Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi home Robot vacum reduced in price on alixpress €254 ships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Mine seems to be really sensitive to light, as in if there is a sun patch on the ground in the kitchen it backs up away from it. Anyone else have that?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mine seems to be really sensitive to light, as in if there is a sun patch on the ground in the kitchen it backs up away from it. Anyone else have that?

Not had that one, but there is a spot in our sun room where it seems to think it's stuck over the edge of stairs but I think it's due to a slight undulation in the floor rather than sunlight.

I don't know if I get the full 100 minutes but he definitely goes for well over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

€ 195,51 22%OFF | Roborock Robot Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner 4 for Home Xiaowa Sweeping Wet Mopping Dust Mi Robotic Smart Path Planned Wireless Control
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cnNNUcys

Is this a decent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

deadlast wrote:
    Is this a decent one?
    There are good reviews on amazon.com, the dark version is called roborock E25, same machine as white E20 in your link, I am checking to see if the E35 will reduce in price, it has higher suction and double the battery life of this but this is still a good vacuum as per the reviews.

august12 wrote: »
    There are good reviews on amazon.com, the dark version is called roborock E25, same machine as white E20 in your link, I am checking to see if the E35 will reduce in price, it has higher suction and double the battery life of this but this is still a good vacuum as per the reviews.
    Thanks, Ive just watched a load of reviews of the e20 and I'm gonna order now.

• Advertisement

deadlast wrote:
    Thanks, Ive just watched a load of reviews of the e20 and I'm gonna order now.
    Report back with an update, I think this is a better machine than the eufy 30c as it vacuums in a regular organised pattern as opposed to the random pattern of the eufy, also has washable filter, and continues vacuuming after recharging I think. And a bigger dustbin.

Report back with an update, I think this is a better machine than the eufy 30c as it vacuums in a regular organised pattern as opposed to the random pattern of the eufy, also has washable filter, and continues vacuuming after recharging I think. And a bigger dustbin.

Will do. The only gamble is buying from AliExpress I suppose with cost of returns.
    It'll be my 5th Xiaomi device though, I'm a fan.

Do you just carry it upstairs every now and again to do up there, will it work like that without the docking station?

deadlast wrote:
    Will do. The only gamble is buying from AliExpress I suppose with cost of returns. It'll be my 5th Xiaomi device though, I'm a fan.

Am also a fan of Xiaomi, from mobile phones to power banks to usb lights etc, all working perfectly. You could buy two, other than that, then you will have to carry upstairs as needed I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Am also a fan of Xiaomi, from mobile phones to power banks to usb lights etc, all working perfectly. You could buy two, other than that, then you will have to carry upstairs as needed I presume.

Roborock is a Xiaowa product, a budget subsidiary of Xiaomi.

deadlast wrote: »
    € 195,51 22%OFF | Roborock Robot Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner 4 for Home Xiaowa Sweeping Wet Mopping Dust Mi Robotic Smart Path Planned Wireless Control
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cnNNUcys

Is this a decent one?

So i have the Roborock e20 a few days now and very impressed. The missus is delighted with it too.

How to I connect to Google home? I'm getting to the part where it says "linking to mi home account", then it just goes back to the same screen without doing anything....any ideas?

• Advertisement

deadlast wrote: »
    So i have the Roborock e20 a few days now and very impressed. The missus is delighted with it too.

How to I connect to Google home? I'm getting to the part where it says "linking to mi home account", then it just goes back to the same screen without doing anything....any ideas?
    Thanks for the update on this model, re connecting to Google, im not sure but thought I read somewhere, it has something to do with country settings, maybe try changing country to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I wonder what the lifespan of these devices is. We've a dyson that's almost ten years old. Cost about 280 back then but its been great value and still as good as new.
    One of these is circa 200-250 and while seems to be a decent workhorse in the short term, one would wonder how long they would last. Obviously with a battery there is a limiter built in. Are the batteries replaceable in these?
    How long do people think they will/would last particularly with the amount of electronics and sensors in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

kippy wrote: »
    I wonder what the lifespan of these devices is. We've a dyson that's almost ten years old. Cost about 280 back then but its been great value and still as good as new.
    One of these is circa 200-250 and while seems to be a decent workhorse in the short term, one would wonder how long they would last. Obviously with a battery there is a limiter built in. Are the batteries replaceable in these?
    How long do people think they will/would last particularly with the amount of electronics and sensors in them?

I have Xiaomi Roborock S50 and it is now going for over a year and cleaning roughly once a day.

September1 wrote: »
    I have Xiaomi Roborock S50 and it is now going for over a year and cleaning roughly once a day.

I suppose these things aren't round at an affordable price long enough to have a longer trial period.

From reviews I've seen, 1st gen Roborock xiaowa's seem to be on the go 2 and a half + years and seem to be still going strong for people.

Thanks for the update on this model, re connecting to Google, im not sure but thought I read somewhere, it has something to do with country settings, maybe try changing country to UK.

I've done a bit more googling and it seems people have contacted Roborock and they state they are working on the Google home connectivity. Apparently the s50 works with it. No big deal for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

I have the following model almost a year and half. Have not noticed a reduction in battery. It's always on charge and cleans two times a day.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cN9yJCbA Chose Poland warehouse to avoid tax as already in eu. Spain does not ship to Ireland.

Parts have been easy to get. On my 3rd filter and 2 main bush.
    http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TfmXrCM

Batteries can be got for this as well. But for the moment have not thought about it. I also got a the newer version that mops ( microfiber cloth) and better suction. One of down stairs and up stairs. First world problems. But ended up having to give to family member. So back to one.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/byQuKsCg (again chose Poland to advoid tax as eu. Spain does not ship to ireland.)

