Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi home Robot vacum reduced in price on alixpress €254 ships

Options
  • 29-12-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I bought this same robot vacuum for my house this time last year for €349 shipped from Germany.

Been been on looking for one for another family member who see this over the xmass. This one below also ships from Germany so no customs worries. And are selling it for €254 including delivery which I think is bargain. Mights get a second one for upstairs.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cDLUwgjA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How good is it? Was tempted. We have a dyson cordless but with two kids the place is constantly full of crumbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I have next generation (Roborock S50) and I'm very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

How good is it? Was tempted. We have a dyson cordless but with two kids the place is constantly full of crumbs

I got two tottlers as well. so secudled to 10am and 9pm when their out of the house. I find it brilliant to be honest and the been looking at next generation one as well with the mop but not sure with mix of carpet and Tiles how it would work.

It goes under our presses,sideboards and beds with having to move anything. Down side need to tidy cables up ( if not already done) .

It comes with app Mi home where you can seclude clean times, tell it to clean or Dock or spot clean by drawing on the Map the area you want to clean. Or drive it to location with joystick mode and tell it to spot clean. Once it finished it goes back to its dock to charge. It uses 55w power when charging. The app can be used via the web.

September1 wrote: »

I been looking at this one as well it appears to have come down in prce as well. How do you find the mopping function?

I have mixed floor types is their a ways through the app to tell it to mop only some parts of the floors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

After a lot of research I just ordered the Neato D5.

It's a little more expensive but also a great deal at £329.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KV1C1D6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Having owned a Eufy which was random, I really wanted the intelligent mapping this time.

I looked at the Mi but shied away for a more recognised name.

Looks like a great bargain though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

The mi robot at 254 Euro is a bargain. Great price, great machine. I have two. One downstairs and one upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Got one of these from gearbest using the fast 23 warehouse for shipping ( so no customs) for around the same price a couple of week ago, great little machine. firmware updated twice already, mi home app very good, zone cleaning works well and integrates nicely with google home. very happy with it, amazing tech for the price

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I don't rate the Dyson's at all. Had two of them, totally overhyped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Worth paying the likes of Amazon for a warranty, anything goes wrong they'll take it back

The likes of Ali and gearbest you're pretty much buying it without a warranty

Worth paying the likes of Amazon for a warranty, anything goes wrong they'll take it back

The likes of Ali and gearbest you're pretty much buying it without a warranty
    WorthThe likes of Ali and gearbest you're pretty much buying it without a warranty

Agree. Especially with one of these machines. I would avoid anything where the buyer pays the return shipping fee.

Had a problem with a Eufy not returning to base. Thankfully I’d bought it from amazon so logged a return, printed out the label, dropped it off at the post office for free and the refund was already showing as pending in the 5 mins it took to get home.

Same experience this morning with something else I need to return. I had it delivered to parcel motel so couldn’t get a return label when booking the return online. Called them up, they immediately emailed out a free post label and the refund will be processed as soon as it’s scanned in at the the post office.

The Mi is a great RoboVac, it gets excellent reviews and this is a great price but I’d be weighing up the risks as these things are neither small nor light and a return would be cost prohibitive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Amazon if you broke it yourself you'd still prob get a refund

Gearbest it's take a hike if anything goes wrong

irbx wrote: »
    I been looking at this one as well it appears to have come down in prce as well. How do you find the mopping function?

It is only useful to clean slightly dirty floors, in can of significant soiling it will make things worse by spreading it around. Basically it is equivalent to mopping entire home with single small piece of damp cloth.

irbx wrote: »
    I have mixed floor types is their a ways through the app to tell it to mop only some parts of the floors?

So robot is not aware of mopping, it is just attachment that either is or is not there. However in the app you can either choose ares to be cleaned or areas to be avoided, so you could use it in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I like the idea of a robot vacumn but as I've stairs is there much point? Would still need a regular vacumn anyway. Do people have a robo and then just use their regular vacumn for the stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Do people have a robo and then just use their regular vacumn for the stairs?

Yes

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I like the idea of a robot vacumn but as I've stairs is there much point? Would still need a regular vacumn anyway. Do people have a robo and then just use their regular vacumn for the stairs?

Yes it sill make sense. Automatic vacuums are about 5 times slower and they they collect about 20% less dirt vs vacuums operated by humans. Think of them as dishwashers, which are also worse then humans - but still nearly everybody has them, as they save us time and effort. In general I find that automatic vacuum would keep even places where is does not clean in better shape, as daily removal of dust from floor will prevent it from coming somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Where did you buy the second gen from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

MJ434 wrote: »
    Where did you buy the second gen from?

