Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

We’ve come from well behind in 3 games in a row. While it’s great we show winning mentality and resilience, we’re also on the edge of a hiding if we keep starting so slow. Limerick will play for 70 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I thought Kearney was shafted by the linesman.

That linesman (Horgan, who else ).

Seriously like? He was blessed not to get a straight red and Gleeson had to be taken off before he was put off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DiscoStew wrote: »
    My view was slightly obscured of the incident but what I thought happened was Kearney and Harte tussled for a ball in the air after a free had been given in our back line. It seemed like Harte struck Kearney in some manner, not sure of the exact nature, and Kearney ripped the hurl out of his hands and threw it away. Maybe the throwing of the hurl is a yellow I don’t know, but it certainly wasn’t done without reason was my view of it. Harte went a long way out of his way to find Kearney after full time and seemed like he was offering some sort of an apology or explanation.
    Perhaps I missed something to say you felt Kearney could have seen a straight red??

Would you have changed your opinion after seeing the highlights last night. It was a wild stroke from Kearney. Very unusual for him. Luckily it didn't connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

We’ve come from well behind in 3 games in a row. While it’s great we show winning mentality and resilience, we’re also on the edge of a hiding if we keep starting so slow. Limerick will play for 70 minutes.

Limerick won yesterday without ever being troubled (Dublin using the sweeper system etc. etc. a contributing factor).

Limerick's half back line is very strong and well able to win high balls. Conversely, Waterford's half forward line, though good in general play, are weak in this area ; but on a positive note, Hogan did pluck a ball (in the half forward line) from the air on his first touch and promptly despatched it over the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

How are tickets for final being managed. Only through clubs or general release also?

deisedevil wrote: »
    How are tickets for final being managed. Only through clubs or general release also?

General I'd say. No bother in getting them, crowd wont be over 40K. I'd say closer to 30K attendance

KevIRL wrote: »
    General I'd say. No bother in getting them, crowd wont be over 40K. I'd say closer to 30K attendance

Thought as much.

Shame it can't be played in Thurles at the minute.

Thought as much.

I think its a huge positive and a very important factor in the development of this team that it is being played in Croke Park.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think its a huge positive and a very important factor in the development of this team that it is being played in Croke Park.

Yes. That's very true. I was just thinking selfishly for travel, and I prefer match days in Thurles. 😂

• Advertisement

Thought as much.

I think the experience of playing a national final in Croke Park will stand to the team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭upthedeise16

I felt yesterday watching Dublin was like watching Waterford under McGrath, they lacked the presence up front and hadn’t the numbers up to score enough against Limerick.
    While their long distance shots went over against Tipp, they didn’t yesterday. Sean Moran hurled a lot of ball as Dublin sweeper, but Tom Condon had a field day as the free man in the Limerick defense. Limerick were able to pop passes to free defenders and work the ball out of defense at their ease with runners off the shoulders and tbh, their delivery to their forwards should have been better. Enjoyed seeing Eoin O’Donnell in the flesh again yesterday and is as fine a full-back in the country, uncompromising and I thought he was outstanding but the corner backs we’re struggling beside him.
    The Gaelic Grounds for last years munster championship match against limerick was a dark day. Our half back line which included Brick couldn’t live with the movement and pace of the Limerick attack and we really struggled, I think we are in a better place now to put pressure on the Limerick deliveries as if you leave Byrnes and co deliver good ball, the Limerick attack will hurt you. We need to stop their runners off the shoulder by going man to man which I think we will under Fanning which is great.
    I know Prendergast did well yesterday but I still am not sure who should partner Barron in midfield but i learned that Dunford is not the right man which was my opinion already. I don’t think Austin Gleeson in the man to partner Barron either as marking a midfielder could see Gleeson score 3 points but his marker 4. It’s a hard call as Moran has been good in the halfback line. I’d go with Prender for next week.
    I feel Limerick are strong at midfield and O’Donavan doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Lynch will do fantastic things sporadically and pop up with a score or an outrageous assist but the work his midfield partner gets through is immense. For me O’Donavan’s workrate, tackling and excellent stick delivery makes him much more important to Limerick as well as being able to drive a sideline 65 yards, he’s so underrated and destroyed us last year in the Gaelic Grounds.
    I’m looking forward to the week ahead, Waterford will be tired after 3 weeks in a row but it should be a great final and a great test for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Great result yesterday, credit to the lads for digging in when the chips were down. Was fearing the worst after 5-10mins as Galway we’re cutting through us with ease. Even going down to 14 I thought Galway would use the spare man to nudge ahead and wrap it up but we came up with crucial scores when they mattered.

