Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddys Airsoft Video Channel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What if it "fell off the truck" on the way back to the store? ;)

No problem, it was only a suggestion. Glad to see you liked it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

Noob question; How can they use pyro on site? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Because the site is up north and its legal up there :)

Oooo....Ooooo I forgot to mention....I have a new website to fill in the Youtube gaps!

web.me.com/oddysairsoft

check it out guys

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Had a look :P good to know where the name oddy came from finally ! :)

I want to set up an Irish airsoft gallery on my website so if you want to email me a jpeg of yourself in action I will set up a dedicated page for you guys!

Email me at oddyairsoft@eircom.net

naturally you will have to agree for me to use your picture but it's for a good cause!!!!! Irish Airsofting Promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

We should give up this YouTube gig Oddy, I've just found the perfect YouTube/airsoft presenter and I could never hope to live up to their standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6KygZMF6M&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

We should give up this YouTube gig Oddy, I've just found the perfect YouTube/airsoft presenter and I could never hope to live up to their standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6KygZMF6M&feature=related

God damm! :eek:

....look at those sunglasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

pfft!!!really? and here's some sunglasse's??really:p
    i think i want to hear more bout our toys,less tittie....
    oh ****e,im gettin old.cos my other thought of train
    she must be cold!hey leave it,cos im all bout the
    airsoft.....(unlesss she make her way to ireland,then ye will hear a diffrent story),cos i've a horse outside(and a big one in me pants))sing it:o:p:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Oddy, have you ever tought about doing some filming at a milsim ? Ive never been to a milsim before and id say alot more people would like to know how it compares to a normal skirmish and then decide wether its there thing or not without going and spending money on mids etc to find its not there thing, i know it wont give a proper insight as to what really happens at a milsim but it would give people an idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Great vid oddys :D, just glad i wasnt in it ;) made a show fo myself in those tunnels :p:p

• Advertisement

Do not turn that MP9 on the kids... Im watching you...

That was an epic ending! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Damn it Oddy!! Ya made me want one now. Have to say love the bloopers I was hoping you would do a blooper reel at some point.

Right im off to count the pennies.

love the mess ups oddy... brilliant :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

MP9 very tempting.....

Seriously when you guys hold one and pull the trigger and feel the kick and get the rush of gas in your face.....You will buy one immediately! I had no intention of getting one of these but loved it as soon as I picked it up but loved it even more when I fired it! I will tart it up with lights, sights and lasers but I have to say I am well pleased with my find (well I owe it to Peter in Gotac who has 30 odd Mp9's arriving in his shop any day now in Tan,Od and Black! Sorry about the plug!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

Update,

we have both versions of the black model (20 of each) on pre order due in towards the end of the month, od green and tan versions to be released later in the year. We are talking pre orders and they are going quick call the wexford store on 053-9126844 to secure yours,:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

Like the new backdrop-cool:cool:

FRUoddy wrote: »

Whats the retail on one?

I believe RRP is €265 but Oddy will need to confirm.

No idea how much extra mags are, not sure anyone has the in yet but I'm guessing they will be in same ballpark as the KWA Glock 50rd mags, ~€50.

thanks mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

when do we get to see the video you filmed on sunday? :cool:

Settle Petal!

Loads to do before it but will get it up as soon as I can! ;)

jeesh everybody wants to be a movie star! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

jeesh everybody wants to be a movie star! :D

i already am :cool:

Really liked the comms video Oddy. One suggestion though.

Could you throw up a blank page at the end with Price Listing and Location you purchased from on the goods? I know a google would work aswell but it may just add that nice little touch at the end to really grab peoples attention "Oh! Its x euro, might just buy it".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Yea that was my question, How much was the Throat Mike and PTT?? Guess you got it off ehobby.