I got an S50 from gearbest for 360 EUR shipped from their EU warehouse. Took a month to deliver but all forgotten as I amazed and how good it is. It was my first order from gearbest.

Yes it sill make sense. Automatic vacuums are about 5 times slower and they they collect about 20% less dirt vs vacuums operated by humans. Think of them as dishwashers, which are also worse then humans - but still nearly everybody has them, as they save us time and effort. In general I find that automatic vacuum would keep even places where is does not clean in better shape, as daily removal of dust from floor will prevent it from coming somewhere else.

I would have said 10% less dirt versus manual vacuum and just slightly slower depending on the make. That's why I have set for two cleans a day.

The mi robot maps the layout of the room and breaks the area up and cleans systematically so it does not miss areas or give over the same ground again. Some of cheaper ones including the roomba`s just go in straight line until they hit something and keep doing this until the battery is dead.

My wife thought it was going to be a waste of money took a couple months to convenience her. But after a month of use she said if it did break down to get another one asap. The the closest I get to her saying she was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I picked up a eufy one during black Friday... One of the best purchases of the year. With young kids something is always getting spilt, have this going daily now. Even works great on long pile carpet. Would seriously consider upgrading to one that can map out the rooms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Most things on aliexpress are muck. Stay clear, as others have said buy with Amazon as it’ll give some protection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have one, over 12 months now....it is so handy...we have all wooden floors and bungalow so it suit, just leave door open and it will clean those rooms

So over Xmas just every time we went out got it to clean the whole house during day because so many staying. It will go back, charge, then start back at point it stopped if it doesn’t have battery left

I think I paid 330 from gearbest

Wooden floors it does very good, I just always send out twice every night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Rennaws wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KV1C1D6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Having owned a Eufy which was random, I really wanted the intelligent mapping this time.

That’s showing up as 441 sterling ?? Did you get it for €339??

hawkelady wrote: »
    That’s showing up as 441 sterling ?? Did you get it for €339??

I paid £329.99.

It worked out at €178.

It’s still reduced at £441.

Must have been a lightening deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Really tempted to invest in one of these but not sure it would work for me. Two story old house with 3 dogs and stuff on the floor. Do I need a big open floor setup to get the most out of it? Has anyone had theirs eaten by a dog when they're at work? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I paid £329.99.

It worked out at €178.
    Man, sterling really has taken a beating since Brexit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Was thinking of getting the Eufy
    Did you not like yours ?

foodaholic wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting the Eufy
    Did you not like yours ?

We loved it but it wouldn’t return to its base and the support were too slow to come back to me. After 48 hours I boxed it up and sent it back.

I had it for a few weeks though and it did a great job cleaning. The main reason I wanted something different this time was to get something with intelligent mapping as i think this is a critical feature for a through clean.
    Basq wrote: »
    Man, sterling really has taken a beating since Brexit! :pac:

Well spotted.. I meant €378..

We loved it but it wouldn’t return to its base and the support were too slow to come back to me. After 48 hours I boxed it up and sent it back.

I had it for a few weeks though and it did a great job cleaning. The main reason I wanted something different this time was to get something with intelligent mapping as i think this is a critical feature for a through clean.

Well spotted.. I meant €378..

The maker of mi robot cleaner is a company called Xiaomi. Who are relatively big manufacture in China. Not a couple lads in the back of the shed. They just taken tec and improve on it. I see that three started selling their phones, fitness band and electric scooter.

The roborock is newer version were Xiaomi and roborock developed it together but because of half liter water tank its taller so would not get under some of my presses. It uses the same mapping technology and sensors. And was €500 plus last year but at €350 is also a good price.

The robot is smart enough to get back to dock. I used to put things in way to see if I could confuse it. But it always got back to the dock. It stops cleaning at 20% battery to go back to charge. But never experienced this as my house is small. I do have a 2cm threshold in one room and it gets over it no problems.

The app tells you when clean the filters and sensors. Replacement parts are on eBay and aliexpress. Only replaced the hepa filter after 9 months usage and side rush after a year. Replacement kits are around €20 on Ali you get 2 side brushes 2 hepa filters and 1 mainbrush bar. ( yet to replaced).

Pay €80 more on Amazon for warranty is option. But anyone fence for me it made my life easier and like washing machine will never be without one.

Re dogs eating it. I don't have a dog so maybe somelse can advise. But friend got one with cats and they love riding on it! And does good job with hairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I've an iLife A6 and love it!

Highly recommend one to anyone no issues whatsoever with it and have it 2 years now

(touch wood)

Hope I haven't jinxed it, lol

If it broke in the morning I'd buy another one straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How sturdy are the Mi? Our young fellas ride around on the Eufy think it's great fun and it doesn't seem to bother it.

Advertisement