I think playing the final in Croker next weekend is great. A huge game against the reigning AI champions in CP will bring on all of the lads, that’ll be great experience for the likes of Kearney (assuming he’s not suspended?), Lyons, Prendergast, Hogan, Roche etc. No harm trying to get as much exposure to playing there as we might only get an average of one trip there a year. We’d want to be trying to banish those days of hoodoo’s with Croke Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Having examined the "Aussie gate" video really closely, I would take a number of issues with the tweet and comments.

1. As i see it Aussie does go to ground and while his left-knee appears to come down it is not clear if it connects with the Galway player , but his it is almost certain that his right knee does not make any contact an this is the contact the tweeter seems to be referring to as she mentions the lower back. If you look carefully he is in fact bending trying to pick up the ball and not trying to land on the Galway player.

2. If you watch for the reaction of the Galway player, No 7 who is a mere foot way from the incident with a 100% clear view, there is no reaction whatsoever. If there was an suspicion of Aussie "dropping the knee", it would most certainly have been seen and would have provoked a reaction .

3. The injury sustained by the Galway player was almost certainly caused by a awkard fall where his arm got caught by Tommy Ryan in a rather stupid and clumsy tackle.

This i am afraid is something of witch -hunt on Aussie, and anyone trying to who is trying to compare this with the filthy and blatant stroke last week on Shane Bennett needs both their eyes and their heads examined.

I genuinely hope Joe Canning injury is not in anyway serious and that he is back soon, he is a great and hard hurler but anyone complaining about the ferocity of the challange should look back at the shoulder Shane Bennett received in the Galway game in Walsh Park two weeks ago, both of them were almost identical, very fair but both bone shuddering challanges.

Very happy with both result and performance yesterday. It was far from a vintage performance but you cannot expect that every week, when you have an off day as happens, it is important to dig in a grind out a result, taking whatever luck goes your way. that was what we did yesterday, we dug deep, we cling onto their coat tails and came good in the end. Form me I think management are making mostly the right calls at the right times and the panel are really buying into it.

Next week is a massive challenge, and i am looking forward to seeing how we perform against Limerick. Another really good step in the right direction yesterday but a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

JeffKenna wrote: »
    puzl wrote: »
    Nice to see the same people who lined up last week to complain about the shot to the stones on Stephen Bennet are out again today. What, what was that we heard last week? Crickets? Colour me unsurprised.

I've watched the Gleeson thing back a few times and perhaps I'm blind but I can't see his knee making contact at all.
    Yep ,you're blind or at least visually impaired

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RayVaughan1984

Waterford are going to have a long summer.. Strength in depth and some very classy hurlers.

Barron is key..Such a class act. Gleeson needs to sort his discipline and even in a positional sense,if Waterford channel him effectively they can win an AI this year. Joe Canning,for all his flair and class which he has in abundance would want to quit the moaning after every free committed considering they are always stone wall frees,is he expecting special treatment?appears so. Impressed with Waterford's attitude throughout

Galway will be a major force yet,but would want to cut down on the aimless shooting especially by likes of Johnny Coen at times under zero pressure, however with Burkes and Cooney to come back,they will be a different animal.

Would have to fear for Tipp in Thurles,can see Waterford dispatching us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

What in the name of jaysus was the Galway lad doing tapping over the last free with 20 seconds of injury time left. Not a single Galway forward went close to the Waterford goal for a dropping ball....did Galway think there was more time left to be played?

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    What in the name of jaysus was the Galway lad doing tapping over the last free with 20 seconds of injury time left. Not a single Galway forward went close to the Waterford goal for a dropping ball....did Galway think there was more time left to be played?

Don't know about the players but there was some confusion around where i was in the stands about the injury time. 8 mins was signalled about the 74th minute and some seemed to think it was 8 more minutes which would have meant the game ending in the 82nd minute

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Yeah it was very confusing KevIRL. I mean, I was glad to hear the whistle, but wouldn't have moaned if there was another few played too.

Yeah it was very confusing KevIRL. I mean, I was glad to hear the whistle, but wouldn't have moaned if there was another few played too.

Not really confusing at all though. It's always the minimum total amount of injury time that's displayed. Anything else up to the ref. There was never an additional 8 minutes anyway from cannings injury

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Would you have changed your opinion after seeing the highlights last night. It was a wild stroke from Kearney. Very unusual for him. Luckily it didn't connect

Ya I think a yellow was fair after seeing it on tv. It looked worse than was his intentions I think. The fact that it was a nothing ball made it all the more frustrating. Strange Harte didn’t even get a yellow for the strike down on him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Not really confusing at all though. It's always the minimum total amount of injury time that's displayed. Anything else up to the ref. There was never an additional 8 minutes anyway from cannings injury
    Canning went down about the 70th minute and he was led off about the 74th minute, so the eight minutes that went up then seemed to indicate an extra four minutes from that point. Where the confusion arose is Deisegodeo's point: "What in the name of jaysus was the Galway lad doing tapping over the last free with 20 seconds of injury time left. Not a single Galway forward went close to the Waterford goal for a dropping ball....did Galway think there was more time left to be played?" The game went deep into the 79th minute which made people wonder whether the eight minutes was effectively 12 minutes. Then he blew up. If this was Championship there'd have been uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭cosatron

Waterford are going to have a long summer.. Strength in depth and some very classy hurlers.

Barron is key..Such a class act. Gleeson needs to sort his discipline and even in a positional sense,if Waterford channel him effectively they can win an AI this year. Joe Canning,for all his flair and class which he has in abundance would want to quit the moaning after every free committed considering they are always stone wall frees,is he expecting special treatment?appears so. Impressed with Waterford's attitude throughout

Galway will be a major force yet,but would want to cut down on the aimless shooting especially by likes of Johnny Coen at times under zero pressure, however with Burkes and Cooney to come back,they will be a different animal.

Would have to fear for Tipp in Thurles,can see Waterford dispatching us.

ha joe is like that at club games here in Galway. always moaning at the ref. Just the way he is. difference between the 2 sides was the goalkeeping, SOK made 2 good saves to keep ye in it and flannery let in a howler to let ye back in it. we should of being going in at half time at least 5-8 points up.

Joe Canning,for all his flair and class which he has in abundance would want to quit the moaning after every free committed considering they are always stone wall frees,is he expecting special treatment?
    cosatron wrote: »
    ha joe is like that at club games here in Galway. always moaning at the ref. Just the way he is.

Henry Shefflin and Eoin Kelly were often accused of the same thing, Colm Cooper as well on the football side. Coincidence??

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Henry Shefflin and Eoin Kelly were often accused of the same thing, Colm Cooper as well on the football side. Coincidence??

Brick is always at it in our own county as well, very frustrating to play against with his attempts to influence referees

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

cosatron wrote: »
    ha joe is like that at club games here in Galway. always moaning at the ref. Just the way he is. difference between the 2 sides was the goalkeeping, SOK made 2 good saves to keep ye in it and flannery let in a howler to let ye back in it. we should of being going in at half time at least 5-8 points up.
    5-8 points up .still wouldnt be enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Peter Hogan is a joy to watch lads. Real off the cuff modern day total Hurler. I'd love to see a style of play that gets full use out of him and for him to bed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

James Owen's confirmed as ref for Sunday

Peter Hogan is a joy to watch lads. Real off the cuff modern day total Hurler. I'd love to see a style of play that gets full use out of him and for him to bed in.

Lively out isn't he. Would you go for him or Tommy Ryan? Or is there a way to accommodate both by playing Hogan half forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Lively out isn't he. Would you go for him or Tommy Ryan? Or is there a way to accommodate both by playing Hogan half forward?

I'd start Hogan every game, if it's not working for whatever reason then you have a brilliant hurler in Ryan to come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Yes. That's very true. I was just thinking selfishly for travel, and I prefer match days in Thurles. 😂

There was only 2500 in Walsh Park last week for the league quarter final against Clare. And at least 500 of that crowd was Clare.

If I hear even one person moan about having to travel to Croke Park....

There was only 2500 in Walsh Park last week for the league quarter final against Clare. And at least 500 of that crowd was Clare.

Our crowds have been bad the last few years but abysmal of late. There was more in Dungarvan in January for a Munster league game v Clare than was at Walsh park for a league QF against the same opposition.

We'll hear all sorts of excuses this week about the distance and hassle in getting to croke park. The same people will be moaning about tickets availability come May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

BazBox wrote: »
    I'd start Hogan every game, if it's not working for whatever reason then you have a brilliant hurler in Ryan to come on.

Yeah Hogan for me too, he’s more dynamic. Tommy the better engine to run at teams down straight channels though if a game opened up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Only tickets I see for Sunday are section 301, buried in the corner!! I’ll have the kids with me, so cusack, hardly only them left?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Only tickets I see for Sunday are section 301, buried in the corner!! I’ll have the kids with me, so cusack, hardly only them left?

Yeah, only crap tickets available. Corner flag stuff. I hope it's just that that's how they are releasing them.

I didn't moan. I'd prefer Thurles and not just for travel.

I need to be back early too and I want to go to it. That's all. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

DeiseDawg wrote: »
    Yeah, only crap tickets available. Corner flag stuff. I hope it's just that that's how they are releasing them.

Section 330 lower Hogan now online.
    Much better than what was up earlier

DeiseDawg wrote: »

They always seem to sell off the crap ones first and then work towards the middle until they reach the sections allowed for season tickets/clubs. If the upper section opens you'll get ones right in the middle straight away.

Season ticket holders have a 'bring a friend' option up to 4 x extra tickets which need to be confirmed by midnight tonight. I'd expect that lots of better seats will be available tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They always seem to sell off the crap ones first and then work towards the middle until they reach the sections allowed for season tickets/clubs. If the upper section opens you'll get ones right in the middle straight away.

Season ticket holders have a 'bring a friend' option up to 4 x extra tickets which need to be confirmed by midnight tonight. I'd expect that lots of better seats will be available tomorrow.

Doubt the upper tiers will be open. Season ticket holders who didn't use the bring a friend option will be assigned tickets tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Coming out of Nowlan Park last Sunday, I had to pinch myself to check that what I had just observed wasn’t a dream and that Waterford had actually beaten Galway. This was an extraordinary result given the trend of most of the game. I have looked at the video twice to try and figure out how this happened.

Waterford were wretched in the first half (and part of the second). Their first touch was awful, their striking poor, decision-making woeful, attempted passes going astray, balls being fumbled. Five frees either fell short or went wide, while the goal also came from a mis-hit free. Galway, by contrast, were sharp, their hurling was crisp, they regularly broke the line with hard running, their combined play was excellent, and they put a stream of good low and well-directed ball into their forwards.

Waterford could get no platform: both teams struck twelve contested puckouts in the first half (not counting short puckouts or puckouts played out to unmarked players); Galway won seven of their own puckouts and ten of Waterford’s. Under pressure, Waterford were forced to sending high balls into their full forwards which were mopped up by the Galway defence.

That Galway weren’t out of sight by half-time can be put down to three factors – Stephen O’Keeffe’s two stops (although it should be noted that Galway goalie also made an excellent save from Shane Bennett), Stephen Bennett’s flukey goal, and the fact that the Waterford full back line (especially Calum Lyons and Noel Connors) were holding their own under severe pressure.

Things improved somewhat for Waterford in the second half. Tadhg de Búrca, who seemed to start the game marking Conor Whelan, was placed in a holding position at centre back and began to mop up ball and close down the route through the middle. By the time he went off with cramp in the 63rd minute Galway had already imploded. Kevin Moran also began to come into the game. But Waterford were barely holding their own: after 50 minutes they were still two points behind, as they had been at half time. And the gremlins were still at work, as instanced by Stephen Bennett’s crazy decision to hit what should have been a straighforward free to Pauric Mahony who ended up striking the ball wide under pressure.

Then Mikey Kearney got sent off in the 54th minute and everything changed. It has often been noted how losing a player through a sending off concentrates a team’s mind while having the opposite effect on the other team. Waterford equalised two minutes later and when Callum Lyons put them ahead in the 61st minute Galway went to pieces. Instead of using the extra man to work the ball through the lines to set up scoring chances, they started firing Hail Mary shots from out the field all of which went wide. From the 60th minute on they hit seven wides in a row while Waterford hit just one. Unbelievably, playing with the wind, the failed to score between the 49th and the 77th minutes.

Speaking after the first game, Limerick’s John Kiely remarked on how Dublin made life difficult for Limerick by flooding the middle third of the pitch. At half time Kiely urged his team to stick to their normal processes which they did and won comfortably in the end. It’s amazing how Galway, a high-quality team with ten experienced players on the pitch, completely lost the plot in the closing fifteen minutes. By contrast, as Henry Shefflin observed on RTE on Sunday night, it was Waterford who were making all the good decisions in that period, holding the ball well under pressure and creating the openings for the winning scores.

Calum Lyons moved up a further performance notch in this game and has been the surprise find (to me anyway) of the year so far (with Jack Prendergast not far behind). As a minor, Lyons was obviously a good, skillful, hurler but I thought he was probably too light to make the grade at senior level. He could still do with putting on an extra stone of muscle, but his skill level is very high, he appears to have a great temperament, and his use of the ball is really excellent.

