Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi home Robot vacum reduced in price on alixpress €254 ships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

lardarse wrote:
    I have both the Xiaomi the normal and the roborock. I love the hoovering on both the robots and the floor mapping of the room is just great. (wish they would make a robotic lawn mower). The amount of stuff it picks up amazed me, i wasn`t expecting it from a robot I was hoping for much more from the roborock, and was really disappointed with the mopping side, and really don`t think its worth the extra. Basically there is a tank of water that drips water onto a cloth. So for anything more then a quick mop its really not worth it, and anything more it will just move the muck around on the floor, and make it worse. If you want a robotic mopper, then i would get a dedicated robot for just that.

Is the mapping feature on the original one as well? How is battery life on both and noise level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

d31b0y wrote: »
    Yes, shipped on Tuesday from Germany. Currently in the UK. I guess I'll get it on Monday.

I ordered mine on the 4th, got the dispatch note at the weekend also originated in Germany, will be here next tues.

Rest easy, seems they're honouring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I ordered mine on the 4th, got the dispatch note at the weekend also originated in Germany, will be here next tues.

Rest easy, seems they're honouring it.

Got the despatch email at the weekend - here by the 19th. Great value at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody notice that Xiaomi has gone from good quality but cheap products to like premium pricing?

Ush1 wrote:
    Anybody notice that Xiaomi has gone from good quality but cheap products to like premium pricing?

Yes, when demand increases, so do prices, same as cars, if you remember when Skoda and Kia first came on the market,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I picked up this https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07DBZXZBW yesterday. Great ratings and reviews, Alexa / Google enabled.
    Cheapest it's been, as far as I can tell since Camel Camel Camel is down, is £189 on the UK site.

€185.68 delivered. Expected on the 11th to 14th of Feb.
    Thanks to HUKD.

Possibly a pricing error...

UK site link https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D

This arrived yesterday. First impressions are very good;
    • ++Quiet - you could easily have a normal conversation while it's cleaning around you
    • ++Syncs with alexa very easily. I had it setup and working from unboxing within about 30 minutes
    • ++First clean impressions are excellent. Left it in the play room (toys cleared away, of course) for about 40 minutes. The wife gave it the seal of approval - "looked like someone vacuumed".
    • ++It's really slimline and will fit comfortably under most reasonable gaps (rough estimate, 10 cm)
    • --Seems to have trouble finding it's charging station if you ask alexa to send it home (works better from the controller for some reason), though this may be due my base position
    • --Speaking of base positioning, they recommend 1m either side is completely clear and 2m in front. Not sure who would have that kind of space available. I rearranged a little so it's about .7m free either side, front is completely clear.

Other than that, not really pros or cons... the dust box is big, it needs to be because this vac is good. Empty everyday. The dogs hate it. The cat is scared of it. The baby seems to just sit there pointing at it so not sure about her yet...

After day 1, I highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭talla

• ++Quiet - you could easily have a normal conversation while it's cleaning around you
    • ++Syncs with alexa very easily. I had it setup and working from unboxing within about 30 minutes
    • ++First clean impressions are excellent. Left it in the play room (toys cleared away, of course) for about 40 minutes. The wife gave it the seal of approval - "looked like someone vacuumed".
    • ++It's really slimline and will fit comfortably under most reasonable gaps (rough estimate, 10 cm)
    • --Seems to have trouble finding it's charging station if you ask alexa to send it home (works better from the controller for some reason), though this may be due my base position
    • --Speaking of base positioning, they recommend 1m either side is completely clear and 2m in front. Not sure who would have that kind of space available. I rearranged a little so it's about .7m free either side, front is completely clear.

Other than that, not really pros or cons... the dust box is big, it needs to be because this vac is good. Empty everyday. The dogs hate it. The cat is scared of it. The baby seems to just sit there pointing at it so not sure about her yet...

Due to receive delivery of this today.
    Does the power supply for the base station come with UK adapter or is it European only?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Got mine yesterday too and agree 100% with the review from d3lb0y - one or two things too add.

The metallic border strips seem to work pretty well and I have set one up under a thick enough rug - still kept the bot away from the lego corner of the room.

The lead on the charger base isn't very long given the space required for the base. Might need an extension to set it up.

Google home integration hasn't worked for me 'not support for your language or country' is the response and no more joy through the app. That is a google issue I'm sure but if anyone has better look pairing them please share.

My wife was also happy with the cleaning ability of it so that is the greatest compliment it can get in my book.

Good purchase.

talla wrote: »
    Due to receive delivery of this today.
    Does the power supply for the base station come with UK adapter or is it European only?

You'll need to get an eu to uk adaptor (or some other way to bypass the earth).

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I picked up this https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07DBZXZBW yesterday. Great ratings and reviews, Alexa / Google enabled.
    Cheapest it's been, as far as I can tell since Camel Camel Camel is down, is £189 on the UK site.