Both machines have smart mapping and can work their ways around obstacles. Can see on map they clean in pattern to cover every area.They both dock when finished. Only time I have to help if a sock get stuck in the main brush. It pushs notification to my phone saying main brush blocked.

If it does break down will by another as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

irbx wrote: »
    I have the following model almost a year and half. Have not noticed a reduction in battery. It's always on charge and cleans two times a day.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cN9yJCbA Chose Poland warehouse to avoid tax as already in eu. Spain does not ship to Ireland.

Parts have been easy to get. On my 3rd filter and 2 main bush.
    http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TfmXrCM

Batteries can be got for this as well. But for the moment have not thought about it. I also got a the newer version that mops ( microfiber cloth) and better suction. One of down stairs and up stairs. First world problems. But ended up having to give to family member. So back to one.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/byQuKsCg (again chose Poland to advoid tax as eu. Spain does not ship to ireland.)

Both machines have smart mapping and can work their ways around obstacles. Can see on map they clean in pattern to cover every area.They both dock when finished. Only time I have to help if a sock get stuck in the main brush. It pushs notification to my phone saying main brush blocked.

If it does break down will by another as soon as possible.

I've had my eye on the S50 for ages. Main reason I haven't pulled the trigger is buying an expensive item from Aliexpress. How would returns work if there's an issue? Back to Aliexpress or direct to Xaomi?
    Anyone had hassle with warranty support?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Saw this Eufy R450 / 11s come up on HUKD for £130 + delivery:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113620213044
    The RoboVac R450 cleans for you, so your time is spent enjoying more memorable moments. Get spotless floors without the hassle of vacuuming yourself with 100% hands-free floor cleaning.

SLIMMER DESIGN. JUST AS POWERFUL.

The upgraded RoboVac R450 is only 72.5mm thin but packs 1500Pa of suction strength and has a high-performance filter that should not be underestimated despite its small, compact size. The R450 makes life easy and powerfully cleans under furniture and around your home so you don't have to.

DON'T MISS A CRUMB

The 72.5mm ultra-slim design enables RoboVac to clean every area of your home including under the sofa and the corners of the room, so a crumb is never missed. The RoboVac also has two side brushes to sweep up cobwebs on its journey.

STRONG SUCTION

Maximum suction power has been boosted to 1500Pa for better extraction of dirt and dust from carpets and floors. With a 0.6L large washable dust box, you are easily able to clean out the vacuum without the hassle of vacuum bags.

BOOST IQ TECHNOLOGY

Suction power is automatically increased if the RoboVac detects stronger power is needed to ensure the best clean. Don't worry about the noise distracting your relaxation, as the vacuum is only 55dB.

LONG RUNTIME

The RoboVac R450 has an extended run-time to its competitors, with up to 100 minutes run-time on the internal Li-ion battery.

CONTROL WHEN TO CLEAN

The vacuum can be scheduled to clean daily via the remote control, so clean with the remote from your couch or set the time for a clean and leave RoboVac to it.

SELF-CHARGING: ALWAYS PREPARED TO CLEAN

RoboVac automatically returns to the charging base when power is low, ensuring it’s always charged and ready to clean.

In the Box:

RoboVac R450, Charging Base, Remote Control, Instruction Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

garion wrote: »
    I've had my eye on the S50 for ages. Main reason I haven't pulled the trigger is buying an expensive item from Aliexpress. How would returns work if there's an issue? Back to Aliexpress or direct to Xaomi?
    Anyone had hassle with warranty support?

Just bought one (Roborock S50) last week, very impressed. Search around ALIEXPRESS to find the best delivery date, shipped from Polamd and arrived in less than a week.
    Haven’t used the mop feature, but the vacuum is excellent, as is the mapping

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭doctorg

eglobalcentral has the roborock vaccum at 348. Some people don't seem to like them but I've not had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Eufy 30C, much discussed a few pages back, prime day deal £179. Been very happy with mine.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_92a70f93_0

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scolly

Eufy 30C, much discussed a few pages back, prime day deal £179. Been very happy with mine.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_92a70f93_0

Just ordered thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just ordered as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Does anyone know if these devices would set off a house alarm.

If I scheduled this to run during the day when no one was home but system in alarm, would the little robot set off the alarm. If it banged into a door hard enough would it set it off.

Hope they are not stupid questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

AdrianII wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these devices would set off a house alarm.

If I scheduled this to run during the day when no one was home but system in alarm, would the little robot set off the alarm. If it banged into a door hard enough would it set it off.

Hope they are not stupid questions.

I run mine in the middle of the night and so far the alarm motion sensors don’t pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Mine has set my alarm off via motion sensors before.

Apologies for opening an older thread - this is something that might be on the christmas list so doing so research.
    A couple of questions:
    1. Can these devices get over "door saddles" - I would assume so but needs to be clarified.
    2. In a two floor setup, can the device clean all the rooms on the top floor, be manually brought downstairs and clean areas on the ground floor?
    3. Any drawbacks to these devices. I am wary of the cost and lifespan of them if I am being honest and am somewhat concerned that the consumeables may be a pain in the backside in comparison to the "regular" vacumn.

Any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

See below
    Apologies for opening an older thread - this is something that might be on the christmas list so doing so research.
    A couple of questions:
    1. Can these devices get over "door saddles" - I would assume so but needs to be clarified. "My one Does without issue around 2cm from the floor to top of the saddle"
    2. In a two floor setup, can the device clean all the rooms on the top floor, be manually brought downstairs and clean areas on the ground floor? "yes I do this with bringing it upstairs to do the bed rooms"
    3. Any drawbacks to these devices. I am wary of the cost and lifespan of them if I am being honest and am somewhat concerned that the consumeables may be a pain in the backside in comparison to the "regular" vacumn. "Cheap is not always good research the model online/youtubeand look for the filters replacments online"

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement