Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddys Airsoft Video Channel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    hmm, Im looking at one in general, but im taking it to senny, but not as a waterproof, but as a top for in game... sorta. You say the medium is big on you? roughly what size are you out of interest? I cant find any sizing chart on helicon's site etc. Was unsure if i should get a small and feel fat if it doesnt fit, or a med and get swamped... It looks different enough that I fancy a change tbh. Time to get back to guccisoft.

Also, Multicam aint that bad, it has its uses. (Yes, you heard it hear first)
    Sizing chart? I has one...
    See?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Jaysus.. I'm an XS.... *suprised* *goes to find cheeseburger to celebrate and ends up buying small instead*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I picked up a softshell in one of the many excellent (and money sapping) military surplus shops in that village near senny.Its a shame to go to senny and not take a stroll around the town.thanks to casper btw for tipping us off about the ribs in that hotel....... I will finish a full rack one day.
    When you're there ask puding , he'll be going back for some 5.11 t-shirts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Me and lemming took a detour to the surplus shop outside the camp. Picked up the usual crap you forget, or just go 'ooh shiny' to.

Fella offered me forces discount, and I turned him down, as I'm nolonger in, but what foxed me was he offered it to lemon too... what army is he in? the barmy army?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

This is the first of 8 vids in this series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Where can i buy that Tipex for my aeg ?. who stocks it ?.....Derek looks really happy ha ha...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Ok, who's sending Derek a big bag of horse consealed as a G36 mag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Very nice videos, a lot of ones on you tube dont have voice overs.
    It was nice to see one in real time and with nice easy relaxed explinations,
    looking forward to the rest of them.

Had to giggle a little though since at the start of video 2 its an MIA guy
    showing you how to open a gear box, and at the end of the same video you
    have a different MIA guy warning poeple not to open things. Like an angel and a devil on each shoulder
    whispering in your ears.... do it do it dooo it, and the other goes Noooo Dont Dooo it :D

The tip-ex gun is halarious. I made the mistake once of trying to use tipex to
    paint something. (I was about 12 and painted my Leader-one Gobot big mistake!) and later in my early 30's I tried to touch up mark in my ceiling as somehow my cousin managed to get a wine stain on it. Evil Evil stuff it is, dont think I would have the patients to
    cover an entire gun with the stuff though especually with the fumes and small brush!

~B

Had to giggle a little though since at the start of video 2 its an MIA guy
    showing you how to open a gear box, and at the end of the same video you
    have a different MIA guy warning poeple not to open things. Like an angel and a devil on each shoulder
    whispering in your ears.... do it do it dooo it, and the other goes Noooo Dont Dooo it

Lol Very, very funny. :D

But as Derek says -if your gun is in warranty - do not open it up - if it isn't like mine wasn't then happy days! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

Hi, just waned to say love the videos, I've been subscribed for a few months now, and I think the channel is just great!

One question though, when you are shimming the first gear(spur gear), How do you tell when it is perfect, is it the same as the others,

Thanks and love the videos :D

He's doing it wrong...

Annnywayyyy - when shimming the gears, I always make sure all of the gears have the same size shim on the underside (I've done it many, many, many times and have never had an issue with this).

If you're shimming a box, use a 0.2mm or 0.3mm shim on the underside, put the top back on, screw it down (this way, you won't shim it too tight) and test, then open it up again and add the necessary shims. Do this every time, for each gear until there is no lateral movement and so that it still spins freely.

He's doing it wrong...

Really, really surprised at you Ger ..... and a little disappointed in you. Every gun tech has his own way of doing things and just because it may differ from you doesn't mean he's wrong!

Your second part of your post was technical and informative - try and keep that way and try and loose that negativity - it only eats you up! (take it from me - someone who is a lot older and wiser in this matter - trust me it's not worth it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

MOOOOORE VIDEOS!

But I have to stick up for Lefty because I don't really see it as a different way of doing things? Using a bigger shim on the sector gear would mean there's no friction between it and the spur gear but using the same size shimming would mean the gears lock together tighter? This is one of the things I hate about airsoft, two people who really know what they're talking about but they can't agree on something. So what does some one like me do? I'm just a boy!

Sorry... rant....

