains The New Day would be eliminated by the same Usos about two minutes into the match, but there we are. However, the impressiveness of Cesaro & Sheamus’ performance, combined with The New Day’s gaffe, led Raw’s brain trust to sanction a Raw Tag Team Title Match between the two tandems for tonight. It’s fair to say the heavy-hitters turned a corner at Survivor Series; now, can they come through in the clutch against the suddenly-vulnerable champions?

Strong as its weakest link
    Raw’s Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair said for weeks that Bayley would be the “weak link” of the red brand’s Women’s Survivor Series team … and then The Huggable One went and won the match. By Bayley-to-Bellying SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, Bayley cemented herself and Charlotte as Raw’s Sole Survivors. The Queen was quick to put Bayley in her place after the match by beating her down, but were Bayley’s efforts at Survivor Series enough to merit a Raw Women’s Title opportunity?

List this!
    Shockingly, The List of Jericho didn’t play just a part in the 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match; it was the direct cause of not one, but two eliminations — Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. First, Owens was disqualified after smashing AJ Styles over the head with The List to save Jericho. Then Jericho, in his despair over The List’s destruction, walked right into an RKO from SmackDown LIVE’s Randy Orton. But Jericho did look incredibly upset at his best friend before The Viper sent him to the showers. Forget making The List; could The List unmake Jeri-KO before all is said and done?

Give The Man his due
    Eyebrows were raised when Seth Rollins revealed he’d been recruited by Stephanie McMahon, of all people, to lend his talents to Team Raw. However, The Architect was quick to clarify that certain “assurances” had been made in exchange for his participation. Well, Team Raw’s Men’s squad lost at Survivor Series, and win, lose or draw, Rollins may well be coming to collect on Stephanie’s word tonight on Raw. Will the defeat nullify The Architect’s arrangement with Raw’s Commissioner? Or will the former WWE World Champion get what’s coming to him?

SKY SPORTS 5 @ 01:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a reward for Sheamus and Cesaro is to put them, who fought a long hard match, i a title match against New Day who pretty much had the night off last night?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So a reward for Sheamus and Cesaro is to put them, who fought a long hard match, i a title match against New Day who pretty much had the night off last night?

Hopefully another suprise tonight with New Day dropping the titles without breaking the record. Really makes no sense having this title match tonight if New Day are gonna retain yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Kevin Owens may start shining the belt up for GOLDBERG

That was a fun crowd except for the minority of gob****es chanting You Screwed Bret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love it.

He's back and everyone is NEXT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really hope they let New Day break that record. They've been the most consistently entertaining thing about WWE for over a year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really hope they let New Day break that record. They've been the most consistently entertaining thing about WWE for over a year.
    I disagree. I find their shtick has gotten tired, and I just want them to sod off. They 100% should have dropped the titles to Gallows and Anderson.

• Advertisement

The New Day can't even go full heel as they are to much of a tweener now.

I don't mind New Day breaking the record since they've been building it up for ages, but I really hope the next day they lose the titles because it's tiresome now.

I thought that was hilarious when Jericho called the interviewer Charles but the fans didn't pop for it like I did.

Lana's face was awesome

Rusev walked her away with his hand over her eyes. :D

Rusev is great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rusev walked her away with his hand over her eyes. :D

Rusev is great.
    If Rusev doesn't get a WWE/Universal title reign at some point, I'll be baffled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jericho is so good.

• Advertisement

Chris & Kevin are amazing.

No DQ title match with Jericho & Reigns banned from ringside.

So if it's a no DQ match whats to stop them ignoring the ringside ban and interfering ....WWE logic for you.

No DQ but Jericho and Reigns are banned. How is that enforced?

Anyway, there will be some shenanigans. HHH?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

have gallows and anderson destroy rollins during the main event and then cost reigns the us title (dropping to jericho) next week as payback for their boy Styles

shield vs bullet club at mania with a massive build up would be awesome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't mind New Day breaking the record since they've been building it up for ages, but I really hope the next day they lose the titles because it's tiresome now.

I'd LOVE if they brought up the Revival to win the titles a few days before they broke the record. Instant heel heat for them.

Anyway, good Raw overall.

<3 the meta element of Jericho in a Sin Cara mask after the stories of their fight a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

i was never a huge goldberg fan but ever since hes back hes been brilliant pity the two sides couldnt come together years ago like this

So why was Zayn the only one that was punished?

Any date yet for Emmalina?

And what is not-Renee's name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So why was Zayn the only one that was punished?

I don't know but his punishment is the exact same thing as he asked for a few weeks ago when he requested a match with Braun Strowman.
    Any date yet for Emmalina?

Yeah, she's dating Zack Ryder. WWWYKI.
    And what is not-Renee's name?

Charles 'Charly' Caruso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just watching Jericho again, Roman loved the segment as much as i did, i can see him shake with laughter when Jericho sees ellsworth in the corner, lol

Rollins was also laughing

It's that time of the bastard week again folks, another Monday..

