Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi home Robot vacum reduced in price on alixpress €254 ships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

august12 wrote: »
    Which one have you and how is battery life holding up, are these replaceable?

Dropped in price by 30 euro since I bought mine last month :eek:
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=16773

No idea if the battery is replaceable but there is a 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

bogman wrote: »
    Dropped in price by 30 euro since I bought mine last month :eek:
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=16773

No idea if the battery is replaceable but there is a 3 year warranty.

I bought one of these about a week ago at that reduced price and the device has exceeded my expectations immensely. Fantastic piece of kit and a stunning price. Might buy another.

Have it set on the lower speed suction as it's only doing hard floors. It's so quiet in this mode that I can watch TV as it trundles around the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Lads, Out of interest do any of you have a table / 6 chairs in a room.....Just wondering can these get in between chairs like that or will it just ignore it completely ?

Depends on the chair legs. Can't fit in between the legs on my kitchen table chairs but there's about 1mm of clearance on the legs of the chairs at the kitchen island. Was genuinely impressed when it passed through. So that's all it needs really just a bare bit of clearance.
    Mine is the Xiaomi Roborock S50. Have it a week, would get another tomorrow if it went to the great vacuum shop in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Lowest Amazon price ever on the Eufy Robovac 11C , one day only £185. Free delivery to Ireland (I have Prime not sure otherwise)

Eufy RoboVac 11c, Smart Wi-Fi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, High Suction, Weekly Cleaning Schedule, Self-Docking, Hard Floor and Thin Carpet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0769G8BC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CKXMCbZ3RPV1N

gomara wrote: »
    Lowest Amazon price ever on the Eufy Robovac 11C , one day only £185. Free delivery to Ireland (I have Prime not sure otherwise)

Eufy RoboVac 11c, Smart Wi-Fi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, High Suction, Weekly Cleaning Schedule, Self-Docking, Hard Floor and Thin Carpet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0769G8BC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CKXMCbZ3RPV1N

Looks like it's made by iLife, who also make a model for Lidl under the Silver crest brand name. Lidl one looks to be a higher up model though as it has an LCD screen. Lidl one is also cheaper. I bought one a few weeks ago for €170. Normal price is €200.... Still cheaper than the best ever price on Amazon, taking into account the currency differences. Plus, the Lidl one appears to be a higher up model. It also comes with a lighthouse/virtual wall.

Maybe better to wait around till the Lidl deal comes up again as it's a great product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

The Eufy is made by Anker, it’s a well reviewed product, I don’t think it’s connected to iLife at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What are the main differences between the Eufy RoboVac 11C posted above for £184 & the Eufy RoboVac 30C which is available for €199 form the Spanish amazon?

gomara wrote: »
    The Eufy is made by Anker, it’s a well reviewed product, I don’t think it’s connected to iLife at all?

It has some very similar physical features to the iLife/Silvercrest made units. Even the app look and layout is very very similar with similar cleaning options. For all we know, all these similar products could be made on the same production line in the same factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

What are the main differences between the Eufy RoboVac 11C posted above for £184 & the Eufy RoboVac 30C which is available for €199 form the Spanish amazon?

11C is an older lower specced model.

The 30C from Amazon Spain works out at the same price delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

polaris68 wrote: »
    11C is an older lower specced model.

The 30C from Amazon Spain works out at the same price delivered.

Its a no brainer so for anyone watching out for one of these, get the one from Amazon Spain.

No wonder the 11C is on deal of the day, probably trying to shift it to make way for the newer version :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

Would the RoboVac 30C go from room to room itself or would I have to do a room at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Our Eufy effectively takes care of the bottom floor of the house including the kitchen, lounge, and hallway. It can hop over thresholds and go from hard floor to carpet and changes suction accordingly.

It has a long battery life (time will tell) so has time to find its way into all rooms on the same floor. Of course you do have to robot-proof the place to some extent: space the kitchen chairs apart so it can work between them, pick up loose bits off the ground, tie up dangling cables and such. It kept pushing a mat we have inside the front door so I put barrier strips under it so it now leaves it alone. So after a small amount of robot-proofing and in combination with the barrier strips for any problem areas it will effectively do the entire floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Do the Eufy move randomly or do they map out floor plan?
    Are they continuously bump into skirting boards etc.?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Thanks
    To the best of my knowledge, they zig zag around the place and don't map, I'm still on the fence whether to buy the roborock s50 or the xaiowa e35, e35 doesn't have the laser facility of the s50 but does have a mapping function and bigger dustbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Is there any difference between the 30c model on the amazon Uk & spanish website, other than the cost? The model number looks different but can't see anything else in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Thanks

The Eufy moves psuedo-randomly. It doesn't just bump off edges (in fact it has sensors that stop it from bumping off anything). Sure it doesn't have a mapping feature, but I wouldn't let that put you off.
    There are different cleaning modes for a specific clean and an auto cycle where it uses all modes based on some algorithm.

