Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi home Robot vacum reduced in price on alixpress €254 ships

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

kippy wrote: »
    Apologies for opening an older thread - this is something that might be on the christmas list so doing so research.
    A couple of questions:
    1. Can these devices get over "door saddles" - I would assume so but needs to be clarified.
    2. In a two floor setup, can the device clean all the rooms on the top floor, be manually brought downstairs and clean areas on the ground floor?
    3. Any drawbacks to these devices. I am wary of the cost and lifespan of them if I am being honest and am somewhat concerned that the consumeables may be a pain in the backside in comparison to the "regular" vacumn.

Any advice appreciated.

1. It has quite a good clearance for hoping over door saddles, rugs, etc. It regularly tries to "mount" one of our lamps with a low 1.5" base. :pac:

2. I've a 3 floor setup but never use it anywhere but the ground floor which is a mixture of tiles, rugs, and high pile carpet. As our stairs get dirty and require a proper vacuum anyway I usually do this quicker myself with a cheap yet indestructible miele vacuum.

3. I'm not concerned about consumables. Just empty the bin before each session, wipe the filter with your fingers, what came with it will probably last as long as the robot. You can usually rinse and dry dust filters but I haven't bothered yet. It is well designed that you can easily pop out the main roller brush to cut off the hair and pop off the rotating brushes to remove hair tangled there.

I would recommend this as a well priced, competent option for those that don't need fancy features like laser room mapping. Obviously you should still have a regular vacuum but this is great for 2-3 "top-up" vacuums during the week especially in well traveled areas of the house like the entrance, hallway and kitchen. Due to the nature of its size it arguably does a better under the kitchen table than I would. Best of all he lives underneath our kitchen sideboard so tucks himself away out of sight when he's done. Batter life is well over an hour which lasts long enough it eventually gets to nearly every nook and kranny. It is also reasonably quiet compared to my last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I have been coming back to this thread last few days to figure out a suitable model.

Just after placing an order for Roborock S5 from AliExpress, €324, free shipping from Czech Republic (missed out on Black Friday deals/coupons etc).

Third of downstairs is tiled, rest laminated, and 80% of upstairs is either floorboards / laminate flooring. Here's hoping that with so little carpet area, the mop feature of S5 will be of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi - did you get the Vacuum? How do you find it (is it this one as below)? Our regular one packed up a few days ago and I am thinking whether to go for this rather than the conventional ones. Also with COVID19, not sure if deliveries are smooth at the moment - any thoughts?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Roborock is a reputable brand - it's made by Xiaomi.

anyone know if there are any good deals going on at the moment on the Roborock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Pygmie

The S6 is available on Honorbuy at the moment for around the 350 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya I've one on the way, although I got it for 312 a few weeks ago! S6 Pure.

Don't think I should have bothered with mop function though but will see.

Crap - just saw the reviews of the S7 and now hesitating on whether to go for the S7, cheapest I can see it (S7) for €469 on GeekBuying, shoudnt have 'researched it that just one last time' 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Getting expensive at that... What does it do over the S6?

not sure about all the upgrades, but ones that I know of are

• changed the brush, for better cleaning and also to make it compatible with the auto bin empty docking station
    • fully redesigned better mopping function
    • can do the mopping with carpet cleaning in one go - mop lifts up to vacuum carpet

edit: anyway got tempted and orders the S7 for €434 from GeekBuying

Post edited by Debub on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I have the S5Max - I wouldn't bother with paying anything extra for the "mopping" - it really adds very little value in my mind, it is dragging a wet cloth over the floor, not sure how they would be able to improve this..I would love to be wrong and someone tell me that the S7 can actually mop properly- I will upgrade if that is the case..

Also the bin emptying- it is not something I would pay extra for. And you still need to empty a bigger bin from time to time.

All in all - as a vacuum, I am very happy with it, one of the better buys I made this year. Just a pain to find original consumables.. I ordered a set on Ali, and let's see how original it is when it arrives after Xmas.

Hi - need help. Getting stuck on the app while setting up the vacuum. Keeps getting stuck at this stage

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Assumption (based on other smart devices) is your router is 5Ghz and more smart devices require 2.4Ghz. Your router might be dual band, but it still won't work.

Switch off the 5Ghz setting and it should work. Then reconnect the 5Ghz afterwards and will still continue to work.

Are you with virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

From your screenshot, it doesn't look like you have wifi turned on?

thanks - its working now, did change it to 2.5 on the router, but failed a few times before it eventually connected - maybe it was the wifi taking too long to register

Advertisement