Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmakers Bitch/Moan/Groan thread - See mod warning Post 1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Why don't you just send them the number? Hardly sounds an unreasonable request.

Yea going to send on, I know its not going to be given away or anything but an email beforehand would of been nice rather than trying to log on and my account is suspended.

PP just annoying me as had problems with their live bets too and just wanted to be awkward torwards them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As already said, everybody is doing it now.
    The T&C's when you sign up first (not that anybody ever reads them) say you will have to verify your account if asked.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

<accusations of illegal activity snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Boyles have changed their Golf offers :mad:.
    Used to be Cash Back if 2nd or 3rd in (mostly) both Sky tournaments weekly.
    Now changed to Money Back as a FREE BET so stake not refunded any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Recommended I crosspost this here. I have a picture of the docket too
    Austria! wrote: »
    Right lads, hopefully someone has some advice for me here. I made a bet with boylesports (both online and in shops) on Eden Hazard to be in the PFA team of the year as a midfielder. The docket itself says "PFA team of the year Midfielders". I went to the shop to collect, and they said it was paying out as a dead heat. I explained the bet and how it couldn't be a dead heat, the man in the shop rang someone to check and then they paid me out in full. However, the online bet was paid out as a dead heat and when I went to live chat they referred it to a trader and the still say it's a dead heat. What do I do here, I really can't leave it as its €700 I'm missing out on and they're completely in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

refer it to ibas http://www.ibas-uk.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

curehead wrote: »
    refer it to ibas http://www.ibas-uk.com/

yes. bet is a clear winner. imagine the amount of people theyve cheated out of winnings that wont bother to follow it up. disgusting tactic thats becoming all too common in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I went in to paddy bookies wrote down my online account name and gave them 20 euro. Into account no issue. Can I walk in tomorrow and withdraw the same way?

Deco99 wrote: »
    I went in to paddy bookies wrote down my online account name and gave them 20 euro. Into account no issue. Can I walk in tomorrow and withdraw the same way?

yep as long as you have verified your account. you will also need to get a cash card which are free to obtain in store. its fairly handy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

ianburke wrote: »
    yep as long as you have verified your account. you will also need to get a cash card which are free to obtain in store. its fairly handy

cant get a bet on with any of these scum bookmakers scandal it is

• Advertisement

I went to the shop to collect, and they said it was paying out as a dead heat. I explained the bet and how it couldn't be a dead heat, the man in the shop rang someone to check and then they paid me out in full.

How could there be a dead heat if the bet was !to make a team"?

I would get back onto Live Chat and say (don't mention it was you) that someone else you know had a bet in the shop and got paid the full amount.
    IBAS would be the next port of call.

Every time I collect from Boylesports, it takes them ages to pay out and the staff member will look at you as if you were doing something wrong.

cant get a bet on with any of these scum bookmakers scandal it is

Which ones?

Which ones?

Any of them online shops is fine but who has time to run around to shops every morning trying to get best prices

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How could there be a dead heat if the bet was !to make a team"?

I would get back onto Live Chat and say (don't mention it was you) that someone else you know had a bet in the shop and got paid the full amount.
    IBAS would be the next port of call.

Every time I collect from Boylesports, it takes them ages to pay out and the staff member will look at you as if you were doing something wrong.

That's a bizarre decision. I can accept that errors are made and I suppose a result can be settled incorrectly but surely as soon as the complaint was made Boyles could see this and rectify it and resettle the market. Don't see why there had to be such a runaround when it was pointed out to them. Especially when if they fixed it once for the shop bet already.

Terrible company. Have an account with them but it's so rare they go top price on anything that the one time this past football season they were top price on my selection I couldn't remember my account details.

Purveyor of cartoon racing with comfortable chairs is all they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

To quote Barney Curley - "They wouldn't lay two bananas to a banana"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Right my boylesports problem was all sorted, I sorted it with them but I think it was only when I threatened to take it to IBAS did they clear it up. It had already been reviewed by their trading department once and they didn't clear it up the first time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭La danseuse au cheval

I currently have a PP account and a Betfair account, for betting on horse racing.

I know it's often said that it's best to have several accounts. Going to set up a third account today - any advice for the best bookie for online betting on horse racing?

Apologies if this has been covered already; it's a very long thread! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I currently have a PP account and a Betfair account, for betting on horse racing.

I know it's often said that it's best to have several accounts. Going to set up a third account today - any advice for the best bookie for online betting on horse racing?

Pinnacle for any type of sports betting!

There all rancid shut you down in a second that help

To quote Barney Curley - "They wouldn't lay two bananas to a banana"

you dont have to be barney curely for them to turn you away rancid outfits the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Bet365 their back a winner on channel 4 with a SP of 4/1 or more free bet is a great offer

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Bet365 their back a winner on channel 4 with a SP of 4/1 or more free bet is a great offer

until they close your account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

:mad:

Betfair now passing on the 1.5% charge on deposits for VISA cards.

I think they are the only bookmaker to do this?

Betfair Customer Services:

"Really sorry, there's been a technical issue with Irish debit cards today.

Any customer charged 1.5% on these deposits will be refunded shortly."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

365 for the soccer offers alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Had a 9/2 (morning price) winner in a race in Tipperary yesterday with 888sport. There was a rule 4 deduction, looks like I lost 25%. Thing is I got paid out less than the sp. Didn't seem right, should I get back to them

Surely I should get the sp at the very minimum?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

"Best Price Guaranteed" aside and assuming that you do not get the best price guaranteed then I understand that the rules of racing state that if the withdrawal occurs prior to the formation of a new market and the SP under the new market is not less than the original price then you are paid out at the original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can't find last man standing on paddy power new app. Any idea where?

The offers they have for the new app are unbelievable, todays were Argentina 3/1 to beat Brazil or Brazil 3/1 to beat Argentina max stake 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

What should happen here.. Put an accumulator on in shop. Last leg was Treviso +26 which i saw on coupon. Arrive to collect told sorry the correct line was 25. As a 'goodwill gesture' we will void that part of bet. Surely this isn't right? Why did they take bet if the line on coupon was incorrect and never checked before taking bet.

Advertisement