There are basically three modes
    1. Psuedo-random pattern, cleaning in straight lines and then turning when it hits an obstacle.
    2. Expanding circular pattern.
    3. Edge cleaning.

I have mine cleaning a utility room, a large kitchen / dining room, and a conservatory. Each room is separated by a normal size door. It has no problem navigating between all three rooms. I've tested it out into the hallway also and it worked fine but, as I tend to keep those doors closed, it rarely has an opportunity to go out there.

I thought the lack of room scanning was going to be a real let down but it does such a good job, I don't think I would notice a difference even if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

d31b0y wrote: »
    The Eufy moves psuedo-randomly. It doesn't just bump off edges (in fact it has sensors that stop it from bumping off anything). Sure it doesn't have a mapping feature, but I wouldn't let that put you off.
    There are different cleaning modes for a specific clean and an auto cycle where it uses all modes based on some algorithm.

There are basically three modes
    1. Psuedo-random pattern, cleaning in straight lines and then turning when it hits an obstacle.
    2. Expanding circular pattern.
    3. Edge cleaning.

I have mine cleaning a utility room, a large kitchen / dining room, and a conservatory. Each room is separated by a normal size door. It has no problem navigating between all three rooms. I've tested it out into the hallway also and it worked fine but, as I tend to keep those doors closed, it rarely has an opportunity to go out there.

I thought the lack of room scanning was going to be a real let down but it does such a good job, I don't think I would notice a difference even if it did.

I'd second that. Does a great job without the mapping. Got a second one myself after a few weeks with the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Is there any difference between the 30c model on the amazon Uk & spanish website, other than the cost? The model number looks different but can't see anything else in it

Its a massive cost difference! £269.99 vs €199! I have vouchers I can only use on uk site.

Does anyone know the difference between the models without the C on the end vs the ones with the C.

QueenRizla wrote: »
    Its a massive cost difference! £269.99 vs €199! I have vouchers I can only use on uk site.

Does anyone know the difference between the models without the C on the end vs the ones with the C.
    I don't think there's any difference, does Alexa work with it, anyway, it's 189 on French Amazon now, so could save another 10 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

To the best of my knowledge, they zig zag around the place and don't map, I'm still on the fence whether to buy the roborock s50 or the xaiowa e35, e35 doesn't have the laser facility of the s50 but does have a mapping function and bigger dustbin.

I'd go for the S50, the bin is small enough on it as it is. Any smaller and you'll be emptying it a bit often.
    Other than that it's all round class. Great app too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

I don't think there's any difference, does Alexa work with it, anyway, it's 189 on French Amazon now, so could save another 10 euro.

Cheers I ordered that, great price. The C has WiFi it seems so works with Alexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I think the 30C is shorter than the regular 30 so it can get into tighter spaces. Same other than that.

I might be wrong on that. Found this comparision site and they seem to state that the 30 doesn't work with Alexa or the phone app. Not sure why it would have wifi if it wasn't compatible with them though...
    https://www.householdme.com/eufy-30-vs-30c-boostiq-robovac-comparison/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

When ordering from Amazon France/Spain etc what's the difference? Just extra postage charges and longer postage time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

d31b0y wrote: »
    I think the 30C is shorter than the regular 30 so it can get into tighter spaces. Same other than that.

I might be wrong on that. Found this comparision site and they seem to state that the 30 doesn't work with Alexa or the phone app. Not sure why it would have wifi if it wasn't compatible with them though...
    https://www.householdme.com/eufy-30-vs-30c-boostiq-robovac-comparison/

The 30C has Wifi and does work with Alexa. The 30 without C does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Does this Mi e35 one have the laser mapping or does it move randomly? Can't find the answer to that.

fifth wrote:
    Does this Mi e35 one have the laser mapping or does it move randomly? Can't find the answer to that.
    Doesn't have laser mapping but some form of gyroscope mapping so does vacuum in an orderly way, I don't think you can add exclusion areas like you can with the S50.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

highdef wrote: »
    Looks like it's made by iLife, who also make a model for Lidl under the Silver crest brand name. Lidl one looks to be a higher up model though as it has an LCD screen. Lidl one is also cheaper. I bought one a few weeks ago for €170. Normal price is €200.... Still cheaper than the best ever price on Amazon, taking into account the currency differences. Plus, the Lidl one appears to be a higher up model. It also comes with a lighthouse/virtual wall.

Maybe better to wait around till the Lidl deal comes up again as it's a great product.

Robot Vacuum Cleaner https://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/www_lidl_ie_3x/hs.xsl/productPageFinder.xml?listId=733&articleId=16773&type=offerdatelist&rdeLocaleAttr=en&productId=16773&countryCode=IE

I missed these when they appeared a few weeks ago, I have found the price labels but no actual units, and Lidl helpline told me they have no way of knowing stock levels around the country.
    If anyone sees one on their travels around Kildare west Dublin I would appreciate a heads up.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Eufy 30c is 179gbp on Amazon currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Eufy 30C now £180 today on Amazon.co.uk. €200 on Amazon.es

Advertisement