€185.68 delivered. Expected on the 11th to 14th of Feb.
    Thanks to HUKD.

Possibly a pricing error...

UK site link https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D
    I'm sooooo tempted to pull the trigger on this (on the Spanish site). Usual rules apply ... don't want it, don't need it ... but it's a great bargain so I definitely feel the urge to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Just purchased, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Question for d31b0y and Prunty or anyone who has the eufy.

Without the mapping function, can it clean from room to room & find it's way back to the base?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

polaris68 wrote: »
    Question for d31b0y and Prunty or anyone who has the eufy.

Without the mapping function, can it clean from room to room & find it's way back to the base?

Yes

I got mine Friday, came home and a parcel was left in plain view on the doorstep in an estate. Got it all setup today and I'm really pleased with it. It's a lot quieter than my old Aldi version. You'd be able to keep talking on the phone if it wanders in. It was easy to add via the app and then add the skill to Alexa so I can say, "alexa ask robovac to clean" or "alexa ask robovac to go home".

Their app has an easy scheduler so I've set it up to automatically vacuum 3 days a week at 10. Also you can control everything from the app including the mode or even driving it around! I drove it to the mat by the front door to test the barrier strips. The first thing it did was get caught up on the mat but was able to put strips underneath the mat and now it avoids it. Also you get a notification on your phone if it gets tangled in something. I never even tried the remote that came with it as the app worked so well.

Also it has no problem with it's base being under a piece of furniture. We have a little sideboard in the kitchen so he just tucks himself away and hides there out of the way.

Got my Eufy 30C yesterday. Nice bit of kit which comes with some spare parts which is handy. It's easy to set up on Wifi and Alexa too.

Even though there's no room mapping it seems to do a very good job at cleaning. I had it run on schedule this morning after I went to work and when I came home at lunch the place was clean. It got caught on a phone charging cable so couldn't return to base but that's my bad.

My only complaint is that the bin is small and needs to be changed after each clean. Maybe that's 'cos it's getting in under the couches and kitchen island.

Still though, I'm very happy and it's a great price at €190 including shipping. Thanks for sharing the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Very happy with it so far. Actually looking for another one for upstairs now! Hopefully will drop again

I see Lidl has one tomorrow at 169.99,anyone have any experience of this, up to 120 mins suction, no idea of power but has an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Lads, Out of interest do any of you have a table / 6 chairs in a room.....Just wondering can these get in between chairs like that or will it just ignore it completely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Lads, Out of interest do any of you have a table / 6 chairs in a room.....Just wondering can these get in between chairs like that or will it just ignore it completely ?

I have the Roborock 2nd version and yep it goes in through the legs of chairs, I was quite pleased as was also concerned.

I have the Eufy and I was watching it navigate around the chair legs the other day. It swivelled around them in a very tight circle and it did a good job I have to say. It must be programmed to do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

august12 wrote: »
    I see Lidl has one tomorrow at 169.99,anyone have any experience of this, up to 120 mins suction, no idea of power but has an app.

It's iLiife a7 under Lidl brand. 1000 Pa suction. Xiaomi has 2000 Pa i think.

They were selling it for 199 recently. Some videos here:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/silvercrest-robot-vacuum-cleaner-99-lidl-3121696

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Back to the Eufy, has anyone had any luck pairing to google home? Or is there a thread on it?

Alexa here, working fine but honestly, I don't use it with Alexa really. The odd time when I am too lazy to pick up the remote, I'll ask it to start vacuuming but that's as far as it goes for me. It's enough between the schedules and the remote.

Eufy 30C now £202 on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Eufy 30C now £202 on Amazon.co.uk

Got a link? Can only see 269

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It was for limited time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

august12 wrote: »

Fantastic piece of kit, been using mine regularly since I got it, far better than the one i picked up in Aldi a few years ago, many functions and two suction levels.
    10/10 so far :p

bogman wrote:
    Fantastic piece of kit, been using mine regularly since I got it, far better than the one i picked up in Aldi a few years ago, many functions and two suction levels. 10/10 so far
    Which one have you and how is battery life holding up, are these replaceable?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Back to the Eufy, has anyone had any luck pairing to google home? Or is there a thread on it?

Works fine with my google home.
    Are you having a particular issue pairing it?
    Think I may have my google home set to UK as I use it for harmony also and this would not work if set to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

John_Mc wrote: »
    My only complaint is that the bin is small and needs to be changed after each clean. Maybe that's 'cos it's getting in under the couches and kitchen island.

We thought this too but after a few initial cycles of being under furniture and beds etc it will pick up less each day and the bin won't need as much emptying. Took about 10 trips around the house to "settle".

One thing about these robot vacuums, they make your house seem filthy when they first arrive! We gave the place a good hoover the day before buying it and it still picked up a load of dirt on the initial cycles.

Advertisement