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Quick preview

Raw Women’s Championship collision in The Queen City
    At WWE Hell in a Cell, Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks for the Raw Women’s Title in The Boss’ hometown of Boston. This coming Monday night, “The Queen” anticipates yet another victory over her former friend – this time, on her own home turf of Charlotte, N.C.

However, judging by what transpired this past Monday night, Flair might need a bit more than just a home field advantage. Teaming up with Nia Jax against Banks and Bayley, Charlotte suffered defeat when she tapped out to the Bank Statement. Will “The Queen” suffer the same humiliating fate in her birthplace? Watch the throne.

Is the sun setting on The New Day?
    As they told WWE.com this past Monday night, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson are out to end The New Day’s “fairy tale,” and hope to derail the Raw Tag Team Champions in their quest to surpass Demolition’s record-setting 478-day tag team title reign.

And yet, Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston have proven time and again that they’ll do anything it takes to keep the titles resting comfortably above their gyrating hips. Will their ingenuity again pay off on Monday night, or will Francesca II Turbo be playing a sad tune as the trio’s dreams of becoming the greatest team in history are dashed by the “good brothers”? Regardless, you won’t want to miss what’s sure to be an intense championship battle.

An altogether different “Gift of Jericho”
    It was a few days before Black Friday, but Kevin Owens got an early holiday present from Chris Jericho this past Monday night, when the curator of “The List” — who had been banned from ringside during the show’s WWE Universal Championship No Disqualification Match — appeared from the crowd in a Sin Cara mask to ambush Seth Rollins. The incognito assault gave The Prizefighter the distraction he needed to put away The Architect and save “The Kevin Owens Show” from near-certain cancellation.

Rollins isn’t one to let things go lightly, and he’s definitely going into Raw with retribution on his mind. But who will be first to face his wrath, Owens or Jericho?

The Brian Kendrick’s Swann song
    The Brian Kendrick takes a lot of credit for the creation of 205 Live — premiering this coming Tuesday night on WWE Network — but that inaugural broadcast just might mark the end of his career-rejuvenating reign as WWE Cruiserweight Champion. Winning a Triple Threat Match last Monday night, Rich Swann has emerged as The Wizard of Odd’s No. 1 contender. Given the world-renowned grappler’s tenacity in recent weeks, we’re not quite sure if Kendrick can handle all that Swann’s preparing to dish out.

Will Monday be Kendrick’s final Raw atop the Cruiserweight division?

Nude awakening for Enzo Amore & Big Cass
    A shower prank forced a soaking wet (and very exposed) Enzo Amore into an awkward situation with Lana this past Monday, and it was that indecent that fueled Rusev’s aggressive mauling of The Certified G later that night.

Confident that he’s the “bigger” man, The Super Athlete boasted about his victory in a post-match interview with WWE.com, and delivered a stern warning to Enzo’s pal Big Cass to “stay out of the way.” How will Cass respond Monday night?

SKY SPORTS 5 @ 01:00, Whatculture WTF Moments to follow at some point tomorrow..

Can't believe this Charlotte/Sasha thing is still going. A HIAC match should be the huge blow-off for a feud but nope, they're still going.

Wouldn't mind if it was entertaining but it's not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't believe this Charlotte/Sasha thing is still going. A HIAC match should be the huge blow-off for a feud but nope, they're still going.

At this stage they're building to a Charlotte/Bailey match so I'd expect some kind of Shenanigans in tonight's match.

WWE dragging it out longer than was needed, should be Bayley challenging, instead Sasha gets another shot..

Sasha to win the title again on a episode of Raw, wouldnt put it past them.

Sasha to win the title again on a episode of Raw, wouldnt put it past them.

SASHAWINSLOL :pac:

• Advertisement

Who is Sasha going to move on to? Dana must be free now. :) Or Nia Jax

Roman just comes across as a smug petulant idiot pretty much all the time. Seems they've given up on the blue contact lenses though, which was a weird thing to have happen in the first place.

That segment summed up what's wrong with wrestling nowadays - main babyface (well, in their eyes at least) comes down to the ring to square off with the main heel and champion. For what purpose? Well...a chat.

Contrast that with a week or two ago where you had Goldberg and Lesnar having to be separated in case they tore each other apart. That is what the main program should be like.

Seems like Jericho and Owens are having a phony split here. I expect Jericho to turn up in the main event and help Owens.

Seems like Jericho and Owens are having a phony split here. I expect Jericho to turn up in the main event and help Owens.

Its looking that way

Yeah, it'd genuinely be more surprising if he didn't help Owens.

Edit: Rollins attack was actually a bit surprising.

What a pointless way to just waste time. Charlotte retains via count out, and instead of restarting the match then and there, they say it will restart but not until later on in the night.

Which means Dana Brook can interfere legally, and charlette retains

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought he would have done a Last Woman Standing match

WWE; where it's fine to show women your dick, but you're the heel if you're against your wife being sexually harassed.

• Advertisement

ahh APA memories

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement