Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

JDD wrote: »
    Do you have to put floors in? Apologies- I’m clueless about new builds. If you do, how much does it cost approximately?

Yep, you do!

How long is a piece of string? Depends if you go for laminate, wood, semi solid, carpet, if you're putting it in yourself or hiring someone to do it etc. Three bed will be less than a four bed and so on.

Anywhere from 1-5k I'd guess is the range or possibly even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

gstones wrote: »
    Siro with Vodafone, they've given us a 4G router until they come to install it (Monday week) which is extremely fast given the proximity to the tower. You can sign up on the Vodafone shop in the Dundrum town centre.

Luas is fine to get on at any time going towards town, haven't had an issue there.

TV points are in an awkward spot by the windows but a good electrician will be able to move them for you.

All bathrooms come with tiled floors, as does the kitchen. Stairs aren't painted.

Quality of appliances is very good. Quality of fittings is variable, we had to replace every downlight as they were of poor quality, two blew in the first week.

Thanks for the heads up re lights. Is it the bulbs or the entire unit? LED might be the way to go.

gabgab wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up re lights. Is it the bulbs or the entire unit? LED might be the way to go.

Just the bulbs, not sure if that's the same on the other houses or not but I'd guess it is given they'd all be honest same product.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Haidee_Hammond

Siro with Vodafone, they've given us a 4G router until they come to install it (Monday week) which is extremely fast given the proximity to the tower. You can sign up on the Vodafone shop in the Dundrum town centre.

Luas is fine to get on at any time going towards town, haven't had an issue there.

TV points are in an awkward spot by the windows but a good electrician will be able to move them for you.

All bathrooms come with tiled floors, as does the kitchen. Stairs aren't painted.

Quality of appliances is very good. Quality of fittings is variable, we had to replace every downlight as they were of poor quality, two blew in the first week.

Thanks a lot for the insights! Vodafone siro, that's 90 euros, isn't it? (if I recall correctly with some 6 months for 25€ offer)

€45 for 150mb and €55 for 300, we went for the latter although I'm told it makes no noticeable difference and 150 is more than enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

€45 for 150mb and €55 for 300, we went for the latter although I'm told it makes no noticeable difference and 150 is more than enough

Hi, do you need to give them much notice to install? We’re likely closing tomorrow or Wednesday, so wondering will I have a shot of having the WiFi in for the weekend... any idea on lead-time to install siro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emmanolan88

Hi all, I am hoping to secure one of the 3-beds in phase three. I'm just wondering if there is any guest parking in the development? There doesn't appear to be much space for visitors to park currently, are there plans to have visitor spaces perhaps? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niran2055

Hi Guys,

Has anyone moved to the four bedroom house in phase 1. We are planning to buy a four bed house remaining in the phase 1. Is it good decision to secure a house in the phase 1 or should we wait for phase 2. What would be the pros and cons of the same. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I am hoping to secure one of the 3-beds in phase three. I'm just wondering if there is any guest parking in the development? There doesn't appear to be much space for visitors to park currently, are there plans to have visitor spaces perhaps? Thanks

I would love for someone to correct me, but not that I know of. Some houses have 2 spots in the front and some one in front of the house and one a bit further away. But no visitors spots AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhubarb1980

Hi, question to people who already moved in: did you make any changes to appliances and fittings in kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms e.g. changed gas cookers to induction or ceramic, requested more sockets/ different layout? If so at what stage did you get in contact with Park Developments?

• Advertisement

Hi, do you need to give them much notice to install? We’re likely closing tomorrow or Wednesday, so wondering will I have a shot of having the WiFi in for the weekend... any idea on lead-time to install siro?

About six weeks but they give you the 4G router straight away which works fine until it's in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shell_17

Do you mind me asking what type of house you purchased? We are hoping to close on an Elder and didn't realise the stairs wasn't painted. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel1987

Shell_17 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what type of house you purchased? We are hoping to close on an Elder and didn't realise the stairs wasn't painted. Thanks a mill!

Hi Shell,
    What do you mean by not painted? The walls and skirting are painted and the handrails are painted/matt wood finish. Just the floors are not finished like rest of house.
    Well that was the case with our elder house.
    Hope that helps?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Hi Shane, I rang Digiweb last Wednesday, had the modem sent on on Friday and it was installed today. Great customer service as well. if you quote my name and address you will get €30 off one months bill.

The price is €45 on a 12 month contract for 150mbs. Vodafone works out at €45 per month but is an 18 month contract.

Shell_17 wrote: »

Just an FYI, new builds anywhere never come with the floors finished.

The Flooring Mill fitted the showhouse, so we got him in too fit our floors. Stephen is his name, absolutely brilliant and great to deal with. He was also the best quote we found for high quality http://flooringmill.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

About six weeks but they give you the 4G router straight away which works fine until it's in
    Thank you

Question, from the ones that have already fitted the floors, was the underfloor levelled? If not how many mm? And for the difference with the kitchen /bathroom tiles? Wondering how much space we have for the underlay. Thanks! :)

Question, from the ones that have already fitted the floors, was the underfloor levelled? If not how many mm? And for the difference with the kitchen /bathroom tiles? Wondering how much space we have for the underlay. Thanks! :)

Not exactly sure on your question, but most flooring companies should be providing you with underlay as part of their price. Our carpet came with a thick underlay, probably 9mm. The laminate flooring came with a thinner underlay

Rob01 wrote: »
    Not exactly sure on your question, but most flooring companies should be providing you with underlay as part of their price. Our carpet came with a thick underlay, probably 9mm. The laminate flooring came with a thinner underlay

Thanks Rob, I guess I am considering a more DIY approach O:) at any rate I wanted to choose a better underlay, but I still don't have the keys and I don't know how high are the tiles in the kitchen/bathroom , since I assume laminate + underlay should be roughly the same. Who did you get for laminate and carpets? We are not sure of what to do with the stairs.

And, another question, is someone getting a 6ft mattress (super king)? We got one because sales, and got it delivered to his parents, and it doesn't fit up the stairs there, so I worry it won't on the new house either. I guess is a long shot, but just in case anyone else was crazy enough to get a massive bed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

And, another question, is someone getting a 6ft mattress (super king)? We got one because sales, and got it delivered to his parents, and it doesn't fit up the stairs there, so I worry it won't on the new house either. I guess is a long shot, but just in case anyone else was crazy enough to get a massive bed :)

Im pretty sure there was a super king in the juniper master bedroom so should be possible

Im pretty sure there was a super king in the juniper master bedroom so should be possible

Just checked the Juniper in the Virtual Tour and it seems to have a King size bed, but thanks anyway! :)

Thanks Rob, I guess I am considering a more DIY approach O:) at any rate I wanted to choose a better underlay, but I still don't have the keys and I don't know how high are the tiles in the kitchen/bathroom , since I assume laminate + underlay should be roughly the same. Who did you get for laminate and carpets? We are not sure of what to do with the stairs.

We used the Flooring Mill, the guys that fitted the show house. Give him a call, I would be surprised if you found a better price for the same products used in the show house. He has cheaper alternatives as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jyang_dcu

Hi All,

We are looking at the juniper house in Clay farm only since few days ago, and may I ask two questions?

1. How is the quality of the kitchen appliances? What is the brand? People said that they are not good, is it true?
    2. Any news about the eco parkland? Be honest, the back yard is not good, but it seems that the parkland could be the compensation to that. Originally, the park should be available this summer, but agent said that it would be a delay, and we do not know how long the delay is.

Thanks millions for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maykap100

Dear Friends -

I just purchased one of Elder house in phase 1.B in very heavy price. i know this is for area and Luas

1. Howz your experience with allotted parking. I am visiting Place frequently now to see progress but while looking at parking plan specially for Fen and Elder houses, this give lots of displeasure. Itn't parking is very tight when parking horizontal ? Is there space to get out from car and go inside house comfortably ?

2. House size is very decent while overall project having too many apartment building and houses. isnt overall property gonna be very congested soon ?

3. what do you think regarding eco park, when this gonna be ready ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Perhaps this is me being cynical, or perhaps it's because I bought a new build at the height of the boom that had all sorts of promises of parks and shopping centres and creches attached that never materialized when the builders went into NAMA, but I would not be buying a house in Clay Farm based on the promise that the Eco Park will be built by a certain date, or at all.

You need to be completely happy with the estate as it is, the day you get your keys. The way I see it, if the Eco Park is built it's a bonus. I take that Park Developments have been around for a long time and seem to be a good solid company, which I'm sure fully intends to follow through on the promise of an Eco Park. And I know it's part of their planning permission approval. But you never know what might happen between now and next year. It may be the case that if their plans for the 900 further units gets refused again, they may not have the cash for the Eco Park. And you can be sure it's not part of purchasing contracts.

Another few questions for you all that have moved in already

- how much was the booking deposit in Phase 1?
    - how much is the full deposit on signing contracts?
    - how soon between launch and signing contracts?

@jyang_dcu I seem to recall @gstones was quite happy with the appliances, brands are zanussi for washing machine/dryer and electrolux for the kitchen, no idea about the quality, but I checked out of curiosity online reviews for washing machine/dryer and they seem fine. They might not be the posher part of the range, but they definitely don't seem to be bad quality either.

As for the parking, eco park, sorry lads, not a clue, but would love to know myself.

I have a question myself for @gstones or @Rob01, did you guys get your BER certificate? Is that specific to your house? What was the result? A friend of mine into the building business has been bugging me around airtightness on new builds, and I was wondering if there is reason to worry or anything that can be done.

Nope, don't think we got it.

Just had Siro put in and they've messed up the wiring for it in seemingly every house. It still works but the two wires should be beside each other but are on either side of the door.

Requires Power Line Adaptors at c. €100 to fix or a line ran up and over the front door and back down the other side. The staff installing the line were baffled at how they managed to get that wrong.

Overall happy with the house and estate but there's quite a few simple things like that, the TV point etc that they're got wrong, pretty poor for a new build.

JDD wrote: »
    Perhaps this is me being cynical, or perhaps it's because I bought a new build at the height of the boom that had all sorts of promises of parks and shopping centres and creches attached that never materialized when the builders went into NAMA, but I would not be buying a house in Clay Farm based on the promise that the Eco Park will be built by a certain date, or at all.

You need to be completely happy with the estate as it is, the day you get your keys. The way I see it, if the Eco Park is built it's a bonus. I take that Park Developments have been around for a long time and seem to be a good solid company, which I'm sure fully intends to follow through on the promise of an Eco Park. And I know it's part of their planning permission approval. But you never know what might happen between now and next year. It may be the case that if their plans for the 900 further units gets refused again, they may not have the cash for the Eco Park. And you can be sure it's not part of purchasing contracts.

Another few questions for you all that have moved in already

- how much was the booking deposit in Phase 1?
    - how much is the full deposit on signing contracts?
    - how soon between launch and signing contracts?

Haven't moved in, but if it helps:
    -10% (total, aka, 10% minus the 10k, and whatever HTB if you had any)
    - a couple of months? I guess it depends on how fast you and your solicitor are, it took us less than one month from the phase 1B to be released until we signed (you have this 28 days clause if you want appliances to be included). For move in, we haven't yet, but some people have, and they were in the pre-launch in Sept, so... 5 months-ish?

• Advertisement

Nope, don't think we got it.

Just had Siro put in and they've messed up the wiring for it in seemingly every house. It still works but the two wires should be beside each other but are on either side of the door.

Requires Power Line Adaptors at c. €100 to fix or a line ran up and over the front door and back down the other side. The staff installing the line were baffled at how they managed to get that wrong.

Overall happy with the house and estate but there's quite a few simple things like that, the TV point etc that they're got wrong, pretty poor for a new build.

Thanks a lot @gstones. Would you have any more examples? Might be useful to know.

Advertisement