Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This petition has already exceeded the 100,000 needed and you don't have to be British to sign it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231521?fbclid=IwAR3zZWJl7l0oovVKp307Mpy8tyAT6wGJ7l9ZY7I02l7RK5ssIhbsuPQxtf8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I don't buy into she was groomed. What 15 year old with access to today's technology for finding out about the world buys into a death cult. Any normal 15 year old would have nothing to do with ISIS.

When I was 15 I was extremely naive, but I knew the difference between right and wrong, and would have been disgusted by ISIS and their ideology if they had been around then.

Claiming she was groomed or brain washed is a total cop out.

Buying into the ideology that ISIS sells takes a special type of sociopath.

The fact she has no regrets or severed human heads don't bother her isn't what bugs me, it's the fact she is so blasé about the fact that 2 of her children are dead directly because of ISIS and it doesn't bother her.

Let the authorities where she is decide her fate. England doesn't need any more extremists. If she returns to England send her to prison and give the child to her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Forgive and forget i say
    None of us are angles

Don't be obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It comes as her family today admitted they are shocked Shamima is still alive and want her "innocent" baby to come home

Despite their marriage being arranged by ISIS, she says she loves him "very much" and would "never have found someone like him in the UK."

She says she has also been separated from her Dutch jihadist husband Yago Riedijk, 26, and fears she may never see him again.

"I come here, they give me food and they treat me quite nicely. It’s not as bad as I thought it’d be.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Damien360

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Thats good to hear
    Imho opinion women shouldnt be held responsible for their politicsl decisions

Are you trolling ?

Is it sarcasm ?

My wife would happily kick that crap out of you and I'm sure she would be joined by many other women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Damien360 wrote: »
    Are you trolling ?

Is it sarcasm ?

My wife would happily kick that crap out of you and I'm sure she would be joined by many other women.

Recently registered says it all really

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Personally I would support her execution right now. Child or not- I'd encourage her to be executed on nearest possible date as she is corrupted and this interview is proof of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

It is not a question of her being allowed back. She is a british citizen so they cannot prevent her from returning. That does not mean that they have to offer her any assistance to return nor does it mean she won't be investigated for criminal activity when she returns.

A British citizen who committed the capitol offence of high treason, if she does return she should get life in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Odhinn wrote: »
    The age of majority in Britain is not 15. The notion that she deserves the punishment and bears the responsibilty of an adult is perverse.

But she continued her crime into adulthood.

Let's use this hypothetical situation as an analogy: if a 15-year-old abducts a 5-year-old girl, locks her in a secluded barn on an abandoned farm, rapes her over the next 4 years, she escapes and informs the police what happened. The police then capture the now-19 year old. Do we try him as a 15-year-old or a 19-year-old?

In both situations, they continued their crimes into adulthood.
    Odhinn wrote: »
    The usual imagined nonsense. Treating teenagers as adults is what the likes of ISIS do.

Teenagers become adults when they turn 18. Under UK law, you are tried as an adult when you're 18, but you're sent to a special place for 18-25 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

some posters have a track record of terrorist sympathies so they can't be seen to change their tune now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

ISIS, Nazism without the work ethic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She was/still is a stupid kid who made a massively stupid life altering decision on a whim. Probably after been chatted up by some Jihadi on the internet, teenagers are easily influenced.

I'd say give her a second chance. Let her home to her family.
    The stories she can tell may even dissuade further radicalisation amongst British teens. She could become a spokeswoman of sorts.

The only problem with that is she still believes in the same stuff she believed in 4 years ago and has no regrets about anything she did.

The head of MI6 also said she is a very dangerous threat to the UK and these guys tend to know a bit about the subject under discussion.

The only problem with that is she still believes in the same stuff she believed in 4 years ago and has no regrets about anything she did.

The head of MI6 also said she is a very dangerous threat to the UK and these guys tend to know a bit about the subject under discussion.

Agreed when discussing the head in the bin and how it didn't faze her, personally I think she should be dealt with as daesh dealt with problems- into the square and off with her head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Why keep her out when there are already hundreds, if not thousands of Muslim extremists like her already living in the UK? The longer they let it drag on, the more her people will portray her as a martyr. Being her home, interrogate her. Imprison her if necessary, but don't let it turn into a circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

filters wrote: »
    If reporters for a newspaper can find her, can the SAS not find her? Know what i mean?

The Brits or the SAS don't partake in state sponsored killings.
    Oh wait...

If reporters for a newspaper can find her, can the SAS not find her? Know what i mean?

Wouldn't really look good if they put a bullet in her when she is about to pop out a kid any day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

What's with all these loony posts advocating killing her nearly full term baby?

**** her but killing her baby - it's a tad hypocritical to be ok with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I get why they're not in a rush to bring her back but it's a bit late in the day to be making symbolic gestures like this. What about all the other ISIS fighters who returned to the UK and are doing goodness knows what? This young lady is just one of many people who've been brainwashed/desensitised and are capable of doing a lot of harm.

Ok I'm going a little over board. But for her to be even considered to be repatriated is mental she's a gutter rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yeah, hang the baby that will show ISIS.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone who fought for IS should have their citizenship revoked and sent to Syrian black prisons. And their families deported to Raqqa.

Have you ever seen the BBC documentary ""My brother the Islamist"" or its follow-up "My brother the Terrorist"? If you follow the logic of deporting the families to Raqqa, you'd be deporting a very normal, white middle-class English family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Have you ever seen the BBC documentary ""My brother the Islamist"" or its follow-up "My brother the Terrorist"? If you follow the logic of deporting the families to Raqqa, you'd be deporting a very normal, white middle-class English family.
    You will probably find permissive parents who believe any critiscism of islam is rascism.probably big moral relativists too...usa israel europe bad but make excuses for other cultures that misbehave

I'm not disputing that. I was just playing Devil's Advocate and saying you can't just deport everyone because of what a family member did.

There are definitely a lot of questions to be asked about the families of many of these terrorists though. And when you look at the bigger picture, how they fit into society in the countries in which they've settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why keep her out when there are already hundreds, if not thousands of Muslim extremists like her already living in the UK? The longer they let it drag on, the more her people will portray her as a martyr. Being her home, interrogate her. Imprison her if necessary, but don't let it turn into a circus.

If you let her back then you will have to leave them all back when they come crying for help.

You make your bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If she is allowed back into the UK , the people of the UK will know for sure the government cars not for their well being, proof of a fifth column working at the highest levels of the UK government?

their government hasn't cared about their wellfare for decades. if they would now only realise this because britain doesn't make one of their extremists someone else's problem to deal with, then there is really no hope for britain i fear.
    by her not being prevented from coming back, the british public will see that for once, their government are actually willing to clean up the country's mess and take responsibility for it's problems rather then expecting someone else to do it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Ok I'm going a little over board. But for her to be even considered to be repatriated is mental she's a gutter rat.

foreign nationals are repatriated from countries all the time. the country where she is don't want to be a dumping ground for foreign terrorists, they want to concentrate on rebuilding and dealing with their own terrorists without having to take on other country's ones as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

foreign nationals are repatriated from countries all the time. the country where she is don't want to be a dumping ground for foreign terrorists, they want to concentrate on rebuilding and dealing with their own terrorists without having to take on other country's ones as well.

This is Syria we're talking about it's a war torn country

If she makes it out of Syria to a country that has a British embassy then they will have to offer her assistance but they are under no obligation to get her out of the camp she is in according to a guy who was interviewed on Sky yesterday.

What happened to the other 2 that went with her, are they dead?

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    This is Syria we're talking about it's a war torn country

correct it is . hence they will want to begin to rebuild.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement