Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car drives through crowd in Dundalk Graveyard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Wonder if John .connors has tweeted
    that fat numpty would only be shaking his head, nope, no, wasnt travellers, nothing to see here. Out and out utter wanker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

banie01 wrote: »

That Pavee Point and co managed to have that status enshrined in law, has cost many a business a significant sum and all too easily affords an easy veneer of immediate recourse to racism when any traveller is challenged on their behaviours.

"And Co" is understating it a bit-there are about 100 separate state-funded traveller organisations here with a huge cross-pollination between them and the rest of the "voluntary sector", media, quangos, unions, 2nd-rate academia etc. Together they act like a giant sphere of control to prevent the optimum outcome for travellers-to no longer live the way they do currently and become part of society-because that is directly contradictory to their (those institutions) very existence. The asylum seeker/refugee issue is very similar (and has a large crossover in the people involved) because they also require the raw material of oppressed human beings to fuel their industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I ****ing h8 pikeys...

One of the best movie lines at all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I ****ing h8 pikeys...

One of the best movie lines at all time.
    Yeah, but it's not all of them. That's why you got carded.
    My face and my fists are full of scars from fighting with Travelllers. I would never back down from the fluckers, which is why is I'm tattooed with natural scars. Never started anything myself, but the ****eheads were the usual ****eheads, and I responded appropriately.

But the reality is, not all of them are like that.
    And I know it's a cliche, but that's the truth. They are not all like that. A hughe percentage is, but not all.

banie01 wrote: »
    You're wasting your time replying to a poster who justs seems to be deliberately contrarian without offering any support for their stance other than "because".

I'm off to watch some football and hopefully someone else can show them why being granted an extra layer of cultural identity and protection denied all other Irish citizens may present an issue with particular regard to the rising tendency to identity politics and Traveller tribalism.

And yet, this poster seems to think that being given ethnic status somehow is a get out of jail free card!
    It isn't. It has always been against the law to discriminate against travellers & them now having 'ethnic status ' has not changed anything.
    & in this particular case, I believe there is someone in custody.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are they going to end up like ISIS . They are beginning to Use ISIS Tactics .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

blinding wrote: »

Da Fuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Boggles wrote: »

Da Fuq?
    Think it's a reference to Isis mowing people down in a vehicle

Think it was London

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

Think it was London

London, Stockholm, Berlin, Barcelona & Nice.

Think it was London

I know what the reference was.

Doesn't make the question any less bizarre.

• Advertisement

Think it was London
    London, Stockholm, Berlin, Barcelona & Nice.
    I know what the reference was.

Doesn't make the question any less bizarre.
    They are starting to Use ISIS Tactics . So , If You Use ISIS Tactics ? Are you like ISIS ?

They are starting to Use ISIS Tactics . So , If You Use ISIS Tactics ? Are you like ISIS ?

Was the man knocked down because he was an infidel?

Also ISIS did not invent using a vehicle as a "weapon", I don't think they have trade marked it since.

But to answer your question, no the Travelling community are not going to turn out like ISIS.

That is a mental thing to suggest.

Was the man knocked down because he was an infidel?

Also ISIS did not invent using a vehicle as a "weapon", I don't think they have trade marked it since.

But to answer your question, no the Travelling community are not going to turn out like ISIS.

That is a mental thing to suggest.
    Its a well known ISIS Tactic and they are now using this well known ISIS Tactic .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

They?

How many people were driving that car?

It's great that all the racism has been diverted away from After Hours, but it's a pity that the mods/admins have made no effort whatsoever to prevent Current Affairs from becoming a bigots' playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Its a well known ISIS Tactic and they are now using this well known ISIS Tactic .

Its a well known tactic of scum too.
    To drive a vehicle at speed at those they wish to harm.
    Applying a sectarian slant to scumbag behaviour, does not make it a sectarian attack.
    Its not an attack on christians, its scumbags doing scummy things.

Non Traveler Criminals have been using the same tactic, are they ISIS?

Non Traveler Criminals have been using the same tactic, are they ISIS?
    It is an ISIS Tactic . Worrying that they are beginning to use ISIS Tactics .

Many ISIS members have been former criminals .

It is an ISIS Tactic . Worrying that they are beginning to use ISIS Tactics .

Many ISIS members have been former criminals .

Okay, you really need to just stop comparing everything to ISIS.

It's beyond weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I am surprised the daily mail didn't add the headline "dead bodies everywhere!"

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

They?

How many people were driving that car?

It's great that all the racism has been diverted away from After Hours, but it's a pity that the mods/admins have made no effort whatsoever to prevent Current Affairs from becoming a bigots' playground.

Ah sure bigots will always be there, the internet gives them an anonymous free ticket...

• Advertisement

Okay, you really need to just stop comparing everything to ISIS.

It's beyond weird.
    I am comparing the Tactic to an ISIS tactic because it is an ISIS tactic .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They fired shots in that same cemetery at the Blessing of the Graves a few years ago and luckily nobody was shot. A Garda helicopter was over the cemetery the following year and people couldn’t hear the prayers. These people are dregs and offer nothing to our society.

why that one? is there a grudge? Maybe I should know ?

I am comparing the Tactic to an ISIS tactic because it is an ISIS tactic .

ISIS have lots of tactics.

When ever some criminal uses one of these tactics will you pose the question Will they turn out like ISIS?

Hopefully not because it is fúcking weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kivaro wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's not all of them. That's why you got carded.
    My face and my fists are full of scars from fighting with Travelllers. I would never back down from the fluckers, which is why is I'm tattooed with natural scars. Never started anything myself, but the ****eheads were the usual ****eheads, and I responded appropriately.

But the reality is, not all of them are like that.
    And I know it's a cliche, but that's the truth. They are not all like that. A hughe percentage is, but not all

I have said this before on a similar thread that I have known great kindness from many travellers. Only one negative experience in nearly 20 years and many positive, time and again. Practical kindnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I think you are deluded WRT to this ethnic status

That very Status allows sulky racing on main roads. The poor animals are not looked after and are a danger to motorists too

And that is but one example of their contempt for society.

There’s delusion at play here alright. Ethnic status has absolutely nothing to do with a sulky racing on roads. Pavee Point is on record as opposing sulky racing on roads as dangerous to motorists, horses and participants. Their position is that it should be on properly legislated tracks as in other countries. You seem pretty contemptuous of facts.

ISIS have lots of tactics.

When ever some criminal uses one of these tactics will you pose the question Will they turn out like ISIS?

Hopefully not because it is fúcking weird.
    Travellers have an ethnic status . They are a pretty closed community .

Its worrying when they start using ISIS tactics .

ISIS Muslims attack other Muslims more than they attack anyone else .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Stop the ISIS discussion please. What an odd angle to bring to this discussion.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It's almost like the camera phone holder was expecting the car, or something, to kick off.

Thays just a snippet of what happened. It had started minutes before that. At that point we had all been told to get off the pathways. What i dont understand is there is no mention of the second car. There were 2 cars. One following the other.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I was close to the incident with my wife and children at their nanny's grave and saw most of it. To say it was shocking would be an understatement. He hit the people then spun off wildly only to return 30s later and do a lap of the graveyard in such reckless fashion as fast as the car could go with no consideration to the people having to run out of his way. Engine screaming and people screaming, it was an awful experience that will stay with me for a long time. All of the kids in close proximity, of which there were many, were absolutely terrified.

I hope he is sent down, with all his previous convictions, for a long time but I've little faith that he will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Surely a graveyard wouldn't be a great place to try knocking people down as the headstones would act like concrete bollards.

Advertisement