Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddys Airsoft Video Channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 reidsa

keep the vids coming gerry! they're a great way of promoting the sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

Ok there's the next one for ya.......should be another one on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ok, after my b1tch fest the other day I'll try and be helpful today.

Watch how SWAT lads walk when in firing position. You lower yourself about 10% or so but can use that flexibility to keep your torso much more steady. You gotta think about it but its quite useful:)

LOL at the fall. I'd say you took a fair few hits yourself:p

Here's the next one. Enjoy.

Oddy

There will be another video midweek. Next week we will hopefully have a few videos of the Quarry.
    Hope you enjoy

Oddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

i use to do a bit of airsoft filming but not as good as this lad until my camera got nicked out of a cloakroom in a nightclub ill have to get a new camcorder and start again.....
    PS when im out shooting i always look out for where the camera man is filming and i know there is some one there.. lol

And here's the next one!

Remember to Subscribe to my Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

duke had my nerves in tatters, could see him killing all of us again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

FRUOddy,

Really enjoying the videos, keep em coming.
    I'll have to pop up there sometime soon, last time I was there was on a paintball skermish a couple of years back and it was good craic.

Well done.

Snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Its also good to see that your getting a good response on arnies aswell :)
    Keep up the good work man really enjoying your vids :)

• Advertisement

There is a big gang of us travelling up to The Quarry this sunday. Should be able to make some nice vids of this too :D

Gotac in Bray have set me up with a real sweet gun cam made by GoPro. Shall get some different footage on Sunday at the Quarry. Should make for some interesting and different viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

Nice videos man, keep them comming. :)

If I can make a sugestion. You have to come to Red Barn to make some new videos. It's a bit more interesting or different, if I can say, to what you have till now.

Roger that. I am in the Quarry tomorrow so there will be some new vids from that, Red Barn, Hrta, Fingal, Predator, Ambush....these are all places I plan to visit,play and film in. Time is the hardest thing to manage when you have so little of it. Be patient young pedewan!

Regards

Oddy

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

:D Roger, roger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Good videos mate..keep up the good work..

Out of curiousity I notice in the 6th video (capture the church and documents) at 1.48 a guy gets hit by a bb...no hit called out??
    Was it a real game or set up jsut for the video shoot?

Ok next video is up. This is filmed at The Quarry on a gun cam for a different perspective.

Enjoy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Man, that camera is ****, your original one is years ahead of it. :D cool site though.

It's not a HD camera Richie....it's a gun cam and they are always gonna look like that. It is just to try and give a different perspective. Don't worry but I am in the process of editing a proper vid :P

Out of curiousity I notice in the 6th video (capture the church and documents) at 1.48 a guy gets hit by a bb...no hit called out??
    Was it a real game or set up jsut for the video shoot?

Real game. If a player doesn't call his hits....hey...what ya gonna do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

FRUoddy wrote: »
    Real game. If a player doesn't call his hits....hey...what ya gonna do!

you put the video of it up on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

To be fair to Daz, this has already been discussed at length and those 'hits' were actually ricochets.

Oddy does have plenty of footage of blatant non-hit-taking in the many hours of video he has shot, but rather than embarass anyone or bring any focus on the negative he has chosen not to include any of it in the published videos which was definitely the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ok next video is up. This is filmed at The Quarry on a gun cam for a different perspective.

Enjoy

I see you were playing as Artillery that day..
    BattleAxe, *shudders*.

As Richie said, the other camera view was much better.
    Gun cam's are only good if you edit them after and take small bits from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

have plenty of footage of blatant non-hit-taking in the many hours of video he has shot, but rather than embarass anyone or bring any focus on the negative he has chosen not to include any of it in the published videos which was definitely the right thing to do.

strange u say that in the last published video I seen it scrolls across the bottom of the screen "player vents frustration on non hit taker by unloading" and u can clearly see both actions happening".

Ok first thing first. I will explain this again cause some people either can't read or just don't get it.

I decided to use a gun cam as a bit of an experiment. I wanted to see the game from a different perspective. IT IS NOT HD QUALITY. IT IS NOT AS GOOD AS MY OTHER CAMERA. IT HAS A LIMITED USE.

The battle axe is for ease of use whilst filming, that said I see nothing wrong with them. They are another tool for airsoft. No different to using a SAW( I understand the snobbery of milsim mid cap etc. but I just don't agree with it)

I didn't pay attention to the comments
    because I had no idea which vid he was talking about. If it was the Daz incident......well that was put to bed ages ago.

I will not ' embarrass ' a player by showing a close up (so he is identifiable) not taking his hits. The 'Overkill' quote was to highlight how it can be frustrating for players thats all.

I have some real good footage of blatant non hit taking, but its stored away along with the JFK and Roswell files for future reference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ok first thing first. I will explain this again cause some people either can't read or just don't get it.

I decided to use a gun cam as a bit of an experiment. I wanted to see the game from a different perspective. IT IS NOT HD QUALITY. IT IS NOT AS GOOD AS MY OTHER CAMERA. IT HAS A LIMITED USE.

Well, why are Experiments conducted?
    To find out a result, myself and Richie told what we thought of the result.

You are welcome for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Well Oddy, maybe you should post each vid in seperate threads and have them locked after posting them.

I can't wait to see the finished result mate, good vid by the by.

I see you were playing as Artillery that day..
    BattleAxe, *shudders*.

Yeah very constructive.

A gun cam will NEVER be anything else other than a gun cam. Lol. What were you guys expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

What were you guys expecting.

a Spielberg special not a FRUoddy Fable :):)

• Advertisement

No Spielberg specials this time round I am afraid. I was not the camera man yesterday so the quality of the filming is a bit ropey ( I mean more than usual) I will try to edit it up a bit and make it watchable. Should be a new one up by tomorrow. Just having a copyright queen check it out first :p

Advertisement