By contrast, the quandary of what to do with Austin Gleeson remains unsolved. Last Sunday, his involvement in the game was episodic and rather marginal. He did not give us the ball-winning capability in the half forward line which we badly need. In these situations he gets prickly and on the wrong side of referees. Last Sunday he was already on a yellow card when he dropped his two knees into the back of the prostrate Darren Morrissey, which on its own could have earned a sending off. He can do wonderful things in the forwards, but it is unpredictable and whole games can pass him by. We have seen from his minor and under 21 days how he can dominate games and drive the whole team on from centre back. For me this is a no-brainer. And, if we are prepared to experiment with Gleeson in the half forwards, why not try the same with Tadhg de Búrca while moving Gleeson back?

My other worry is the siting of Kevin Moran in the half back line. This may be determined by who is available and undoubtedly he plays well there. But over the last few years, his partnership with Jamie Barron has given Waterford the best midfield pairing in the country. They work together very well and Moran has shown time and again his ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck from this position, whereas he undoubtedly feels more restricted when playing in defence. We will need him at midfield against Limerick.

Finally, I am one of those who was fooled into thinking, when the eight additional minutes was shown by the fourth official, four minutes into added time, last Sunday, that this meant eight more minutes from that point. And it wasn’t just me, and other posters on this site, who thought this, as TG4 posted 12 minutes of additional time after the eight minutes was displayed by the official. However, they corrected it fairly quickly. You would wonder if the Galway mentors were similarly misled, given the way they went for a point from a free, when three points down and the game almost up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Aussie seems to be unmanageable, no matter what position he plays in (even if very talented). Thought this management team might be able to get inside his head ; hopefully, they will asap.

Still think he's better in the forwards "when he's in the mood". While a good distributor from the back, he's too loose a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HangBlaa

I sat in Ardán Ui Gras on Sunday just beside the Galway subs, and behind the Galway management team;

A couple of observations;

Micheál Donoghue does an incredible amount of whinging an moaning at officials, and was in the linesmans ear all day. Never stopped. This was reflected in his post match comments when he has a whinge and the heavy challenges on Joe.. 'Dont touch Joe!'

Austin Gleeson did an incredible amount of work in the second half where he was operating primarily in front of me; I thought he really stood up from about 50 minurtes onwards.

Likewise Stephen Bennet, real leader stuff after the sending off, just demanded the ball, threw himself into 50:50's

Kearney, yes deserved a second yellow; but Harte should have seen red for driving the butt of the hurley into Mikey under the dropping ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Austin gleeson - What do they say?
    ' there is no great genius without a touch of madness.'

Aussie is just too unpredictable for centre back. Ideally that's where he should have developed by now but unfortunately, it's too much of a risk due to his inconsistency and unpredictable temperament and I feel that starting him there and having to move him is too unsettling for him and the rest of the team. At least at half forward you can let him loose and if he's not going well, just take him off and give another lad a chance without leaking scores the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Aussie seems to be unmanageable, no matter what position he plays in (even if very talented). Thought this management team might be able to get inside his head ; hopefully, they will asap.

Still think he's better in the forwards "when he's in the mood". While a good distributor from the back, he's too loose a marker.

I'd say management have got inside his head and have seen there isn't much going on on there. That's not Austin's fault. He will always have to be managed extra closely and will probably never dominate like his talents suggest he should.

• Advertisement

What’s the story with club senior hurling championship? There was meant to be club games this weekend but presumably now postponed? The Waterford gaa website is brutal to navigate on a phone!

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I'd say management have got inside his head and have seen there isn't much going on on there. That's not Austin's fault. He will always have to be managed extra closely and will probably never dominate like his talents suggest he should.

Unfair comment. Anyone that knows the lad knows that's BS. Everyone has character flaws, it dosent mean that 'there is nothing there'.

I think Fanning is managing things a bit smarter, he's not building the entire team around him like McGrath did. Otherwise you end up n a situation like Galway, for all their talent they still heavily reliant on Joe and when Joe is off form or is injured their just not the same team.

I noticed a few times over the past couple weeks when Aussie went to take a quick free, a few of the other senior players screamed at him to go away from it and go back to position. I think this is healthy trend and Fanning needs to be given credit for his role in changing the mindset

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I think Aussies is 100% up for it this year. Working his ass off... Maybe he's made a few odd decisions but I think his head is in the right place so far this year.

In general though, I'm dreading what club month will do to us. We racked up a fair few injuries last year.

I think Aussies is 100% up for it this year. Working his ass off... Maybe he's made a few odd decisions but I think his head is in the right place so far this year.

In general though, I'm dreading what club month will do to us. We racked up a fair few injuries last year.

Likewise the clubs are dreading what the county team does to their players, but that’s life

Season tickets for Cusack Lower section 304

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement