Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddys Airsoft Video Channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

FRUoddy wrote: »
    A gun cam will NEVER be anything else other than a gun cam. Lol. What were you guys expecting.

Nothing, was just saying your other videos were better(complement to the other videos) and rather than put up all the gun cam footage in one block, edit out small bits of action and piece them together. People might find that more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

No Spielberg specials this time round I am afraid. I was not the camera man yesterday so the quality of the filming is a bit ropey ( I mean more than usual) I will try to edit it up a bit and make it watchable. Should be a new one up by tomorrow. Just having a copyright queen check it out first :p

A good worksman always blames his tools :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ok first thing first. I will explain this again cause some people either can't read or just don't get it.

I decided to use a gun cam as a bit of an experiment. I wanted to see the game from a different perspective. IT IS NOT HD QUALITY. IT IS NOT AS GOOD AS MY OTHER CAMERA. IT HAS A LIMITED USE.

The battle axe is for ease of use whilst filming, that said I see nothing wrong with them. They are another tool for airsoft. No different to using a SAW( I understand the snobbery of milsim mid cap etc. but I just don't agree with it)

I didn't pay attention to the comments because I had no idea which vid he was talking about. If it was the Daz incident......well that was put to bed ages ago.

I will not ' embarrass ' a player by showing a close up (so he is identifiable) not taking his hits. The 'Overkill' quote was to highlight how it can be frustrating for players thats all.

I have some real good footage of blatant non hit taking, but its stored away along with the JFK and Roswell files for future reference :D

My apologies to you and Daz...I didn't realise this had been discussed already. Sorry for bringing this up again,
    I was wondering why u had left it in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

when i turned on this video was expeting to see a lot of the ground but was pleastly surpised your arms must have been kill you holding it up all the time, best gun cam video i have seen, still prefer the close up videos though keep up the good work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah very constructive.

A gun cam will NEVER be anything else other than a gun cam. Lol. What were you guys expecting.

That wasnt meant as a sarky comment, just saying that your other ones were super clear at 720p and this one is much less, Maybe ya should tape the good camera to the gun next time and stick a little bit of perspex in front if it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

Funny you say that Rich but I did indeed make a box to house the camera that could be attached to the BattleAxe. Mark said I looked a spanner so I gave up :D maybe I will resurrect the idea

Anyway here's the next vid lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

is it my peepers or does the lad in the OD at the start have nothing on his peepers

moggser wrote: »
    is it my peepers or does the lad in the OD at the start have nothing on his peepers

lol, what does OD mean. I am walking away at the start with no glasses on but sure the other team can't reach you from where they were and its only me anyway.

Olive Drab the bdu the lad in Green jaysis Brian ya've been indoors too long

gosh admiting you didnt wear glasses Brian tsk tsk that not normal

best o luck wiv the new place bye the way look forward to see it

moggser wrote: »
    Olive Drab the bdu the lad in Green jaysis Brian ya've been indoors too long

gosh admiting you didnt wear glasses Brian tsk tsk that not normal

best o luck wiv the new place bye the way look forward to see it

Thank you very much Moggymog, if you look closely (pause it maybe) you will the chap has wee shades on. I'm invincible boss, thats the only reason I would even dear.

• Advertisement

when i looked at it on the big screen ya can see them yella ones when i saw it on the small version everytime i paused it the airsoft reloaded sign popped down and blocked it lol

love that site in the summer must get up soon for a brapper day

And here's the next one........

The RATS (nearly 20 in total) are heading up to Oakridge, Kildare on Sunday 30th. As per usual I will be making a few vids. So if anyone wants to be famous and stop those ugly RATS stealing all the limelight then get yourself up there this sunday.

Regards

Oddy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Oakridge video thread merged with your Current video thread please use it.
    Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

ok,big ask..to mods,can we get fruoddy vids channel to a sticky??
    do we need to get a vote,im askin because his videos
    are a great ad for irish airsoft,or maybe its just me...
    awaitin a reply.
    thank you
    deco
    just look at the hits scoutthedoggie gets..
    and oddys gettin good reviews on other sites now
    so why not...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i would say for the same reason a lot of other projects and events do not get sticked, there are already a ton of stickys :)

but hay stop posting new threads keep everything together and with the number of updates its always going to up the top

edit: you could probably get a general video thread like the photo threads stickyed as it normal the group/community threads that everyone can contribute content to are stickys ( like the photos stuff ) instead of individual projects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

cheers pudding,but thier is no video sticky here,and also im thinkin
    only oddy an mods can post,not really that many stickys here tbh
    well,on the videos side of it:D
    plus he does did for free
    no profit,unlike events,ect......
    so i dont see why not?

i have actually asked to via pm to a number of mods to have this thread stickied but in fairness they know what they are doing so I will let them get on with it.

Apologies to the mods for multi- threading.....its funny sometimes you do not see your errors till they are pointed out to you....thanks Andy ;)

That said I do hope its alright to not only put the links to the vids on this thread but also to the relevant sites thread in the adverts section as I feel this helps promote their site. And yes I do this for free. All I want to do is help promote airsoft. (i also enjoy video editing)

thanks for ALL the positive feedback.

Shud be another vid up by Wednesday.

Regards

Oddy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Must give these a nosey when I get home hearing some decent stuff ;)

Ok here's the last of The Quarry vids

Introducing the Tank!

Thanks again for watching and hope you enjoy

regards

oddy

• Advertisement

Well made, fair play FRUoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

it turns out its hard to video and marshall at the same time and people don't like someone with a high vis looking over their shoulder... it seems to give their position away :D

thanks to oddy for coming up and getting some footage over the weekend, just sorry my vids weren't any better :o

Ok here's the first up of the OakRidge vids

Hope you enjoy

Please remember to Subscribe to my Channel

Regards

Oddy

And the next one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

you are to me like what eastenders is to my wife :p:p

Well then here's the next episode for ya then :D

And the second part to the last one

And the last vid of the OakRidge set

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Oddy are you planning on working your way through all the sites in and around the GDA or just the odd few you play at yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Oddy is away on hols for the next couple of weeks so I hope he doesn't mind me answering on his behalf.

He does plan to get round to most, if not all of the sites in the GDA but he has no schedule set out. He plays with the RATS so it will partly depend on when/where they skirmish. I know he definitely wants to visit Red Barn soon but other than that I honestly can't say.

Advertisement