I do love the way Chris does jazz hands when he says "...but we can make them faster" :p

I know the Lefty is a talented guntech. And he may indeed have something to say on the issue that is relevant and informative. If he had started with saying something along the lines of ' Having watched Chris shim the gears, I do it differently ..... and this is what I do....'

instead of

He's doing it wrong...

Annnywayyyy - when shimming the gears

Which just gets peoples backs up - because you are being condescending. That's all my point is - no Lefty witch hunt ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah I get you I suppose his wording could have been more pleasant but if he knows it's wrong I can't argue with him for stating it. And I'd hate to think that seemed like my main point the "MOOOOORE VIDEOS" bit was much more important!

I will do my best to get some more up :)

MOOOORE VIDEOS! :D

Just wondering about where he used "Element air seal grease" could you use silicone?

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    MOOOORE VIDEOS! :D

Just wondering about where he used "Element air seal grease" could you use silicone?
    Silicone oil works very well, but if you use too much you'll get it all over your barrel and hop up, so be ready to clean the barrel out a few times. I also use silicone grease, especially for bolt action rifles and semi only rifles as I find it gets greater consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Great vids Ger alot better quality and of more use than the others on YouTube wish they came before I done my gearbox:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Keep up the good work Gerry.Videos are excellent!

Doesn't short stroking reduce your fps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Doesn't short stroking reduce your fps?

If all othe parts remain the same you would expect a drop in fps ( can depend on the cylinder type ( if you short stroke a potted c type your not actually decreasing the volume that's much, if at all) normally you will be increasing the rating of your spring to maintain the fps ( downside is unless battery and motor ate up to spec you will loss some rof ), but you have a lot of factors working together, it's never a simple do this to get this increase, aegs are a sum off all parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

Good to see you are getting your voice back Kris :D:D:D Seriously though nice work guys.:)

I picked up a set of that grease/oil featured in the videos Saturday morning (or it least it looks like it)
    By chance, I nipped into the shop in Limerick and asked if they had any gear grease, and the had one pack buried at the back of a shelf.
    7.99 got me an Element MXZ 0100 Grease Set.
    which consisted of 3 different types.

Consists of a spray on clear air-seal stuff.
    blackish looking high-speed gear stuff.
    and a red coloured bearing grease.

Got too lazy and was not brave enough to go at my AUG gearbox but will give it a go when I get sent down my 3 guns I got from eirsofts ex-display etc sale.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Did you get that grease in foxes box bullets..?

Did you get that grease in foxes box bullets..?

Yep, that's the place, they've some nice stock now and surprisingly cheap prices for a lot of stuff but just
    too many people come in to look and not many people buy

BTW they have 120 Euro Discount on a
    Star L85A2 at the moment. Cant remember what the price
    was but I do remember thinking it was cheap for a STAR.

I must play about with a gear box once I get one to mess with, Last time I opened one the part of the trigger that
    held the spring snapped off, due to it being monkey/pot metal the one before that just would
    not work every time I reassembled it. The AUG gearbox is bone dry so will need to be opened at some stage.

~B

And Finally................

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

That G&G looks the business, you can't really call it a G&G. It's like a mongrel... actually there's a name suggestion for you. :p
    Have you chronoed it yet? If so, what did it read?
    also any chance of selling it on? :p :pac:

Make me an offer - I won't be selling on the eotech or mag! I wouldn't mind shifting it to make way for the next project gun!!!!!! ;) chrono about 315fps as mentioned in video!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Nicely finished, would like to know what the RoF is do after cutting teeth of the piston and sector grear.

Ok dude... I love your videos and all, they're so helpful, but I officially hate you... major jealousy! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

hi gerry chris did nice job wit ur M4. wat motor is in the gun now? it has nice single shot

Would you sell it for €200

Would you sell it for €200

Lol the upgrades I put in it cost more than that - tbh I don't think I will sell it cause I would never get the money back - and the fact I do want it for CQB! ;)

okay no problem, just offering what I had really :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

enjoy watching your videos, dont know how you are on requests but you wouldnt be doin a src mp40 video anytime soon? strongly considering gettin one

As it happens one of my good friends has the SRC mp40 and it is hands down the nicest looking and working ww2 gun so I would reccomend it hands down! I will do a review of it shortly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

As it happens one of my good friends has the SRC mp40 and it is hands down the nicest looking and working ww2 gun so I would reccomend it hands down! I will do a review of it shortly!

WINNING! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Advertisement