Keep up the vids

Actually got the throat mic and ptt from Gian of Red Storm Troopers! Cost about €50 for te whole lot an it's brill! He is on here a lot and if there were enough peeps interested he might get another batch in! I will give him a call and get him to post here for ya's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Thanks Oddy, was looking at the one on Ehobby, it was nearly 150 for the piece. Our team are finally getting comms sorted, we decided to go without for a while to get signalling up to scratch. Now we are looking at headsets and all that. Have to say good timing with the video.

All the other comms came from ehobbyasia via Tony at Eirsoft.ie!

I have purposely kept away from giving prices in the vids for a number of reasons an will continue to do so! I know it would be easier for the viewer but I feel it would cause more probs than it would fix ;)

Fair enough, at least tell us where you got the stuff in the end? I know you mentioned ehobby but nothing of Red Storm or even Eirsofts implication. Here was me trolling ehobby like a mad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

The videos are getting better every time , excellent work and your a credit to the irish airsoft scene, nice work Gerry.

Well if we have achieved nothing else over the last 10 months - we have at least put Irish Airsoft into the International Arena!

Your comment is very much appreciated Audie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

nice gear lads have to say the warrior gear is top of the range i got the ricas compact vest in OD and its savage. gerry where did you get ur jacket? does it hav a hood and is it waterproof?

• Advertisement

elDiablo79 wrote: »
    gerry where did you get ur jacket? does it hav a hood and is it waterproof?

It's the Helikon SoftShell, he got it from Eirsoft. It does have a hood and it is showerproof but not waterproof, Helikon also do a full ECWCS waterproof parka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

Decoy wrote: »
    It's the Helikon SoftShell, he got it from Eirsoft. It does have a hood and it is showerproof but not waterproof, Helikon also do a full ECWCS waterproof parka

ye im lookin for a ECWCS waterproof PARKA for senny, just tryin to find a shop that sells them here. ye nice soft shell also. thanks mark.;)

Probably won't mean much to anyone but OddysAirsoft just passed 2000 subscribers - the channel is 1 year old on March 21st!

From january 1st to 6th of Feb we got 1000+ subscribers! Pretty Cool for little ole Irish Airsoft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Probably won't mean much to anyone but OddysAirsoft just passed 2000 subscribers - the channel is 1 year old on March 21st!

From january 1st to 6th of Feb we got 1000+ subscribers! Pretty Cool for little ole Irish Airsoft!

Pretty impressive :)

Feck!, when i was reading that, i got to the part...."just passed" . I thought it said you passed away :eek: Scared the bejesus outa me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Random question, but whats the 411 on the Helikon softshell? Im thinking of grabbing one, whats it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I use the same one, in multicam (I know, I know...).
    It's nice and light - sizing is a bit big (I'm a fat fecker and medium fits me over a combat shirt). It's pretty well put together too, but then again mine hasn't been abused - yet.
    As Mark mentioned, it's shower proof, but irish winters are too much for it (sideways rain anyone?). I put it this way - I'm not going to rely on it for Senny, but for a Sunday skirmish it'll do fine.

• Advertisement

hmm, Im looking at one in general, but im taking it to senny, but not as a waterproof, but as a top for in game... sorta. You say the medium is big on you? roughly what size are you out of interest? I cant find any sizing chart on helicon's site etc. Was unsure if i should get a small and feel fat if it doesnt fit, or a med and get swamped... It looks different enough that I fancy a change tbh. Time to get back to guccisoft.

Also, Multicam aint that bad, it has its uses. (Yes, you heard it hear first)

http://www.helikon-tex.com/galeria.php

There is some sizing info on pages 30/31 of their catalogue. This may only apply to their ECWCS range but at least it will give you some indication.

Thankyou guys :)

The Helikon Softshell that I have is a Large and to be fair I am a big guy at 6ft 1 and 16 stone plus (cough!) and it's big on me!

Think I'll go for a small then if they are oversized. Just rather not get the wrong size... I dont buy clothing items online that often, especially combat gear.
    Thanks again :)

btw, how does it feel? is it a tough softshell? or am I rehashing old ground?

• Advertisement
Advertisement